Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

Lonely after quiting marijuana

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lonely after quiting marijuana

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    I love the drug but I had to detox a week ago i want some now but, I deleted the last dealers number today. I did everthing with the drug and told myself that it made me do things better. It was a lie my reason for quitting is so that I don't lose my job and the respect of my wife and children because I smoked so much it seems that all they see me do. I can't go back. my children know I have quit and I made a promise to them that I wouldn't start again. I'm not afraid of relapse but, I would like the process of recovering and starting a new life to speed up. I'm an x gang member with children, a great wife and a pretty good job but, when I'm alone I think of how unhappy quittting made me. If that sounds strange well its how I feel. I do have other activities and projects I can begin to take my mind off but, I did everthing with the drug and its now harder to want to do fun things that my children like without getting bored. I feel that I'm a pretty smart guy but, the drug took so much of my ambition away its hard to connect with the things I would like to accomplish. I'm an on-the- go person and the drug slowed me down so I wouldn't think so much. It also made life seem a bit less serious as I am and uptight serious person when not high. I see that other people are dealing with the same thing. I feel as if I'm getting to old to enjoy life anyother way but again I can't lose my job nore do I want my children to follow my foot steps so I don't have a choice here. I guess thats life and I need to grow up and deal with it. thanks to who ever is out there reading this just needed to vent. My wife headed home from her job so I need to act as if this move was the best thing in the world for me again. This is lonely.

You feel lonely and sad because your body isnt used to not being sedated.

If you want to feel better start working out, have fun, be happy, be positive.

You have to create chemicals in your brain by laughing, smiling, being happy so that your mood gets better.

Of course you feel like this because you were constantly sedated before and your body is like wtf now heheh, i quit 12 days ago and im doing great myself, but be positive.

STOP being negative, concentrate and focus on positive, stop thinking about weed, think about your health, your familys health, your financial health, your smell, your breath, your energy, your lucidity, etc etc.

Good luck sir and be strong, the mind is playing tricks on you but dont let go.

Comment

dont feel lonely

ive given up now for 5 weeks and i too feel lonely i dont have a wife/girlfriend or kids,ive got my parents and friends still.its only your mind playing games with you,i felt like my best friend had died when i gave up weed,you shouldnt feel lonely,youve got kids and a wife which should make you happy,your doing well for your self and just focus on that,your brain is angry with you for stopping so its trying every trick to make you go back,its happening to me as well but i aint listening,go to the gym or do some exercises or just keep doing things with your family that makes you happy............good luck

Comment

Lost a pal

it is okay to be lonley because if you are like me when you quit you lost your best pal..weed. You have wrapped yourself up in a self image that revolves around weed. You are lonley because the old you is gone...and that is good news. As time passes and you begin to focus on now rather than the past or the future...you will begin to relate better to the new you and the new realities of life...like giving full attention to your wife and kids your job and the real you that will eventually surface. The huge benefit of quitting will not really be apparent to you until something dramatic and unexpected happens in your life...and it will. For me it is being diagnosed with a serious illness. I know that if I had not quit the drug I would not have been able to handle this situation as well as I can now. You are doing the right thing by getting the drug out of your life. Fake it until you make it. You need a clear head for whatever happens in your life...good or bad.

rob.

Comment

Marijuana Abuse Addiction

Giving up the drug does feel like a loss initially, however after a while you do adjust and start to realize that it wasn’t quite the friend you thought it was, especially once you start living a much fuller life.
          Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Comment

Just focus on your family, they will get you through. Do it for them. I am sure you will succeed.

Comment

Share with your wife how you feel bro, that’s what she’s there for, for better for worse. I am sure she will be glad you did.

