Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

I quit.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I quit.

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    Hey. I'm new around here. And, after 35+ years of some pretty heavy alcohol and marijuana use, I quit just about a month ago. Cold turkey. It's been the most difficult thing I have ever gone through, physically and mentally. I have no desire to smoke or drink, but I feel like such dog doo - my head feels like it's overstuffed with cotton and I've had anxiety like I've never imagined (which then spirals into a desperate depression). Yay. Good times. It's been a relief to read that this isn't uncommon, but if anyone wants to pipe in with their experience, I welcome further confirmation that this is just part of the withdrawal process.

I know it's early days and that it could take months, but I have been facilitating my detox with a really clean, organic diet, juicing, daily coffee enemas and infrared sauna sessions and I just assumed all of that would hurry the process along and that I would be feeling better by now. In fact, I just feel worse. Less energy. More fuzzy headed. The anxiety is less intense, but more constant. I can't seem to see the bright side of anything. Sigh. Someone throw me a lifeline.

I went to my first AA meeting last night - mostly because I know that I need to surround myself with people who are committed to living a sober lifestyle, but I am curious about these famous 12 Steps.

My drug and alcohol use hasn't landed me in any real shit - I'm very fortunate to have made it this far without any real negative social consequences - but, it has been detrimental to my health. My body has willingly taken the abuse for DECADES and now she's asking for some love. I'm giving it to her and I'm hoping it's not too little, too late.

That's my story. Cheers, as they say.

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    Hi Arpedkedarki,

Welcome! It is good to have you here! How are you doing?

I can hear from reading your post that you are doing a really good job at remaining committed to your quit, even though you haven't been feeling very well. I think this is very admirable. Some people give up when the going gets tough. It seems to me as though you are the sort of person who is very resilient and strong.

I remember around six weeks quit, I went through this period where I wondered if it would ever get any better. I read lots of other people's stories at that point, and it did turn a corner very soon afterwards, which was a relief.

Other people have talked about anxiety, and for some people this anxiety crops up further into their quit. I would recommend breathing exercises (anxiety is caused by over breathing) and a magnesium supplement for anxiety - although if you have a nutritional deficiency, supplementing with a nice supplement such as Bioceuticals - muscle eze might take from one to three months to have a real effect.

It sounds like you are doing a lot of different stuff to try and rid the toxins from your body. While that is very admirable. There might be more toxins circulating in your system than you can handle because you are doing all these cleansing things. There is some good news. From what a lot of other people have said, you probably won't have to wait months for your withdrawals to reduce noticeably.

A lifeline. . . I think the reason why you can't see the bright side of anything at the moment, is because your brain is busy rewiring itself. You built a neural network based on the release of dopamine that was giving you pleasure and motivation. The good news is that these things do come back naturally. I feel just as happy and motivated now, if not more so, and definitely with more clarity and focus. It just takes time for all the receptors to close and to build a new network.

A lifeline. . . you are such an amazing woman. I can just tell! Look at all the incredible things you are doing!

I hope that you will come back and post and let us know how you are getting on. It is such an amazing journey to stand at the other side after a year away from cannabis and feel so much more capable, connected and alive.

Good luck! Post if you need to! And good luck with AA!
    Alice

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    Working...
    X