Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Forum Overhaul

Hi Folks,

We wanted to let you know about some exciting improvements we're making to the forum, in the coming weeks.

We're going to freshen up the look of the site, whilst retaining all the features our community loves.

Apart from a long overdue tidy up, we're planning some technical upgrades which will improve the speed in general, and make things more user friendly.

You may have already noticed some improvements when posting and searching? It's always a fine balance for us in terms of measures to reduce spam and abuse from the haters, and minimising obstacles for our users, however we hope you will like what you see.

Further announcements will be posted soon.

Please feel free to contact us with questions and feature suggestions.

Registered users can also private message me directly.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 13 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

2 of 2 < >

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 13 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

Is this normal? Has anyone else gone through this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this normal? Has anyone else gone through this?

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    I have been dealing with pretty bad P.A.W.S. and it has been a little over 5 months. I have seen improvements even though due to me being impatient I sometimes forget to look at my progress. Anyway last month I didnt have a bad wave like the month prior (june 4days)but I would have rough moments through out my days. Then I hit 5 months on the 4th of this month (August) so I though because I was getting closer to 6 months that it would be easier.....but for the past 4 days (today being the 5th) it's been a bit harder like kind of how i felt at like almost 3 months which was still pretty bad but i started to feel a bit better n think a bit clearer. Today i woke up ok thinking that the 4 hard days were over like in the month of June. And up until like i would say a bit over an hour ago everything got bad again...it again reminds me of kinda how i was before 3 months just not as intense except for a few moments here n there.... has anyone gone through something similar to this? Does it get worse again at 6 months? I just....its just really hard to think about having to go through something so terrible again when I have been making n have made so much progress....I hope not....

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I have been dealing with pretty bad P.A.W.S. and it has been a little over 5 months. I have seen improvements even though due to me being impatient I sometimes forget to look at my progress. Anyway last month I didnt have a bad wave like the month prior (june 4days)but I would have rough moments through out my days. Then I hit 5 months on the 4th of this month (August) so I though because I was getting closer to 6 months that it would be easier.....but for the past 4 days (today being the 5th) it's been a bit harder like kind of how i felt at like almost 3 months which was still pretty bad but i started to feel a bit better n think a bit clearer. Today i woke up ok thinking that the 4 hard days were over like in the month of June. And up until like i would say a bit over an hour ago everything got bad again...it again reminds me of kinda how i was before 3 months just not as intense except for a few moments here n there.... has anyone gone through something similar to this? Does it get worse again at 6 months? I just....its just really hard to think about having to go through something so terrible again when I have been making n have made so much progress....I hope not....
    Hey there
    This sounds A LOT like my experience. I'm at 7 and a half months. It's been a roller coaster, with the ups and downs getting less extreme. I had sort of set my eye on the 6 month point as being some sort of miracle point, but it wasn't. I, in fact, had a bit of a dip around 6 months. But it passed.

I've learned not to have too many expectations--I look forward to having more and more time cannabis-free under my belt--but try not to put too much energy into specific time benchmarks. I am, however, looking forward to seeing what the 1 year mark holds. It's only natural to think like this, but again, I try to keep the expectation low-key.

Like you, I too have to stop and think back to how awful I felt earlier this year. I feel much better now, thankfully!

Hope this helps! Kudos to you for a good long chunk of time cannabis-free!
    Hang in there and let us know how you are doing.
    John

Comment

What were the symptoms you experienced? If you dont mind me asking? Also when you hit 6 months how long was your set back and was it intense? I guess I was more excited about hitting another milestone. I just want this to be over....I have my family and its hard.....I feel weak....I legitimately thought of it as "medicine" n this shit happens to me...never did I even think something like this could happen.....ugh....sorry I'm just trying to keep it together. I havent hit my 6 months I have another 2 and a half weeks to go....I hope it isnt like this the whole month...I feel like I have a better handle on it today even with the bad head pressure n headache and all the other crap. Just still the thought of will that change by the end of the day? Thank you for replying to me. You have no idea how this makes me feel like I'm not the only one. I had a moment like how I use to have in the beginning "am I going crazy instead? Is something else wrong?"I just have to keep going...

Comment

What were the symptoms you experienced? If you dont mind me asking? Also when you hit 6 months how long was your set back and was it intense? I guess I was more excited about hitting another milestone. I just want this to be over....I have my family and its hard.....I feel weak....I legitimately thought of it as "medicine" n this shit happens to me...never did I even think something like this could happen.....ugh....sorry I'm just trying to keep it together. I havent hit my 6 months I have another 2 and a half weeks to go....I hope it isnt like this the whole month...I feel like I have a better handle on it today even with the bad head pressure n headache and all the other crap. Just still the thought of will that change by the end of the day? Thank you for replying to me. You have no idea how this makes me feel like I'm not the only one. I had a moment like how I use to have in the beginning "am I going crazy instead? Is something else wrong?"I just have to keep going...
        Hang in there. And, you are keeping it together so no need to apologize. It's good to rant/vent and get it out. Also, a moment of weakness doesn't mean you're weak. You've made it almost 6 months, that shows strength!