Comment

Quitting

It has been 7 days for me quitting. I've quit several times before. The longest was for 6 months, twice. What happens is it seems after you quit that "it was easy". That is the first lie not to believe. Then you think "I'll only get high one more time" as a treat. That is a second lie not to believe. If you are an occasional pot smoker you should not have to quit. If you are like I was smoking from when you get out of bed till you pass out at night then perhaps you needed to quit. I know guys who only smoke after work and they don't have much of a problem. The smoke all day users are the issue. Can't do anything without the drug is what the problem is.
                The problem is if you abused the drug..and yourself you ruined the chance to use the drug in a responsible manner. Like I did. I feel sad all the time as I miss the drug. It was fun getting stoned and watching movies or sports. I just watch the shows anyways and I enjoy them just the same afterwards. When I think I'm going to break down I just tell myself wait another hour then see how I feel. Usually I'm happy I made it that extra hour and I continue on. I can't say I''ll never smoke again. I've screwed up too many times. You need to stand tall now. It is a mental thing quitting the pot. You need to realize that there will be those times and prepare yourself mentally for them. I smoke hash, about 5 grams a day when I smoke it. If I started back right now I could only smoke about a gram but it would not take long before I was back up to 5 or 6 grams a day. Everyday! ou will feel like Sh1t if you try smoking again. It will only make you feel guilty.

Comment

In the same boat! and im sinking.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                  I love weed but I had to quit a week ago i want some now but, I deleted the last dealers number today. I did everthing with weed and told myself that it made me do things better. It was a lie my reason for quitting is so that I don't lose my job and the respect of my wife and children because I smoked so much it seems that all they see me do. I can't go back. my children know I have quit and I made a promise to them that I wouldn't start again. I'm not afraid of relapse but, I would like the process of recovering and starting a new life to speed up. I'm an x gang member with children, a great wife and a pretty good job but, when I'm alone I think of how unhappy quittting made me. If that sounds strange well its how I feel. I do have other activities and projects I can begin to take my mind off but, I did everthing with weed and its now harder to want to do fun things that my children like without getting bored. I feel that I'm a pretty smart guy but, weed took so much of my ambition away its hard to connect with the things I would like to accomplish. I'm an on-the- go person and weed slowed me down so I wouldn't think so much. It also made life seem a bit less serious as I am and uptight serious person when not high. I see that other people are dealing with the same thing. I feel as if I'm getting to old to enjoy life anyother way but again I can't lose my job nore do I want my children to follow my foot steps so I don't have a choice here. I guess thats life and I need to grow up and deal with it. thanks to who ever is out there reading this just needed to vent. My wife headed home from her job so I need to act as if this move was the best thing in the world for me again. This is lonely.

Today me and my partnet fell out as she was going to work, ive recently been layed off from my job and have been working from home now for the last 2 months or so, during this time ive had an operation which has put a stop to me actually working as such, but im at home and can just potter about the home, doing cleaning tasks & little things my g/f would normally do.
                  My problem is i love weed and have done for the last 15 years! i smoke it when i can and where ever i can, if i have it i have to smoke it, when i was employed full time it wasnt bad, i would have a joint b4 work and a little smoke at lunch, and when i got home i would smoke all night until bed time, repeating the process the following day! my partner smokes it with me but nothing like the way i do, she just has a pull and goes to sleep.

since i have been at home my situation has changed! like i said im self emplyed but currently injured so my smoking has increased, some days i can smoke and work really hard and feel good for the work i have done, other days i smoke, smoke some more, and some more, and feel guilty when my g/f comes home and i havnt done anything, i take great pride in my work but weed often destroys that along with my motivation and inspiration for what i do!! i have days when im fully aware of this and i can beat it head on, other days it beats me and i sit and get high all day.

im 28 yr old, soon to be 29, i walked away from a footballing career at the age of 18 because of weed! i grew up loving football, it was always gunna be my life! but weed was my life and still is! i know that when im not smoking there is another person inside waiting to get out, the person who could of been a footballer, when im high i forget all my dreams and aspirations and think that smoking is the best thing for me, it hides my problems for me, and if my problems worry me smoking weed solves it!

the whole point in me writing this is that ive never said any of this to anyone, but its how i feel inside everyday! i feel like my life is on the verge of cracking up and i could loose all i have through my own choice! i wanna stop but something inside tells me i need it to be happy! ive forgotton who i was b4 i smoked, the energy levels i had were unreal, my lungs were fresh i could run for miles and i enjoyed it, im a different person today, angry!! aggressive, inpatient, snappy, all the things that i dont want to be.

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
                    keep going please you sound like a good person with great morals, it's time to find yourself again it's in there somewhere the drug just nulls it. my partner is you all over and I just wish he'd take the step you have and tAlk to someone. I'm on day 9 and still going strong....Don't give up...again!!!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X