Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

Quitting cannabis marijuana and appetite

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quitting cannabis marijuana and appetite

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    I found when I quit cannabis I eat allot more, I was always hungry. Quitting cannabis definitely can affects your appetite, although from what I have read some people find the opposite and struggle to eat, which is not good if you are also experiencing anxiety as not eating properly can make that worse.

I was just wondering what other people have experienced with quitting cannabis and their appetite?
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

I am the same. I have never been so hungry in all my life. I think I am going to go and eat now. It’s all good for me as I am under weight as I never eat properly when I smoked.

Comment

starving

ive always had a fast metabolism,but since ive given up the drug its gone crazy,i need to eat every hour and its got to be substantial,i eat a big porridge breakfast which is suppose to keep you going till lunch time but by the time its 10 am im starving again,i keep lots of nuts and fruit and chocolate in my van,i eat high protein and carb food but im still hungry,i dont seem to be putting any weight on in fact since ive stopped smoking ive lost weight,maybe its the anxiety eating all my food up all the nervous energy,the adminastrator is right because it is better that you are hungry then you aint,some people cant eat when they are anxious,they get a knot in thier stomach.

Comment

Same here since I stopped smoking 2 weeks ago I just cannot get rid of this hunger. It feels as if I got the perma-munchies

Comment

Eating stimulates the pleasure centers of the brain similar to the way drugs do, so it's no surprise.

It's interesting how different people are affected. It would seem some are driven to eat alot in an effort to regulate their addiction-rattled nuerochemistry, while others finding eating impossible due to their addiction-rattled nuerochemistry.

Perhaps it's how food was used in the past? . Perhaps the people that can't eat are simply those who never used food as a coping mechanism?
          Last edited by CannaClown; 07-01-2014, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Hunger

I quit weed 2 weeks ago and I've turned into pac man. I just chomp my way through everything and I seem to be loose g a bit of weight. Cant find any info online other than this thread! I smoked daily for 24 years and just stopped I hadn't eaten breakfast in all those years couldn't stomach it. Now I feel like I'll die if I dont eat in the morning and every hour. Why though I dont understand how that works!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
              I quit weed 2 weeks ago and I've turned into pac man. I just chomp my way through everything and I seem to be loose g a bit of weight. Cant find any info online other than this thread! I smoked daily for 24 years and just stopped I hadn't eaten breakfast in all those years couldn't stomach it. Now I feel like I'll die if I dont eat in the morning and every hour. Why though I dont understand how that works!
              Mmmm....interesting. When I quit after about 20 years of daily use I had almost zero appetite for about a month. And lost weight.
              It takes a while for your body to "reregulate".

How are you feeling otherwise?

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
                Hungry Hungry Hippo

( 21F) I quit smoking about 2-3 weeks ago. I began to dislike it and so I stopped.
                After smoking everyday for 7 years I used to be able to go all day without eating, then I would have a bong and a big dinner.
                Now that I’ve quit I notice I’m hungry as soon as I wake up. It sucks. I thought I’d be losing weight as I’m already too heavy. I have a constant hunger! I don’t know what to do..
                At least I’m not the only one.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X