Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

Pain

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pain

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    Today was the first day I decided to quit smoking weed after everyday use for about 4 years. Today’s the 7th anniversary of my fathers death, complications from diabetes. It’s been a rough journey especially these past years. I’ve tried to quit smoking at least 3 times over the past couple years but I’ve always lost all my motivation soon after beginning. I don’t know why I smoke pot, it’s probably to drown out all these feelings about my dad.
    I live with my mom brother and sister but we’re all not close, never have been. It’s sucks to actually type that and realize that my life is just a ball of endless pain. I’ve been depressed ever since my father died and it’s been extremely hard dealing everyday with thoughts of regret. I do blame myself for most of the pain in my life. I’m alone, I always have been and from the looks of things I always will be.
    I think I’m just using this thread to vent. If anyone wants to talk I’m here.

Baby steps forward. Tiny ones.
    Forward thinking.
    Physical environment and lifestyle and habits reinforces the spin of the mind and the emptiness in the heart.
    Change the surroundings, the friends that are not productive and moving forward, the lifestyle, and the habits, and the mind and heart will change in turn.
    Decide to quit, awesome.. . . then quit.
    Decide to take a walk down the street and hum a tune. . then do so.
    Decide to do things and act and respond differently than before. . . then do so.
    Baby steps.

Comment

Hey Freedom123,

I am sorry to hear about your father, that must be really hard. Have you ever thought about getting some counselling or therapy to help you to work through the feelings of regret and blaming yourself?

Don't be too hard on yourself for smoking cannabis. It is addictive. Maybe you continue to smoke it because it is addictive?

I also know the feeling of the fact that it can put you in a little bubble and you don't have to deal with the outside world. This can be comfortable, but it is a temporary fix and it doesn't help to make your life better.

Just because you feel alone now, doesn't mean that you will always be, especially if you take steps to live true to your values and continue to improve your life for the better.

Congrats on your quit. I know it can be hard, especially if you don't have support, so I would encourage you to find a good therapist or to post more on this board here, so that you can find your people and get out of the funk.

Take care,
      Alice xx

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
        I too am sorry to hear of your suffering, I know as someone who has battle depression themselves that sometimes you just want someone to listen and understand what it is you are feeling. I was also wondering if you have ever tried medication? I am sure I am not the first to say but I also know what a bad illness depression can be as well as the difference the right treatment can make for some.

I am sure quitting weed will help in the long term, in the short term though it can only increase the intensity of the emotional pain depending on how much of a withdrawal you suffer which is why you may need the medication kind of extra support if it's right for you.

Hang in there and please feel free to vent when you need to.

All the best,
        Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        Working...
        X