Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

Cannabis and alcohol interactions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannabis and alcohol interactions

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    Hi.. i gave up smoking cannabis 4 wks ago, i wad smoking 6 bongs of home grown skunk every evening for 3 years and also drinking 5-6 pints of beer every night. The first 3 weeks were hell, i started drinking some alcohol again after 3 wks and this seemed to help. I read somewhere that mixing cannabis and alcohol is dangerous but i never had a problem while I was doing this. Has anyone encountered problems mixing the two?

Mixing the two makes me sick, or pull a whitey as they say.

Comment

Allot of people find that the two don’t mix well. Mixing cannabis with other drugs like alcohol can mean that one increases the effect of the other and vice versa. For more info on mixing marijuana with alcohol you may want to check out this webpage.

http://ncpic.org.au/ncpic/publicatio...is-and-alcohol

For more information on mixing cannabis with other drugs you may want to check out this post. Marijuana and interactions with other drugs.
      Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Comment

Ive found CannabisRehab.org very interesting and informative. I thought I was smoking cannabis because I enjoyed a harmless recreational drug but I now understand I probably smoked it everyday to stop withdrawal, even though I didnt know it was there.

I stopped smoking cigarettes 5 years ago because we all know the evils of that, but continued to smoke cannabis in a bong believing it to be pretty safe. My consumption of cannabis and alcohol shot up but it was never really a problem. Some of the things Ive read on here, especially the bit about parts of the brain not having any activity in them due to cannabis use are scary, and shows its not safe.

Its been 29 days since I stopped smoking it, the physical withdrawals pretty much gone along with the anxiety and depressed feeling, but theres still a slight craving - a feeling that somethings missing. Some things trigger it off, like I used to have a smoke then walk the dog. Does this feeling ever completely go or is it always there in some form?

Comment

Sorry Mac1977 I think I forgot to welcome you to the forum, welcome to the forum.

Don’t worry the cravings will ease with time and eventually it will feel completely normal not to smoke weed.
          Cannabis Rehab Admin

Comment

The cravings will pass just try not to use drink too much to help.

Comment

cravings

I think you'll crave pot for the rest of your life but it always gets weaker the longer you stay away from it. Still if your were a chronic smoker. Meaning you smoked all day every day then there will always be times when you'll think I'd like to smoke a joint... It just gets easier and easier to say no. If you decide to have that toke some day always remember it will be the first step to smoking all day every day again. Never think it will only be one more time. It is never that way...

Comment

Its been 32 days since I stopped smoking the drug and the main problem Ive got now is a bad temper which has only come on recently but starts pretty much when I get up and carries on through the day, but tends to ease up about 8pm-ish. Is this because after a month of not smoking all the thc is out my system and my body is telling me it wants it? I dont really feel like having a smoke so is it more of a subconscious thing? Im also eating a lot more than I used to.

Comment

You may want to read this thread, this person said they were short tempered for a while after they woke up, although they were still smoking I think, so maybe it’s not that relevant, but I thought I would post it anyway, cannabis and aggression. Allot of people can be bad tempered when they give up, I sure was, your brain is having to learn to deal with life without all those feel good chemicals, so it’s bound to make you crabby. Allot of people find exercise helps, I did, maybe if you were to release all those endorphins early on in the day that might help. Just a thought.
                  Cannabis Rehab Admin

Comment

Cranky and hungry

Expect to be cranky and short tempered for a month or two. It goes away and you'll become normal. You'll never be normal smoking pot everyday. Your going to be hungry for good food. Expect to eat more healthy but beware of becoming over weight. Don't miss breakfast. I'm hungry right now. I had bacon and 3 eggs two hours ago. Spilled the grease and started freaking out at that. Was called that the house I'm selling didn't sell. Felt like smoking pot as I get thinking why me. I understand it can happen to anyone after I calm down and face the rage... I'm happy now that I didn't run off to a coping mechanism like a nice fatty. I still straight and I might spend the day with my girlfriend. She is such a sweet thing. She never complained about my pot smoking too much. She loved me for who I was and didn't focus on the weed. Too bad all women couldn't be so sweet.

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
                      Ive found ive been eating a lot of breakfast cereals, and sugary foods like yoghurts and biscuits. Luckily im underweight at the mo so its not too much of a problem. Thanks for the words of advice people Im looking foward to the 2 month mark and hopefully feeling completely like normal again. I think the moodiness is on a par with the anxiety for worst symptom of withdrawal, it stops you thinking straight

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                      Auto-Saved
                      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                      x
                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                      x
                      Working...
                      X