Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

Daughter hooked on marijuana

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daughter hooked on marijuana

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    Hi, I need some advice I have a twenty year old who is addicted to cannabis,
    she has a three year old daughter who I adore, My daughter used to be full of fun always smiling, but now she has a vicious temper, shouts at her daughter for nothing tells her to shut up, Ignores her, if I say something to my daughter about the way she talks to her daughter she starts shouting and tells me to F off and get out of her house, then sends me a text message telling me I'm a nasty old man, just because I try and speak to her in calm way that its not the way to speak to her daughter,
    I used to give her money all the time but she just bought more dope with it
    she speaks to her mother the same way, I have tried everything, but she just wants to get stoned she smokes from when she get up in the morning till when she goes to bed, I find it very hard to like her, all her friends are the same, not one of them work they sit in house and smoke dope, I used to smoke dope myself so I know what its about, I tried to give her advice I know how hard it is to get off the stuff but she won't listen.

Marijuana Addiction

Hi Dann-E welcome to the forum.

It sounds like you are in a very difficult position, my parents were in a similar situation when I smoked dope, they would try to make me understand the negative effects it was having and I could never see their point of view, I would just get angry with them whenever they tried to talk about it. I suppose the reality of the situation was, that there was very little they could have said to convince me otherwise and it wasn’t until those things became a bigger and bigger problem, that I was forced to realise they had a point. It’s like with most addicts, it not until you hit rock bottom that you realise you have a problem. However the difference with this situation is that there is a child involved, who is been affected every single day this continues to happen and I think that for her sake you have continue to try to do something. Are there any other people you could turn to for support, who she might listen to? Sometimes we listen to other people more than our parents. The more help you have the better I think your chances will be of resolving the issue, maybe you should try to organise some sort of intervention. Other than the threat of involving social services, I am not sure what else you can do, I don’t know if that would be appropriate or not, it depends on how negatively you feel the child is been affected.

You have my deepest sympathy and I wish you the very best of luck.
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Comment

Also you may want to also check out this post on, Dealing with a family members marijuana addiction.
      Cannabis Rehab Admin

Comment

Thank you for a very nice reply, My grandaughter stays with her Dad every weekend and she stays at my house at least once a week, so she gets a break for her mother, I'm not saying its all bad with my daughter and her daughter when they are together, it just seems she has a short fuse most of the time when I'm there, I know she thinks she missing out having a good time because she has a child to look after, she had the baby when she was seventeen. but I don't know what wants as I say she has every weekend off to do what she wants, she recently got her daughter into play school, she could of gone three times a week for free, she took her once the first week, then phoned the play school and said she was taking my grandaughter out because it was to far to walk, its a 10-15 minutes walk, I know it horrible thing to say but I'm starting hate her,

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
          Don't hate her as she will no doubt need your suppport to kick this addiction.Try to keep your relationship tenable even if only to keep watch over your granddaughter.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X