Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

18 years daily smoker

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18 years daily smoker

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    I'm on day 3. I am 34 years old and I have been smoking since 16 years of age. I too grew up thinking weed is not a "drug" (not from parents) but from social media. I got addicted to weed almost instantly. First i was smoking with friends only, then found myself bringing it home and doing it by myself. That sounds addicting to me. Weed may not have been addicting in the past (60's) due to low THC content, but I now believe we have made it that way over the years by making weed stronger. Being that I'm only on day 3 I'm going through hell lol. I know hearing about other peoples stories have helped me through things in the past so I started reading up on withdrawal symptoms due to excessive use. I was AMAZED. I had no idea the symptoms can be so bad. I'm angry I was duped into smoking weed by saying aaaa it's not that bad. So here I am now writing my story. Hopefully someone will say OMG REALLY!!! And feel better about themselves like I do now. I'm going to write about my experience on everyday that I quit. I've never wrote anything in a rehab group before so hopefully I can keep updating my story everyday. So here it goes

Day 1-I argued with my husband on purpose. We never argue. I tried to push him so far so he would give in and let me smoke again. I was sooooooo angry. I'm a very happy person usually but I literally could have been possessed on day one. I cried ALOT. I couldn't close my brain off to the thought of smoking a joint. I couldn't sleep. My blood pressure is high. Now I have high blood pressure I am a diabetic ( due to sugar munchies at midnight almost every night for 18 years probably) but I'm on medication for blood pressure and I was good then I quit and blood pressure is high again. I think it could be due to stress from withdrawal. I didn't go to sleep until 3 am and I finally took a pill for it. God help me! ( yep I actually said that many times)

Day 2- I woke up and the first thing I said to my husband is "wanna get some weed" lol I think I asked him that question 500 times on day two. (Hahah this was yesterday hahah) I wasn't so angry on day 2 but weed still constantly occupies my mind. I have anxiety over my friends coming over and smoking in front of me so I haven't spoke to any of them yet. I have anxiety over drinking alcohol. Pretty sure if I was to drink I will give in and smoke so that's out. HERES THE BEST ONE YET.... I have anxiety my sex life with my husband will dramatically slow down. Sex was amazing on weed I sure hope my sex drive goes back to normal ugh. I have noticed I can not eat at all during the day but as soon as it's night time and I'm about to faint I still crave take out food. I was hopeing the take out will cease but I think that's a whole new whithdrawal on it's own haha god help me! I almost forgot. On day two I raided ashtrays and couches. NOW COME ON THATS ADDICTION IF IVE EVER HEARD IT. I LIFTED COUCH CUSHIONS HOPEING TO FIND A ROACH IM SOOOOO ASHAMED. I found 6 roaches. I took my one hitter and went to my car saying I was going somewhere. I was going to smoke it and hide it from my husband. As soon as I got into my car I got anxiety, I started crying again, I looked into the mirror and looked at myself and said you can do this. If not for yourself but for you twin 2 year old babies. Think of their future. I started the car and rolled down my window and trew the one hitter into a known drug addicts backyard. Not to be mean just thought if I throw it on the ground while driving who knows who will pick it up? A child? So I just threw it in his yard. Don't judge, I'm not sane right now xo. Then as I drove down my street I dropped all the roaches on the road. I was proud of myself, but at the same time as I was dropping them I was like frigg I could have smoked those and not feel like this anymore.

Day 3- told my husband today that if he wanted to get weed I would be 1000 % in. And laughed. I think I'm trying to wear him down so I have an excuse to do it. Around 6pm my husband said okay let's get some but we need rules. Such as only before bed or not more then 2 per night. At first I was like YESSSSSS I get to smoke again. Then the anxiety came on. I went back to day one and the feelings that I felt and how BAD it was. I don't want to do that again, I thought about being in that car and crying over roaches. I told my husband I was nervous about smoking one and right away he said okay I change my mind were not doing it. That leads me to right now. I googled withdrawal and blood pressure and symptoms and read some threads. People mentioned this site and I joined. I feel soooooo much better right now at this moment about quitting. I had no idea of the things I will go through dealing with this. Now I know, somehow knowing what to expect is making this so much better. This is my story thus far. It is now 12:15 a.m. And I should try and go to sleep now so by 3 am I will be sleeping ha. Wish me luck as I wish all of you luck. Hopefully I can update day 4 tomorrow on this post if not I'll try something like titling my post DAY 4.

We can do this and I'm actually excited about it. I always wondered what it would be like to not smoke weed, not to have such a dependence on something. I wanna know what I'm going to spend all my money on lol I'll save that for another post. Have a good night !!

First of all welcome to the site & well done for reaching the 3 day mark.

Now the bad news, you will feel like $**t for another couple of days before you start to see an improvement but if you stick at it, it will be well worth it in the long run.

I am speaking as a 15 year weed smoker who is now on day 35 without weed. Like you I have 2 young children and these can be used as a motivation in the first week because that is the toughest time when temptation is at its worst but after that you will start to feel the benefits.

Like you my blood pressure went through the roof 2 weeks after quitting but after a visit to my doctors found out that the weed kept it artificially low but this can be easily remedied by medication.

In my experience the vivid dreams & insomnia were the hardest part of withdrawal to deal with but also the anxiety. & boredom are also difficult but with the 2 youngsters to care for you should be occupied pretty much 24/7;-)

Anyway good luck for now and I will be reading your journal with interest and hopefully giving you any advice if you need it.

Bye for now and congratulations on making such a tough decision to quit weed.

Comment

I read your journal and i can see that its pretty tough as the day goes through. Anxiety is always coming to you but at the end of the day you realize why have you started. I admire that your not only doing this because of yourself but also for your family. Keep fighting and you'll recover soon. Goodluck to you. Looking forward for the next journal.

Comment

I have updated this post but it doesn't seem to be posting?? I am on day 8 now. Still clean and very happy and healthy. Think I know what I'm going to do with the extra cash....travel trailer lol I'm doing some camping and the only thing I will be smoking is smokies lol

Comment

Originally posted by Gettingtoooldforthislol View Post
          I have updated this post but it doesn't seem to be posting?? I am on day 8 now. Still clean and very happy and healthy. Think I know what I'm going to do with the extra cash....travel trailer lol I'm doing some camping and the only thing I will be smoking is smokies lol
          I'm so much glad that you are happy. Stay joyful and enjoy your camping trip. Fresh air can improve your blood pressure, improve digestion and give your immune system an extra boost. You'll feel less stress.

Comment

2 weeks clean on Tuesday woooo. So guess what I did with the extra money I'm saving....WE BOUGHT A TRAVEL TRAILER, I'm making memories with our kids. That's the most important thing to me not weed. I used to spend roughly $350 month on green and my trailer is only $200 month ppft should have quit years ago. Oh well I'm doing great. Ow and will never go back. Wooooooooo I got a trailer. Yep that's right I'm one of THOSE people now hahah

Comment

why stop completely? 1 ou 2 joints at the end of the day can do the job, just as people have a drink or take pills like Xanax.

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
                That may be ok if you can do that but by the time people become hooked on anything whatever the vice they have usually lost that kind of control and most people at least seem to find it has now become a all or nothing type scenario, that's just the nature of addiction I am afraid, as I have said before I can't say for certain that any particular person won't be an exception to the rule and if they can do that and are happy with doing so then that's fine for them, but for the majority at least they can't do it that way so that's why the advice is always to quit.

All the best,
                Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X