Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

Alone with 2 Toddlers. Scared of withdrawals ,

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alone with 2 Toddlers. Scared of withdrawals ,

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    Hi . I'v been a heavy daily smoker for 10 years (since age 15 ) I desperately want to quit for my children, my health , finances etc. I've tried the cut down method but like many failed every time. I want to try cold turkey but I'm on my own with a 1 year old girl and 3 year old boy. I have no friends or family close by who could help take care of them if the withdrawals make me really sick ? I normally experience muscle pain, nausea, insomnia etc after only 12 hours of not smoking so how long will I be sick for if I just stop ??
    Any ideas or advice from other parents please??

Hey. Sorry that you're struggling. I too am a mother of two and I smoked for 4 years. Long story short I too thought that there weren't any consequences to putting that stuff into my body because when my husband quit the first time he was very angry irritated....hard to get along with and absolutely no patience. Especially with our son who wasn't even a year old. So I finally gave in 4 years ago due to alot that I had going on. Anyway fast forward to like a little over 3 and a half months ago I had a really bad experience n I quit cold turkey... thinking it was going to be easy....boy was I wrong. Now I'm just sharing my experience and not speaking for everyone. But yeah like maybe a week after that bad experience that made me quit on the spot. I started to experience kinda like a paranoia and then a couple days later my I took a nap in the afternoon I woke up from a nap with my chest hurting and my heart beating hard. Well later that night I woke up with the worst anxiety of my life and went to the ER. From that day on it just went down hill from there. I couldn't put 2 and 2 together and realize it was withdrawl. I seriously though that I was going crazy! Luckily for me I was able to figure it out but the anxiety got so bad that I just couldnt believe it was from me not smoking weed anymore. It wasn't until I almost hit the 90 day mark that I was thinking clearer n accepting what it was. My husband wasn't really supportive n still kinda isnt bc I guess he just doesnt want to accept that everyone is different n experiences everything different even this "precious" drug that's harmless (yeah right) well it's been hard I mean really hard. But i am getting through it. I still have symptoms but they are easier to manage. I have dealt with all this with two kids. Both under 10. N my husband is got pretty much all day at work. My advice is that even though you will feel like crap ect you need to try n stay busy. Get out of th house n tru n stay as busy as you can. If you cant drive then ride the bus. Go to the park or the mall. Make sure you go out for walks. I wish you the best of luck! Stay strong. Like they say you dont know how strong you are until being strong is the only option you have. Or when going through hell...keep going.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Hey. Sorry that you're struggling. I too am a mother of two and I smoked for 4 years. Long story short I too thought that there weren't any consequences to putting that stuff into my body because when my husband quit the first time he was very angry irritated....hard to get along with and absolutely no patience. Especially with our son who wasn't even a year old. So I finally gave in 4 years ago due to alot that I had going on. Anyway fast forward to like a little over 3 and a half months ago I had a really bad experience n I quit cold turkey... thinking it was going to be easy....boy was I wrong. Now I'm just sharing my experience and not speaking for everyone. But yeah like maybe a week after that bad experience that made me quit on the spot. I started to experience kinda like a paranoia and then a couple days later my I took a nap in the afternoon I woke up from a nap with my chest hurting and my heart beating hard. Well later that night I woke up with the worst anxiety of my life and went to the ER. From that day on it just went down hill from there. I couldn't put 2 and 2 together and realize it was withdrawl. I seriously though that I was going crazy! Luckily for me I was able to figure it out but the anxiety got so bad that I just couldnt believe it was from me not smoking weed anymore. It wasn't until I almost hit the 90 day mark that I was thinking clearer n accepting what it was. My husband wasn't really supportive n still kinda isnt bc I guess he just doesnt want to accept that everyone is different n experiences everything different even this "precious" drug that's harmless (yeah right) well it's been hard I mean really hard. But i am getting through it. I still have symptoms but they are easier to manage. I have dealt with all this with two kids. Both under 10. N my husband is got pretty much all day at work. My advice is that even though you will feel like crap ect you need to try n stay busy. Get out of th house n tru n stay as busy as you can. If you cant drive then ride the bus. Go to the park or the mall. Make sure you go out for walks. I wish you the best of luck! Stay strong. Like they say you dont know how strong you are until being strong is the only option you have. Or when going through hell...keep going.
      What a caring, honest and revealing reply. Couldn't put it any better than that. Good luck to both of you (Unregistered post #1 & Unregistered post #2)

Comment

Hey! thank you. I am really trying. its really hard still at times and I start to fall into that doubt of what I'm going through is that. I shake it off though. These past couple of days have been a little hard but thank god they are no where near as bad as the first two months. I just have to keep going...Never in a million years did I ever think this would ever happen. I just wish it was more known so that people could know the risks and not think that they are going mentally ill if they quite and everything hits them like a semi truck. Bc everyone still thinks that its "harmless". People get addicted to sex and thats as natural as it gets and people do have withdrawals from that. But not weed? Or not as bad? everyone is wired differently. Everyone goes through things differently. And we shouldn't be made to feel bad about it.

