Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

Marijuana and Myasthenia Gravis - Not a good combination

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marijuana and Myasthenia Gravis - Not a good combination

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    Hello anyone looking for information on whether the disease Myasthenia Gravis could be tied to, or affected by your smoking a lot of marijuana.

In my experience, quitting has made me much healthier, and has lead to my Myasthenia Symptoms being greatly reduced. I now am able to go without my mestinon medication on some days, and I feel a lot stronger. I had specific episodes where I would smoke....and then moments later I would feel weak, have to sit down, and my muscles would start these spasms.

Now that I have quit, none of this happens anymore! Given that it is an immune system disorder, with NO KNOWN CAUSE, I know in my heart that it was so so so so much smoking that was ruining my immune system, and giving me this disease.

And once I quit....and my body flushed out its system...I have gotten so much better. So to anyone wondering if there is a connection, in my experience it has been VERY causal. Do not smoke marijuana if you have muscle weakness and fatigue issues and Myasthenia Gravis.

----

Things are going well for me. I have 47 days of not smoking Marijuana today, and I feel very at peace with my decision. It helps that I went through this once before, when I first quit last year, coming to a Marijuana twelve step group in complete desperation. Last time I wasn't ready, I fought against the desire to be able to go back to a life that included smoking. All the time I was counting days, I was secretly planning on giving up. And so eventually I did.

So this time, I know I can do it, because I did it before...but this time I feel ready to accept the change. I picture my future as one without pot, and I actually know that it's going to be fun, and much healthier for me. One of the big differences for me this time around, which I wanted to fill you in on, is that I have been diagnosed with an auto-immune disease called Myasthenia Gravis which leads to muscle weakness and fatigue, and since I quit, my symptoms have almost disappeared. I know that smoking so much was poisoning my body, and seriously impacting my muscle strength. I always felt deep down like I was making myself sick...but I rationalized my way out of being concerned about it.

Until my higher power gave me this diagnosis, so I could finally understand with exact precision, what EXACTLY I was choosing to do to my body when I chose to smoke. Do I want to fall down the stairs to do lack of muscle strength? Or do I want to get stronger and stronger and stronger. The immediate positive benefits have been kind of mind blowing.

The disease is known to go into remission, and I had a check up with my doctor last week, and her exact words were. "Wow, I don't think you're going to have problems from Myasthenia Gravis soon."

So when I say I'm at peace with the decision, I just wanted to share with anyone our there where that is coming from. And that I now feel very connected to my higher power, because she spoke to me the last time I slipped and gave into weakness and addiction, and through my own voice I called out as loud as I could "DON'T DO IT AGAIN!" and I'm ready to listen.

Hi again Ready2Quit

It’s so great to hear that quitting is having such a positive effect on your health, so many people say they smoke because they have health problems but I know in my case it too was doing far more harm than good in the end, mine was in regards to anxiety and depression, it did neither of them any good long term. I think I have read somewhere that smoking dope can have a negative effect on the immune system so I am not entirely surprised to hear what you have experienced.

It is indeed amazing how quitting dope can be so good for your health in so many different ways, there are indeed all sorts of benefits to quitting many of which we don’t even consider until we actually do it.

Anyway it’s great to hear the progress you are making, once again well done and keep up the good work!

Take care and please keep us posted.

All the best
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
      Myasthenia gravis medical marijuana

One thing you need to take into consideration is that with MG patients, no two cases are the same. Some patients have amazing results using sativa strains only. Others (like in your case) it does more harm than good. My own personal experience is in fact the exact opposite of yours. When I was diagnosed I stopped smoking or having edibles and ended up feeling like I was constantly on the verge of a myasthenic crisis. Once I started to partake again, total turn around. I don't wake up with double vision anymore and have not had a crisis or sensation on one in 3 years. Also, keep in mind this whole time I was not on any medications. I wouldn't allow the drs to put me on prednisone. That was a whole other mess of drama. But back to the point. I am very glad that you were able to find relief from your symptoms once you stopped smoking, but not all patients react the same way.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      Working...
      X