Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

A guide to quitting Marijuana and Hashish

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A guide to quitting Marijuana and Hashish

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    Here’s some interesting information called A guide to quitting Marijuana and Hashish, from a clinic in Sweden dedicated to treating cannabis addiction. Here’s the link http://www.droginfo.com/pdf/guideuk.pdf

This bit caught my eye, I can certainly identify with feeling like that when I was using.

“The influence of the chronic use affects the cognitive processes in such a way that you can't question or criticize your behaviour and will therefore be unable to change it if necessary. This will create a "cannabis pattern", a new identity, which is a continuous ongoing process, so the longer the use continues the stronger the cannabis pattern will grow. It is a kind of filter which filters out everything negative said about cannabis. The “cannabis pattern” contains pat answers to every effort made to convince you to detox the habit, e.g.
    Everybody smokes pot.
    I can quit whenever I want to, but I do not want to right now.
    My habit is not a problem. The safety of nuclear power is a problem. Alcohol is much more dangerous.
    Cannabis is a natural herb.
    I become creative and it enhances my artistic ability, and therefore I can go on smoking pot.
    I have many friends, who fit the description but I don’t. I’m unique. I’m immune to the negative effects.
    I have a deficit that is compensated, when I’m moderately stoned.”

All the classic arguments most of us have probably used in our time to deny that we have a problem. There are also some very good questions in relation to the effects marijuana has on the user. I could also indentify with allot of those questions. These guys seem to know a fair bit about the effects that using cannabis has and give some good advice for quitting, well worth a read.
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

What a terrific link. Thanks for sharing...even 10 years later!
    John

Comment

I agree John! Very interesting

I think that it will both give people some good advice about quitting and help us to help others too. I love learning more about this addiction!

Comment

I, too, find myself being very interested in the whole cannabis addiction. I am very grateful for the wide array of information--from scientific to anecdotal. What did people do before the internet???

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
          It is inconceivable!! Go to a library? Ask a friend? Accept ignorance? I can barely remember what it was like not to have a world of knowledge at our fingertips. It has changed our world so much!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X