Comment

Hey! thank you. I am really trying. its really hard still at times and I start to fall into that doubt of what I'm going through is that. I shake it off though. These past couple of days have been a little hard but thank god they are no where near as bad as the first two months. I just have to keep going...Never in a million years did I ever think this would ever happen. I just wish it was more known so that people could know the risks and not think that they are going mentally ill if they quite and everything hits them like a semi truck. Bc everyone still thinks that its "harmless". People get addicted to sex and thats as natural as it gets and people do have withdrawals from that. But not weed? Or not as bad? everyone is wired differently. Everyone goes through things differently. And we shouldn't be made to feel bad about it.
          Much of what you report is EXACTLY how I felt (and many others if you read this forum). In my first few months of withdrawal I would be convinced all the mental stuff was from withdrawal but then I would waiver and become convinced it couldn't be withdrawal and I had simply become mentally ill. The good news - it IS withdrawal. You will begin having more and more hours of normalcy, then more and more days of normalcy. Those few days will become a whole week of feeling normal. However, the fall backs will occur causing all the same doubts you had about withdrawal/mental illness. Then, a good week of normalcy becomes two weeks, and so on. I felt I turned the corner at 4 months and around 5 months even more so (July 10 will be 6 months). I am at the point now where thoughts of "Why do I feel like this?" and "What's wrong with me?" are no longer a daily thing because I feel good (still get some sleep issues or depressed hours but nothing like it was). You sound a lot stronger and perceptive than me so it's just a matter of time for you and it sounds like you are starting to get those increasing open windows of feeling good. Build on those and full speed ahead.

Comment

Thank you. I needed to wake up to this. I had a terrible night....its been a while honestly sense but I guess bc I woke up at 2 in the morning feeling really depressed and couldnt control my crying. Even that hasn't happened in a bit. But I couldnt see the positive bc of how crappy i felt. My head felt like it was on fire and my body was cold but hot. My husband vaught me this ice pack mat that i put on my pillow and it helps. I finally fell asleep at like 4am and woke up at 7 n fell back to sleep till 9:30. I dont feel strong today. Again thank you for replying. hard.....very hard. I have read many stories on here. Some worry me. Bc people write that even at 7 or 8 months are still bad. This one story I read was this guy still feeling bad at 8 months and being put on meds bc he developed GAD. I just thought to myself maybe he needed to wait a bit longer? Bc he said like 2 days he didnt take meds and he felt weird. What if he replaced one thing with another? And then I start the cycle of what if? I over think alot! Ugh. I didnt smoke exclusively but it was 4 years. I legitimately did it to self medicate and it went from 1 time to 2 or 3 times a day. Like medical MJ. I guess I'm worried bc I feel like I have bad luck. N having a back ground like mine I guess I always expect the worse....

Comment

Thank you. I needed to wake up to this. I had a terrible night....its been a while honestly sense but I guess bc I woke up at 2 in the morning feeling really depressed and couldnt control my crying. Even that hasn't happened in a bit. But I couldnt see the positive bc of how crappy i felt. My head felt like it was on fire and my body was cold but hot. My husband vaught me this ice pack mat that i put on my pillow and it helps. I finally fell asleep at like 4am and woke up at 7 n fell back to sleep till 9:30. I dont feel strong today. Again thank you for replying. hard.....very hard. I have read many stories on here. Some worry me. Bc people write that even at 7 or 8 months are still bad. This one story I read was this guy still feeling bad at 8 months and being put on meds bc he developed GAD. I just thought to myself maybe he needed to wait a bit longer? Bc he said like 2 days he didnt take meds and he felt weird. What if he replaced one thing with another? And then I start the cycle of what if? I over think alot! Ugh. I didnt smoke exclusively but it was 4 years. I legitimately did it to self medicate and it went from 1 time to 2 or 3 times a day. Like medical MJ. I guess I'm worried bc I feel like I have bad luck. N having a back ground like mine I guess I always expect the worse....
              Your "what ifs" and overthinking are to be expected. Withdrawal is sort of like a crisis. Whose mind wouldn't be on high alert!? My mind was and still goes on high alert when a withdrawal symptom hits. Thank God it happens very infrequently now.

