Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Forum Overhaul

Hi Folks,

We wanted to let you know about some exciting improvements we're making to the forum, in the coming weeks.

We're going to freshen up the look of the site, whilst retaining all the features our community loves.

Apart from a long overdue tidy up, we're planning some technical upgrades which will improve the speed in general, and make things more user friendly.

You may have already noticed some improvements when posting and searching? It's always a fine balance for us in terms of measures to reduce spam and abuse from the haters, and minimising obstacles for our users, however we hope you will like what you see.

Further announcements will be posted soon.

Please feel free to contact us with questions and feature suggestions.

Registered users can also private message me directly.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 13 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

2 of 2 < >

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesnt seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I dont like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 13 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

Joint pains after quitting Marijuana

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joint pains after quitting Marijuana

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    Hello,

I stopped smoking tobacco 2 month ago. I stopped smoking weed a month ago. I had all common withdrawal effects like sweating, nightmares , lack of sleep... Everything what was expected.
    On the other hand, a week ago I started feeling pain in my elbows. Now, the pain in my knees and elbows is unbearable. Also, I have pain in the rest of the joints as well. I barely can do any physical activity, go to work. Prior to that I was very physically active person, had no joint problems.

Is there anyone who experience joint pains after giving up Marijuana ? Or is it not related to it ? Cuz there is not much info about it online.

Thank you very much.

Hi there dw,

I would really encourage you to go to your doctor. It seems like an unusual symptom and I think it would be a good idea to get to the bottom of what might be causing it.

If anyone else has experience with this, please chime in.

Cheers,
    alice

Comment

As Alice said, visit a doctor. This is unusual.

Maybe it was you limiting on physical activities since quitting, if that's what youre saying?
      I've had experience where my carpal tunnel syndrome returned heavily recently and I noticed a lot more back pain. My doctor suggested that marihuana has 'numbed' the pain before and that's why I didn't notice it as much, but it still was there before and it's relateble to my lifestyle (working at a computer).

Comment

I had very sore shoulders for the first few weeks. The pain went across the back of my neck. But it went away. I did read somewhere of at least one other person experiencing this. But geez, if it doesn't go away, by all means visit your doctor. Let us know how it is going for you.
        John

Comment

Me too!

Im having the same problem. Im afraid that it might be an underlying problem that I had been inadvertently treating with marijuana. Remember, marijuana is an anti-inflammatory drug. I quite gluten which helped A LOT, then started taking vitamins and glucosamine, but alas, I must go see a doctor and you should too.

Comment

Cannabis definitely has medicinal aspects to it. But it has other aspects as well that can be tough. My shouldner/neck pain only lasted a week or so. My physiological symptoms are gone and have been for a while now. Just the lingering psychological stuff now.

I had quit gluten for about 6 weeks. I have some gluten now but not as much as before. I also took glucosamine for about 3 months.

Good luck with your jouney!
            John

Comment

Sore joints after quiting

This happens to me every single time I quit weed. It always goes away after a while.

Comment

Dmarie

Ive had the opposite, fewer tension headaches, less neck pain. Smoked every day all day for 12 years and was afraid to quit but wish I had sooner. Feeling great aside from the creepy dreams

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
                  I’ve had the opposite, fewer tension headaches, less neck pain. Smoked every day all day for 12 years and was afraid to quit but wish I had sooner. Feeling great aside from the creepy dreams
                  Yes, I used to be sort of tension headache-y when I was smoking cannabis, especially in the later years. And felt crappy overall. All that is gone now :-)

Comment

Significant Increase of Pain

I also experienced a significant increase in pain from when I had began using CBD Oils internally, as a massage therapist I did not slowdown my activity levels, but increased them instead, but after quitting I was in so much more pain than when I began using the Texas legal CBD Oils.
                    At the time I quit, I could find several articles stating it caused Headaches and Stiffness. Which, has since been removed, from what I have found or not found, in this case. But, for me this is the case and also in the case of two clients I had who I attempted to help for close to a year. They had more scarred tissue and tightness than I had seen or felt in my practice EVER, being in Texas I do not have many clients who use dope regularly, but they were passing through at the times they came.

Comment

Hello, I am newto this forum, but what you described sounds exactly what I am going through I guilt weed and alcohol back in December. Saw my Dr in January and mentioned the situation to him, but the pain was only in knees and hip then. Now it's elbows, knuckles, ankles. Wondering if you ever found out the cause of yours.
                      Thanks!

Comment

Shoulder pain knees pain Back pain

Dear i am from pakistan i quitted marijauna since 7 days felt all symptoms along with back pain knee pain and shoulder pain

Comment

Yes. Happens to me too!

It has happened to me every time I've quit. It starts in the 4th week after quit. Mine is much more intense in the knees, so intense that one of my knees always swells up! besides the knees, I do have uneasy dry flue-like feelings in my other joints, shoulders, backbones, etc. but from my past experiences, I know that it will go away. I also found out it's an issue that seemingly doesn't happen to everyone or not many people talk about it. But I can assure you it's definitely something related to the weed.

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
                            Increased joint paid after quitting weed

Hey friends,
                            As someone who has smoked for the past 10+ years pretty much every day, and also has attempted to quit multiple times. Currently I feel pretty good after 5 days with little to no weed. Being in the military prior to this, I had injured my lower back somewhat. Now that I think about it, I had pretty severe back pains up until the day I got out. I was however 45 lbs heavier than I am now.

So there are two variables for my lower back pain, too heavy and smoking weed. Before I got out my back pain was severe. The moment I got out of the military I resumed my life as a pothead. And now that I think about it, my back pain was much less severe when I got out and started smoking.

Every single time I quit marijuana, after a couple days or a week, my back pain is unbearable and I am unable sleep without waking up like 10 times per night.

What I think is happening to you, even though this response is like 4 years late lol. I think you have some underlying issues that went unnoticed for a long while because the weed was medicating you to feel less pain. Marijuana actually activates the opioid pain receptors. So when you stop smoking or taking THC, the body is left to deal with pain by itself. Since you were used to not feeling pain since you were high, now that you dont smoke, the pain has nowhere to hide.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            x
                            Working...
                            X