Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

Did you lose weight when you quit smoking pot?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you lose weight when you quit smoking pot?

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    Hey All,

Just wondering if any of you experienced weight loss when you quit smoking weed?

If you did, how much did you lose approximately and how long did it take for the weight to come off?
    Check out my Quit Journal - Starting Over

Sober since 7/7/2013

Read my first attempt at quitting weed, 33 days sober - Day 1(again)

For me I have actually gained a little fat lol! From emotional eating and also because cant do much exercise.

I would think it depends on each person. Some start eating really healthy after they quit which is great because I think reducing sugar and junk food reduces cravings too so they probably would lose weight. Also less munchie sessions from being high ha. Some may eat more because they are bored.

Comment

Sounds about right. I started working out when I quit- nothing too crazy...

Each morning:

60 jumping jacks
      30 pushups
      30 pull ups
      80 crunches

Its not a crazy workout but enough to get me sweating and tear my muscles up a bit. I think in a couple weeks I'll start going down to the gym in my apartment complex.

I have noticed since quitting that I'm eating a lot less, so hopefully I can drop a few pounds.

I will update this thread with any weight loss I experience

Sober since 7/7/2013

Comment

I'be lost 10 pounds since quitting on May 1st, the first couple of weeks I was an emotional mess and I just didn't have an appetite, I forced myself to eat a breakfast lunch and dinner though because I wanted to lose weight, and if you eat nothing at all it works against the weight loss goal. I've been eating healthier, and I've been trying to going to the gym daily, on the days I go to the gym I seem to sleep a lot better that night. The weight seems to be melting off, I think quitting has been a big part in that, I don't eat stoner snacks, I don't eat as much and I have more energy to exercise.

Comment

Thanks DianeMichelle. I just noticed a 6 pound loss after hopping on the scale today. I'm also eating a LOT less than I was eating when I was stoned all the time. I'm more active and I think the combination of less food and being more active is helping with the weight loss. I'm hoping it melts off at the same pace as yours! Good Luck and let me know how things progress for you.

Sober since 7/7/2013

Comment

Happy to hear about your weight loss, I will keep you posted. I'm thankful for this website, I'm finding my weekends are the days that may be a problem, there are more opportunities to be bored, but I'm proud of myself for resisting temptation this weekend, things are getting easier. Good luck to you too!

Comment

I lost 10 pounds since I quit... No munchies it helps a lot.

Comment

Hello to all, after one year of quitting, I gained 15kilos...Conclusion: you have to quit together with getting diet and exercise!

Comment

For me, i quit smoking pot about 2 months ago and i was a daily smoker...about 5 times a day. And i ve lost about 12 lbs. No more munchies and more energy. Lovin it!😊

Comment

I was looking on the internet as I was concerned about my weight loss, I had packed in the weed 4 weeks ago due to the fact I had had the worst experience of my life! I have smoked weed on and off for over 30 years but in the past year or so, I had smoked it to excess partly due to being stressed and generally because I was greedy and just wanted more. What I had not realised was that the stuff you get these days is so much stronger and without realising that it was having an adverse effect on me physically and mentally. I went to our friend's (smoker's too) one evening with my partner, (also a smoker), had a lovely meal with a couple of glasses of wine, nothing unusual happening just enjoying a nice social evening together. We all had a smoke after dinner and I suddenly started to feel weird, tingling all over and my head was buzzing, but not in a very nice way. I started to go into panic mode as I felt nauseous, was sweating and felt like I was going to pass out! I did realise I was having a 'whitey' which I had had before but never quite this bad. It lasted for about 15 minutes and all I wanted to do was go home and lie down, praying it would pass as I really believed I was going to die. It did pass after my lovely friends & partner sat me down, sponged me down with a cold towel and reassured me that I would be ok. Needless to say, it scared me to the point that I made a promise to myself that I would never ever smoke the weed again, I cannot even stand the smell of it anymore and got rid of what stuff I had left. My partner has also packed it in and althought the withdrawal symptoms were very unpleasant, they soon subsided and we both feel amazing! Got loads of energy and we do so much more activities together and are enjoying our new lease of life! On a closing note, when I was having my 'whitey', my thoughts were for my 3 children and 2 beautiful grandsons and how much love I felt for them, I didn't want to die and I made myself a promise to enjoy what I life I have left. It changed me forever and I wanted to tell my story to encourage others to do the same, life is wonderful and we don't need these drugs to get us throught it....peace, love and happiness to all! (from a 60 year old granny!

