Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

So after 10 years I am saying goodbye to marijuana...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So after 10 years I am saying goodbye to marijuana...

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    I am 26 years old and have been smoking since the time I was 16-17 pretty regularly, throughout the last two years of high school, four years of college, and ever since then. I have quit for several months a few times when I've been working out of town or traveling. Other than that I was smoking everyday mostly and not a insignificant amount. I've always been introspective and I believe that marijuana comforted me and my thoughts. But after a certain point it tends to take over and become a huge negative in my progression as a person. Don't get me wrong I believe marijuana has a time and place but certainly not every day, every month or even every year.

Ironically the first time I realized the effect marijuana was having on me was when I was 17 years old and was in Paris. I obviously wasn't smoking then and I remember crying and telling myself that I wouldn't smoke anymore. Well obviously that never happened. I went the next 8-9 years without ever really questioning the reasons why I smoked or why I should quit. I went to a major state university, got good grades, deans list every semester, loved school and learning (I have to really say that I highly value education and I believe that now more than ever). Although I did well in school, looking back at it I know I could have done much better not only in my studies, but socially, physically, economically etc. Not saying that I was hurting badly in any of those categories but I now realize how much more I could have done with my time and resources then I have done.

Well I finally got the urge to quit this summer. I told myself that I was going to quit as I wanted to go to law school and enhance my business career. I thought to myself that I needed to quit while I got my affairs in order. Well after several attempts at quitting, i.e. I would quit for a week or two and then start smoking again I realized how much weed was handicapping me in every aspect of my life. During these periods of quitting I came to realize how in heck did I go all these years without being lucid? How did I maintain myself? How much more am I capable of?

I have to admit that I have relapsed a few times in this attempt to quitting. In the past month I have smoked twice, both nights I had been drinking and I was with friends and well you know the rest. Both times I did smoke I felt like shit later that night and guilty as hell the next day. Those feelings are making me more certain than ever that I need to quit.

I need to get on with my life. It has been fun while it lasted don't get me wrong, I've had some incredible times the past 10 years but I've realized it's time to grow up and get my shit together. I know how much I am capable of and I believe that even if marijuana wasn't having any negative effects it certainly didn't help anything concerned with my mental clarity, drive, creativity etc.

Since I've quit I've started exercising a lot, running, yoga, baskteball, a little weights etc. And I have to say I feel so much better than when I was smoking dope and not exercising. I've been going to the sauna a lot lately and I believe that along with running and yoga have clarified my mind and allowed me to focus on what is important; my family, friends, career, my body, financial independence etc. I've always had a very active and analytical mind and I believe that people like us are drawn to marijuana for some reason.

Anyways I don't really know what the point of this is but I just felt like I had to get it out there. I apologize if it is disorganized or a little rambling and it is what it is. Any support would be appreciated.

Dude your story sounds similar to what I could potentially go through... (Im only 18, started when I was 16). I believe you will be fine because your motives are truly sound and you actually want to quit for yourself. Stay posted with your progress. Best of luck to u.

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
      just posted a thread with a similar situation. I've been a smoker for 6 years, and I just went cold turkey last week. I'd say that my smoking habit hasn't ruined much of my life, but I do feel that it has weighed on my potential. I think the biggest part of it to me is not blaming marijuana; it just does what it's supposed to do and I think it's given me some wonderful experiences. That said, I also recognize that I am a prisoner of it as well. Anticipation of getting high was the first thing I thought about when I woke up; even on productive days when I might go to work for 12 hours or study for a test that I would ace the next day, it was all just a means to an end of getting high again. The cyclical repetitive nature started to leave me feeling more deflated sooner into the high. I began to feel guilty for my relaxed state.

Anyways, I just wanted to say I'm with you man. Exercising is helpful, but I didn't get serious about quitting until I met the girl that I am going to marry. It may corny, but I want to be better for her; not for me. I was fine with who I was becoming for the most part (though I still wonder what I would have been if I never started smoking); it has been through my relationship to her that I have found a solid floor to my addiction.

I think it's all about finding reasons to be better, to progress, and to be more than you were the day/minute/moment before. When your high, you remain as you are. And be not growing your in fact receding.

I still think marijuana has it's time and place, and I am sure that I will stumble upon it again at the appropriate times (concerts, vacations, special occasions). But I want the days of chronic solo smoking gone for good.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      Working...
      X