Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

Did you lose weight when you quit smoking pot?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Has anyone experienced weird dreams after stopping? If so how long should they last?

Leave a comment:

• Cannabis Rehab Admin
    replied
    Exactly, you can eat normally, and hopefully continue to lose. Great to hear things are starting to return to normal, or at least improving.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Down to 214. It’s slowing down and I finally have an appetite again but as long as I’m not gaining!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Today I’m 217 lbs. My husband told me I look smaller. If I can get back to my original weight from last year, I would be so happy. So far it’s been a total of 10 in 4 days. I’m happy I decided to stop before I reached to a point where I don’t recognize myself. I know ppl say the first 10lbs is water weight so we’ll see what progress I make this week!
    Wish me luck!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Yes that’s what I think these articles should mention is that it’s different for everyone depending on your body makeup. Some people bodies will lose and some will gain but they never mention it ever and I started to think I was crazy.
    On another note it’s 48 hrs and I’m now 220. I haven’t had the urge to pig out and I’ve tried eating a junk yesterday and I didn’t make it past 3 bites. I ended up eating a delicious kale salad with loads of fruits and veggies. I drank only water and had no cravings for any sugary drinks or fast food. It’s crazy to think that for the last decade my weight issue was smoking all along. I have a long way to go but this is giving me hope and I have more clarity in my thoughts.
    Last edited by Cannabis Rehab Admin; 09-24-2021, 10:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Cannabis Rehab Admin
    replied
    It's great that you're already starting to lose weight. I do think it depends on the individual as to whether they lose or gain weight. Personally I gained a lot of weight when I first quit, which is often the case when people quit smoking cigarettes as well - they sometimes tackle the boredom associated with giving up, by eating more, possibly? I used to think my appetite was more ravenous during the munchies, I remember eating an entire banoffee pie during one session, and whole tubs of ice cream. Keep it up, and let us know how it goes.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by Cannabis Rehab Guest View Post
    I made up my mind this morning that I’m quitting smoking. I’m scared af of what will happen but I know I need to quit. I can’t control my munchies and gained 50lbs in a year. Im now 227 lbs and my body aches. I’ll come back and update for the silent readers looking for help and sometime to relate to.
    It’s been almost 24 hours and I’m down to 223lbs. It’s crazy because every article I read tried to say that you won’t gain weight smoking weed and won’t lose weight when you stop and I think there’s something wrong with that. I found one actual trail where they said the participants that smoked gained weight and the ones that didn’t smoke weed either maintained their weight or lost some. I’ll be reporting for 30 days my results maybe every 2-3 days so I don’t over saturate the important details you want to know.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I made up my mind this morning that I’m quitting smoking. I’m scared af of what will happen but I know I need to quit. I can’t control my munchies and gained 50lbs in a year. Im now 227 lbs and my body aches. I’ll come back and update for the silent readers looking for help and sometime to relate to.

Leave a comment:

• JWC
    replied
    Originally posted by Ganim View Post
    Stopped ingesting weed in one form or another one month ago. Woman in her early-mid 30s. I was at a normal weight before, but I'm losing it fast now - I think this month I must have lost something like close to 4kg. I find it utterly baffling because I know how to count calories, and I know how water weight works (I used to be overwheight in my past life). The math doesn't make sense to me at all, but this happens every time I go clean after long periods of smoking or vaping (I was a daily stoner).

Still getting mostly nasty vivid dreams, but eating healthily. I get very few cravings, and go running. Ignoring hunger is easy, which is very useful for financial reasons. The really awful insomnia stopped about 10-14 days in.

Like I said, this isn't my first time, but this time I didn't have nicotine to kick in addition to the cannabis, so it's easier than it has been on other occasions. I'd assumed the lack of desire towards food was anxiety or depression (I had quite a lot of family abuse in the first weeks, as well as other stress), but reading everyone's replies about their own massive changes in weight makes me think this will be over soon. Which is almost a shame as I like being a little leaner, but also good because I don't need to worry that I've accidentally fallen into an eating disorder without trying! 😅

Going to use this as a chance to get into a routine where I eat even less processed foods than I used to!
    Hi Ganim,

I lost a bunch of weight the first 4-6 weeks after quitting too. I kinda liked it as I was a bit tubby as well. I just had no appetite. That went away. I've been up and down in weight since then. I'm down about 15 lbs. since July 2020. A good thing. I guess it was the covid 19 gain.

There are cannibinoid receptors in our digestive tract. So cannabis affects this system.

Good luck to you!
    The old addage "You are what you eat" rings true!
    John

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Stopped ingesting weed in one form or another one month ago. Woman in her early-mid 30s. I was at a normal weight before, but I'm losing it fast now - I think this month I must have lost something like close to 4kg. I find it utterly baffling because I know how to count calories, and I know how water weight works (I used to be overwheight in my past life). The math doesn't make sense to me at all, but this happens every time I go clean after long periods of smoking or vaping (I was a daily stoner).

Still getting mostly nasty vivid dreams, but eating healthily. I get very few cravings, and go running. Ignoring hunger is easy, which is very useful for financial reasons. The really awful insomnia stopped about 10-14 days in.

