Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

Advice on cravings in the morning (wake and bake)?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Keep moving

Just jump right out that door mannnn, like don't even give yourself time to realize your awake, just zoom through your day like boom bam thank you ma'am , all the way to the bank, deposit your checks and your all set,no regrets, and guess what? You won't even realize you need drugs! It's that easy, seriously. Don't talk about it, be about it, that's my advice, instead of wake and bake grab a mcmuffin to go, something, like that, then grab a burger later for lunch, and maybe some Chinese food for dinner.

Leave a comment:

• bigasmn
    replied
    thanks for the advice Paul

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    waking & baking...

hey big,

fellow lurker here. former lurker I guess! 47 years old, smoking daily for 27 of them...congrats on making the decision! im 6 days clean & yeah, wakin' & bakin' always came before eggs & bacon...always!

the first few days of my quit, i'd just stay in bed as late as possible then rush to get out the door away from the house, if that makes sense? I tried not to leave much time to think, "gee, I want my usual 'breakfast'...", then once out & about the cravings settled down or were at least easier to control. I read somewhere that a craving only lasts 10 to 15 seconds if you can manage to divert it....10 to 15 seconds that can feel like an eternity, right? but easier than 15 to 20!

im using melatonin to get to sleep & stay asleep & it seems to be working. ive also heard "sleepytime tea" is good.

a lot of people say throw all your gear out (papers, pipes, bongs, etc..) & ive done that. BUT, a few years ago I quit for over 5 months & the first week I would actually take "hits" from an empty bowl!! kind of like my own "vapor cigarette" I guess. the ritual of it made me feel better...some might disagree with this method, and im not doing that this time, but it did get me past the morning thing last time...

good luck & best wishes on your journey...

paul

Leave a comment:

• bigasmn
    started a topic Advice on cravings in the morning (wake and bake)?

Advice on cravings in the morning (wake and bake)?

I find that the first smoke is a pivotal smoke in my routine. I seem to crave it the most when I wake up and have little resistance.

It seems to set the 'standard' for my day and I'll need more and more to maintain the high. If I avoid the morning smoke then I'm a lot more normal/active and willing to fight cravings throughout the day (however fruitful that will/wont be).

Any advice on waking up without cravings? I think I can fight this addiction if I can win the war in the morning first

Oh yeah, new poster, been lurking for a while. Happy to find a rehab group thats not grouped in with 'harder' drugs, which present an entirely different set of circumstances.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
Working...
X