Comment

OMG i fetlt the same way every single think

Originally posted by lindylou View Post
                      I was looking on the internet as I was concerned about my weight loss, I had packed in the weed 4 weeks ago due to the fact I had had the worst experience of my life! I have smoked weed on and off for over 30 years but in the past year or so, I had smoked it to excess partly due to being stressed and generally because I was greedy and just wanted more. What I had not realised was that the stuff you get these days is so much stronger and without realising that it was having an adverse effect on me physically and mentally. I went to our friend's (smoker's too) one evening with my partner, (also a smoker), had a lovely meal with a couple of glasses of wine, nothing unusual happening just enjoying a nice social evening together. We all had a smoke after dinner and I suddenly started to feel weird, tingling all over and my head was buzzing, but not in a very nice way. I started to go into panic mode as I felt nauseous, was sweating and felt like I was going to pass out! I did realise I was having a 'whitey' which I had had before but never quite this bad. It lasted for about 15 minutes and all I wanted to do was go home and lie down, praying it would pass as I really believed I was going to die. It did pass after my lovely friends & partner sat me down, sponged me down with a cold towel and reassured me that I would be ok. Needless to say, it scared me to the point that I made a promise to myself that I would never ever smoke the weed again, I cannot even stand the smell of it anymore and got rid of what stuff I had left. My partner has also packed it in and althought the withdrawal symptoms were very unpleasant, they soon subsided and we both feel amazing! Got loads of energy and we do so much more activities together and are enjoying our new lease of life! On a closing note, when I was having my 'whitey', my thoughts were for my 3 children and 2 beautiful grandsons and how much love I felt for them, I didn't want to die and I made myself a promise to enjoy what I life I have left. It changed me forever and I wanted to tell my story to encourage others to do the same, life is wonderful and we don't need these drugs to get us throught it....peace, love and happiness to all! (from a 60 year old granny!
                      OMG i feel the same way want to share my story too lost weight everything i felt the same holy ****!! everything

Comment

I lost 8lbs in a week after stopping. I lost a lot of my appetite and have been really sweating a lot more at the gym

Comment

Originally posted by Inovake View Post
                          I lost 8lbs in a week after stopping. I lost a lot of my appetite and have been really sweating a lot more at the gym
                          Congrats on stopping and good luck with things. Your appetite will come back so losing weight and your appetite is not a bad thing unless you are already very lean and cannot afford to lose weight.

FYI: The American Psychiatric Association recognizes cannabis withdrawal in its latest diagnostic manual, the DSM-5. One of the symptoms they list for cannabis withdrawal is "reduced appetite".
                          The other symptoms are....
                          •Anger, irritability or aggression
                          •Nervousness and anxiety
                          •Insomnia or other sleep difficulties (vivid dreams)
                          •Restlessness
                          •Depressed mood
                          •Physical symptoms causing significant discomfort, like shakiness, headaches, fever, sweating, chills or abdominal pains

Comment

Hi Inovake

Congratulations on quitting!

I have lost about 25 pounds since I quit on January 1. I had pretty much zero appetite for the first month. I would nibble at stuff at mealtime. It gradually improved. I totally needed to lose weight so it's a good thing. I also have stopped drinking alcohol which helped as well.

Trouble with body temperature regulation is a typical symptom. From what I read on here, most people experience sweating, especially at night. I was freezing all Winter long. And I live in a place with mild Winters--it never freezes. But I was bundled up all night long and during the day to a point.

Contrary to what I just said, I do find myself sweating more at the gym. Not all the time but some of the time.

Hang in there! It does get better.
                            John

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
                              Thanks Granny

Originally posted by lindylou View Post
                              Same thing happened to me Granny. I was smoking all day. I've smoke for 15 years steadily working my way up to 4-5 blunts a day out of stress mostly. My husband with a surprising, crazy look and say "you want more?" I would keep smoking. Then I started to get dizzy and a sick feeling with sweats. Just like you I would pray it would pass. I didn't know anything about a whitey during this time. I was barely eating too, but I drank a lot of soda and sweet tea. I am self employed. I smoked when I got up. No food, no drink nothing. Weed was my breakfast. I would smoke back to back for hours with no food. I had to move apartments so I believe that's the only thing that interrupted my everyday smoking routine. I really wanted to smoke I just couldn't break my routine. Anyways, 2 weeks smoke free now. I took this drink 16oz drink QCarbo16 and that really gave me the jumpstart I needed. I had to drink water with this drink. I believe rarely drink water. I know that I'm dehydrated. My appetite is still poor. I only feel good when I eat light, tasty food like salads, sushi, fish and fruit. Basically fresh food. I ate so much fried food while smoking that my body doesn't want it now. I have also lost 10lbs in 2.5 weeks. It's a lil scary. At times I began to wonder if I am sick. I'm so glad I found these posts. I've always been active, but the last 5 years were so stressful for me that I sat and smoked most of the time. I plan to start working out again next month to build muscle and get stronger because I am so weak now. I get tired carrying a load of groceries. In 15 years I've only stopped smoking for 2 years total at the most. I've also wasted a lot of time. Thanks Granny.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X