A lot of the posts on this forum can be therapeutic but some can be disturbing. Just know that no withdrawal is identical to another's. I remember early in my withdrawal reading about someone 6, 7 or 8 months into their withdrawal and still having issues and that freaked me out. That's normal. What helped me most was knowing bad hours and days seemed to come out of nowhere, but then so did the good hours and days. When I felt bad it sucked but I knew it was a cycle so I'd wait for good feelings to arrive and they always did! I think I am reading of such cycles in your posts so, even though it's not easy, try to remember those good moments when you're in a bad time.

Comment

I ment to say excessively.I came across that post again and I reread it and saw that he said at 8 months he woke up and felt worse. I noticed that he also said he would drink half a bottle of vodka to kill the anxiety I'm not sure if it was after the anxiety got worse and he also mention taking benzos. So I don't know? That's the only story I have ready that doesn't end with them making it without something or that its something else. I know GAD is one of the symptoms I read about it. And yeah it makes sense because people get on high alert bc of the anxiety. I get it everything freaks us out! lol. But yeah people at like 8 months that are still having a hard time at a year are doing way better. Them having a happy ending even if it's a year I guess puts my mind at ease? Bc that still means this will end and we aren't stuck this way. You said your symptoms are infrequent. Are they still intense? Its funny bc today I kinda started thinking that way too. About the bad hours and moments coming but the good ones come too. Yesterday evening I started to think that the better moments getting better will the bad moments get worse? You know like an eye for an eye type thing? I don't know my mind starts to wonder and I have to put it back on check lol. I'm an artist so I have a very big imagination. I'm very happy for you and a little jelly too lol. I'm still rooting for you!

Comment

I ment to say excessively.I came across that post again and I reread it and saw that he said at 8 months he woke up and felt worse. I noticed that he also said he would drink half a bottle of vodka to kill the anxiety I'm not sure if it was after the anxiety got worse and he also mention taking benzos. So I don't know? That's the only story I have ready that doesn't end with them making it without something or that its something else. I know GAD is one of the symptoms I read about it. And yeah it makes sense because people get on high alert bc of the anxiety. I get it everything freaks us out! lol. But yeah people at like 8 months that are still having a hard time at a year are doing way better. Them having a happy ending even if it's a year I guess puts my mind at ease? Bc that still means this will end and we aren't stuck this way. You said your symptoms are infrequent. Are they still intense? Its funny bc today I kinda started thinking that way too. About the bad hours and moments coming but the good ones come too. Yesterday evening I started to think that the better moments getting better will the bad moments get worse? You know like an eye for an eye type thing? I don't know my mind starts to wonder and I have to put it back on check lol. I'm an artist so I have a very big imagination. I'm very happy for you and a little jelly too lol. I'm still rooting for you!
                  Sorry for the delayed response, had some busy days. Hopefully that person was not mixing alcohol and benzos with withdrawal. It's certainly not a healthy treatment option but I am not going to harshly criticize how anyone tries to handle the turmoil of withdrawal. I think such actions show how difficult withdrawal can be. Prescription benzos alone (no alcohol) and used as needed could be useful in withdrawal. Some have reported that. I hope the person drinking 1/2 bottle of vodka and trying benzos is dong better now.

You asked, "You said your symptoms are infrequent. Are they still intense?" My withdrawal symptoms are quite infrequent now but can be very intense when they pop up. My sleep is good, it's the mood shifts (irritability & depression) that hit with occasional intensity but they happen much less seldom (once a week or less and not always intense) than when withdrawal symptoms were peaking (daily or several times in one day) and they do not hang on long (part of a day). Thank goodness!

Finally, I appreciate you being happy for me and go ahead and be jealous that I seem to have gotten through the worst! Jealousy is wanting what someone else has and in your case you are not coveting my money, my home, my car, etc. You're wanting normalcy and well-being. That's not even jealousy. That's logic and common sense! I hope that someday soon those in withdrawal are jealous of you! Rooting for you, too!
                  Last edited by Hyzer29; 07-01-2018, 06:00 PM.

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
                    No worries. I understand. I just appreciate that I could speak with someone (even though I would never wish this on anyone) that is going through this hell on earth. I don't think he mixed them or better yet I don't know? I hope not either. Yeah I don't like to judge people or make them feel bad. You never know what they are going through. He was doing better on antidepressants and hopefully hes off of them without any issues. I'm happy you're progressing in your recovery! Yes lol jelly in a good way! I wish I was even more advanced in this. I'm just very impatient. Thank you. I'm going to keep coming back even after I'm way better. I want to give hope to other.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                    Auto-Saved
                    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                    x
                    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                    x
                    Working...
                    X