Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

How exactly do you go about quitting marijuana???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How exactly do you go about quitting marijuana???

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    Ok I have read some of the success stories of overcoming marijuana addiction and I hope to get there some day. My question to everyone on this board who has overcome marijuana's grasp is HOW DID YOU DO IT. What were the steps? What did you do instead of smoking marijuana? What happened the first couple of days? How did you overcome it. Certain foods you should try? How do you convince yourself not to smoke? How do you do it?

Hi,
    I'm in my 32nd day.. I decided I was done. After 35 yrs of being a chronic pot smoker, I had enough... I finished up my the drug and put away my vaporizer. I went around the house and threw out roaches, bags and papers...
    The first few days I felt a void, I was sad, like I broke up with a close friend.. i didn't want to do much, but I did read everything I could on the board.
    I googled NA and read the steps.. The first step is important. After 5 days I went to a meeting. There I meet fellow addicts and connected with people that had alot of clean time.
    I went to different meetings and found one I enjoyed. It's in a very poor area and I wouldn't go there at night... but the people there have passion. The speakers tell their story with
    excitement... I drive 60 miles a day total each morning. I found other meetings to be boring. I was falling asleep in them.They are very close to my house, but I need help, not convenience. I struggled with the "Higher Power" because frankly I didn't believe in one.
    I spoke up at a meeting and told them after about 3 weeks... That was a good idea, I wish I did it sooner... A women pulled me to the side and explained... your lower power is your drug... anything that keeps you off the drug is your higher power.. I thought NA... Now I don't care how many times they say god...It's all good...
    The withdrawals are better now.. but I'm not gonna lie... It's a b-tch. Insomnia, nausea, anxiousness, agitation, sadness, feeling a void..You might feel like a zombie the first few days.
    My void was filled after I started meetings, the nausea and sick stomach lasts about 2 weeks... insomnia can last 3-4 weeks.. People are different.. I take meds for RLS so I had no insomnia. But I remember it from last time! I tried to detox a year earlier with no face to face support group... I caved after 3 weeks..
    I went to the Park last week and took a hike with my music... I was gone 3 hrs and had a ball... I was shocked that I could actually have fun with out smoking before I got there and while I was there... I didn't have to avoid the people there because I wasn't doing something wrong... I felt relaxed and happy... Crazy, huh?
    If you truly want to quit, don't do it alone and you will have a better chance of being successful.

Best of luck to you..

Robin

Robin

Comment

I find the best thing to do is to just keep yourself busy and try your best not to think about weed! You want to detox for a reason, so stand by that reason and dont let yourself get in contact or in a situation where your most likely to smoke. I have terrible insomnia for a while after I quit and huge cravings, its a unpleasant feeling but you have to keep at it. One thing that I cant stress enough staying sober, everytime I have quit usually between 2-3 months I reach this point where I tell myself ive done pretty good one bag wont hurt.. then it all starts again and all that time you have spent trying to detox has been eradicated. The thought of quiting is scary but if your on CannabisRehab.org wanting to detox im sure its the best thing you could do! Good luck to you.

Comment

It's been a while since i have been sober. I forgot what it's like. How do you deal with the time? Being Bored. Convincing yourself not to smoke?

Comment

Get a hobby of some kind to get your mind off it. You wanted to detox for a reason so just keep reminding yourself why.. maybe right down a list of pros and cons of smoking focusing on the cons.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            Ok I have read some of the success stories of overcoming marijuana addiction and I hope to get there some day. My question to everyone on this board who has overcome marijuana's grasp is HOW DID YOU DO IT. What were the steps? What did you do instead of smoking marijuana? What happened the first couple of days? How did you overcome it. Certain foods you should try? How do you convince yourself not to smoke? How do you do it?

Hi,

my biggest advice is to persist persist and again persist in the decision to quit the weed...i think it does not matter how many miles you will run a day, or how many litres of water you will drink per day. Or if you will work, work and work to forgot about the marijuana.....the exams if your decision to persist is strong, will come anyway...you can not run away before it......persist and belief that life without weed is also interesting is the strongest success....

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
              It’s not easy- especially the first couple weeks- but the longer you stay clean, the easier it is to stay clean. My biggest piece of advice is to change your routine/lifestyle. I know this sounds broad and vague, but simply put, if you do the same stuff sober that you did while you were smoking weed, odds are you’ll be unhappy and fall off the wagon. Getting clean is just as much about changing how you live as it is not smoking weed. Took me multiple attempts before I figured this out, but I am now almost 7 months clean, living a more fulfilling life and feeling no cravings. Whether it’s reading, exercise, art, hiking, etc, find healthy engaging things to fill your time with and build that positive momentum!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X