Like I said, this isn't my first time, but this time I didn't have nicotine to kick in addition to the cannabis, so it's easier than it has been on other occasions. I'd assumed the lack of desire towards food was anxiety or depression (I had quite a lot of family abuse in the first weeks, as well as other stress), but reading everyone's replies about their own massive changes in weight makes me think this will be over soon. Which is almost a shame as I like being a little leaner, but also good because I don't need to worry that I've accidentally fallen into an eating disorder without trying! 😅

Going to use this as a chance to get into a routine where I eat even less processed foods than I used to!

Leave a comment:

• JWC
    replied
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I've been quit 3 months after 20 years of daily smoking. I've put on a lot of weight say nearly 2 stone. I hardly ate when I used weed. My diet is far better and healthier now but feeling very tubby. I'm sure I'll figure it out how to lose it again but for now am just proud of what I've achieved in quitting
    Gaining weight can be tough. It might take longer for your digestion and metabolism to sort itself out. Or, maybe you were underweight as you said you ate very little while using?

Good luck with it!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I've been quit 3 months after 20 years of daily smoking. I've put on a lot of weight say nearly 2 stone. I hardly ate when I used weed. My diet is far better and healthier now but feeling very tubby. I'm sure I'll figure it out how to lose it again but for now am just proud of what I've achieved in quitting

Leave a comment:

• oldtimer
    replied
    Originally posted by oldtimer View Post
    Day Result
    21 Positive
    22 Positive
    23 Positive
    24 Negative !!

Previous experience after pushing it to the limit with daily vaping plus ingesting edibles and oil extracts (approximately 30 mg THC/ml) for 6-12 months had me testing above 50 ng/ml for 43 days after stopping. The negative result doesn't mean my body is free of THC and or it's metabolites. It just means it's dropped below the detection limit of the test strips I have. No doubt, it will be a lot longer to get rid of it completely. I think the 50 ng/ml limit is the limit used by most employers, and that's why the test strips don't go lower.

My point? The more you take, and the longer you take it, is certainly a huge factor in getting it out of your system. I'll try another test in a few days, but experience tells me once you test negative, you won't move back into the positive again. Think about it. Even getting wiped nightly for a few months makes this crap linger in your system for well over 3 weeks. I like scientific evidence rather than guesswork, and this is the best evidence I have. Remember, there are a lot of factors involved, and everyone is different. I do hope I never relapse, and to misquote The Terminator movie line, "Weed, I WON'T be back!"

Day Result
    21 Positive
    22 Positive
    23 Positive
    24 Negative !!
    25 Positive
    26 Inconclusive
    27 - 35 No testing
    36 Negative
    37 Negative
    38 Negative

It lingers.

Leave a comment:

• oldtimer
    replied
    As I expected. No need to keep this discomfort "table" going. I'm past the worst in terms of withdrawal. Now the urine test results, on strips that detect 50 ng/ml or more:
    Day Result
    21 Positive
    22 Positive
    23 Positive
    24 Negative !!

Previous experience after pushing it to the limit with daily vaping plus ingesting edibles and oil extracts (approximately 30 mg THC/ml) for 6-12 months had me testing above 50 ng/ml for 43 days after stopping. The negative result doesn't mean my body is free of THC and or it's metabolites. It just means it's dropped below the detection limit of the test strips I have. No doubt, it will be a lot longer to get rid of it completely. I think the 50 ng/ml limit is the limit used by most employers, and that's why the test strips don't go lower.

My point? The more you take, and the longer you take it, is certainly a huge factor in getting it out of your system. I'll try another test in a few days, but experience tells me once you test negative, you won't move back into the positive again. Think about it. Even getting wiped nightly for a few months makes this crap linger in your system for well over 3 weeks. I like scientific evidence rather than guesswork, and this is the best evidence I have. Remember, there are a lot of factors involved, and everyone is different. I do hope I never relapse, and to misquote The Terminator movie line, "Weed, I WON'T be back!"

Leave a comment:

• oldtimer
    replied
    Day Discomfort (1-5)
    1 3.0
    2 3.0
    3 4.5
    4 4.0
    5 2.0
    6 3.5
    7 3.0
    8 1.0
    9 3.0
    10 3.5
    11 2.5
    12 1.0
    13 3.5
    14 1.0
    15 3.0
    16 1.5
    17 1.0
    18 1.5
    19 1.0

My winning streak continues. In about a week I'll start the urine testing with the home test kits. They seemed to accurately agree with the science of THC lingering in our systems for over a month. Previous experience suggests that for me, it's around 40 days before I start testing negative. Your mileage may vary.
    Day Discomfort (1-5)
    1 3.0
    2 3.0
    3 4.5
    4 4.0
    5 2.0
    6 3.5
    7 3.0
    8 1.0
    9 3.0
    10 3.5
    11 2.5
    12 1.0
    13 3.5
    14 1.0
    15 3.0
    16 1.5
    17 1.0
    18 1.5
    19 1.0
    20 3.0
    21 1.0

As I expected. No need to keep this discomfort "table" going. I'm past the worst in terms of withdrawal. Now the urine test results, on strips that detect 50 ng/ml or more:

Day Result
    21 Positive

Leave a comment:

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
Working...
X