Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

Brain Pain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinkman
    replied
    1) Has anyone else experienced this brain pain as I am describing and possibly found a way to soothe it? How long does it take to subside after quitting cold?

I got that before and after quitting. I thought something in my brain was going to pop. It was really scary. From time to time I still get that pain. It's always in the same area on the top of my head to the left side. The best thing to do is close your eyes, remain calm and just take deep breaths. I also massage my temples etc. It fades quickly on its own anyway but it's really uncomfortable, right? It's happening a lot less often nowadays, though.

2) Anyone else struggled particularly breaking through days 4-7? Any strategies that helped you once you made it to this point to break through?

I was strongly motivated because I wanted to ditch the anxiety and all the bad things that came along with smoking. That period was definitely the worst but if you just keep yourself busy with new activities then it gets easier. You probably have a fixed routine with weed integrated into it so if you do the things that normally leads onto smoking, you'll get the cravings because your body will be like "you usually get high now". If you change your schedule and do different things then it might help. It definitely did for me. I've replaced a lot of my activities with exercising and eating LOL I have a lot of motivation to do other things now, too.

Leave a comment:

• Kvothe
    replied
    1) Has anyone else experienced this brain pain as I am describing and possibly found a way to soothe it? How long does it take to subside after quitting cold?
    From day 2-3 to around day 9-10 i felt like a had a little bit of a headache constantly.. I also felt slightly dizzy, foggy and a bit groggy.. i actually felt more like a pothead in those days that i felt while i smoked..
    I did have some pretty intense headaches as well, focused around my temples.. But i think those came because i took a break from coffee as well.. (if i dont control myself i drink coffee constantly, and im used at getting headaches when i dont get my daily dosage.. No way of being sure that was the only reason though)
    My head pretty much cleared after those ten days(as did the night sweats).. But i imagine everyone is different..

2) Anyone else struggled particularly breaking through days 4-7? Any strategies that helped you once you made it to this point to break through?
    Day 5 i got the first dream i'd had for a very long time.. It was probably also the most vivid dream id ever had, and it was insanely disturbing..
    The next day i got a night terror(Gothika meets Shudder Island sort of thing), almost as vivid as the dream on day 6..
    It probably doesnt sound promising, but it really made me realize that my brain had been seriously affected by smoking all that weed, and that all this withdrawal talk was real..
    So my dreams where sort of my wake up call :P

The first week i went for a lot of walks, stocked up my kitchen with vitamin-pills, fish-oil-pills, Gingko Biloba, ginseng extract, fruits and vegetables.. I drank water so i literally went to the bathroom to piss every hour..
    And i read a lot of posts in here, when i doubted whether it was the right choice to quit..
    It especially helped to read about the withdrawal symptoms, i'm not sure how i would have reacted to all the panic and frustration if i hadnt anticipated it before it happened..
    I also listened a lot to audiobooks by tony robbins.. My main advice is to keep busy, and make lots of plans..

Good luck

Leave a comment:

• fuzz84
    started a topic Brain Pain

Brain Pain

Hello,
    First-time poster; have stumbled upon this site a couple times over last few months during various attempts to quit and have found it to be very helpful and therapeutic. I do not feel the need to give my full story as it would mirror what so many others have covered, short version is: I smoked daily for 9 years and I have 2 questions maybe someone could answer. After quitting, I usually do NOT struggle with day 1, 2, or 3 as much as I do with days 4-7. I do not know if symptoms get better for me beyond day 7 personally because the longest I have went is 15 days years ago and one symptom (among the others i.e. insomnia, night sweats, etc) that I have is brain pain, and it doesn't seem to subside (the other symptoms did slightly).

The pain is similar to a headache, but I honestly feel like pain of the brain is a better description. I can actually feel my brain pulsating underneath my skull, as if the neurons and receptors in this complex organ are just in disarray and moving in all sorts of directions to try to cope with the lack of THC. Intense exercise makes it go away for an hour or two, as does eating a really healthy meal, but it keeps coming back and is extremely frustrating and painful. Pretty much any activity that naturally releases endorphins will tame the brain pain for a short time, but it keeps coming back.

My 2 questions for any readers who have a thought are as follows:

Thank you in advanced for any thoughtful replies...
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
Working...
X