Like you, I never thought marijuana withdrawal could happen, much less a protracted half year+ period. At a bit over 6 months my roller coaster ride smoothed out and I thought I was free and clear of everything (panic, anxiety, depression, sleep disruptions, irritability) but then I had a return of some withdrawal symptoms (PAWS). Thankfully it was not the full-blown BS with horrible nighttime/sleep disruptions but it was a nearly 2-week depression that hit hard, coming from nowhere and dissolving in the same fashion. Like you, I asked myself, "am I going crazy instead? Is something else wrong?" but I reminded myself that I only smoked pot for 7 months and I clearly recall how I felt before that 7 months and I never had bouts of anxiety/depression or sleep disturbances of any kind. Sure, before my 7 months of pot smoking I guess I had a bad night's sleep every few months or had normal moments of feeling blue or anxious about the regular things in life but nothing I can actually recall and certainly nothing as clinical as what I began to experience during withdrawal and then into PAWS. That's why I am sure my past 7+ months of symptoms are all from cannabis withdrawal and my physiology trying to right itself.

You are going through the same thing so ride this current negative period out until the pendulum swings back to normalcy for you, and it will. The swings will become less frequent and you'll be fine. Right now (7+ months) I am fine but I am not going to be surprised if PAWS comes again but I confident that at some point it will be gone for good.

Great article here about PAWS, especially paragraph #3 (for what you're going through) but the whole thing is informative. https://www.pbinstitute.com/blog/pos...wal-syndrome/#
        Last edited by Hyzer29; 08-21-2018, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Thank you for replying...I felt like if things were going to go back to how bad they were but they never did. just quick moments where I guess they would peak and I would freak out for a bit but I could (unlike before) kinda calm myself down a bit better. Its crazy bc I also feel at the same time like my vision has gotten better and feeling more like myself. I'm wondering if the lows have to be more on the intense side so that I could see more improvements? I don't know I am constantly trying to figure out how this works and when I think that I ave an idea its like syke! Thank you for posting that article. I read it and have it open on my phone. I also have read many other articles and done plenty of research. A lot of them say that paws is us healing and its helping us heal. that as crappy as they are they are helping us out and to be patient. I never in my life have felt like this before and when I started to smoke (even with all my trauma). Just after I stopped and didn't want to do it anymore. I hope things start going smoother for me too. I kinda feel it but I guess bc I'm impatient with myself I just can't be happy about it and feel like its still not enough.....=/

Comment

Hi again,

No, I don't mind you asking at all. Nothing super specific, really. It was a return of some depression and trouble falling asleep. (Which I suspect was caused by some anxiety.) It wasn't nearly as acute as before. It lasted a week or so, but wasn't terrible, just not as good as I had been before that.

I am sorry you are going through such a hard time. I can't remember earlier posts...have you told your doctor? I think the more support you can get the better. And anything to ease the symptoms.

Go easy on yourself. Don't blame yourself. I think there are some good medicinal qualities from cannabis, but there can be negative side effects as well. For me, I think I just smoked for too long.

Hang in there! And listen to Hyzer :-) I'm going to check out the link he posted now.
            John

Comment

Originally posted by JWC View Post
              Hi again,

No, I don't mind you asking at all. Nothing super specific, really. It was a return of some depression and trouble falling asleep. (Which I suspect was caused by some anxiety.) It wasn't nearly as acute as before. It lasted a week or so, but wasn't terrible, just not as good as I had been before that.

I am sorry you are going through such a hard time. I can't remember earlier posts...have you told your doctor? I think the more support you can get the better. And anything to ease the symptoms.

Go easy on yourself. Don't blame yourself. I think there are some good medicinal qualities from cannabis, but there can be negative side effects as well. For me, I think I just smoked for too long.

Hang in there! And listen to Hyzer :-) I'm going to check out the link he posted now.
              John
              I went to my doctor as soon as all this started and I told her what was going on. She believed me right away and told me that she has seen it happen many times before. She doesn't like or understand why a lot of people think that its such an innocent thing or that things like this can't happen or that everyone thinks its non addictive/ habit forming. I have to see her once a month which I have been doing. She has told me natural ways to deal with my head aches like to use ice packs ect. She said that the more naturally I get through this the better. She said that meds will only make things worse ( which I did try and yes they did make me feel sooo much worse than I already did). She is very supportive and is learning more on how weed can affect people. Which I think is great! I also seen my therapist every week. They have both helped me out and supported me a lot! My therapist is also informing and learning more about the effects people can have ect. I too thought it was "medicine" w/e and stupidly did it for 4 years thinking yeah when I stop everything is going to be ok.......I was dead wrong.......I honestly think that in a lot of cases it doesn't help but its more like a blanket that can actually be very bad bc things could be going on with your health and you wont even know bc of it. At the beginning of this I read somewhere I don't remember where but this guy made a post about how he had lyme disease and didn't even know until after he quit so it was progressing without him knowing...sorry for the rant again..I just feel mentally exhausted. I'm just really grateful that I found these forums. They give me hope and I don't feel like such a weirdo for not being like many people that quit and can go about their lives like if nothing ever happened.

Comment

I went to my doctor as soon as all this started and I told her what was going on. She believed me right away and told me that she has seen it happen many times before. She doesn't like or understand why a lot of people think that its such an innocent thing or that things like this can't happen or that everyone thinks its non addictive/ habit forming. I have to see her once a month which I have been doing. She has told me natural ways to deal with my head aches like to use ice packs ect. She said that the more naturally I get through this the better. She said that meds will only make things worse ( which I did try and yes they did make me feel sooo much worse than I already did). She is very supportive and is learning more on how weed can affect people. Which I think is great! I also seen my therapist every week. They have both helped me out and supported me a lot! My therapist is also informing and learning more about the effects people can have ect. I too thought it was "medicine" w/e and stupidly did it for 4 years thinking yeah when I stop everything is going to be ok.......I was dead wrong.......I honestly think that in a lot of cases it doesn't help but its more like a blanket that can actually be very bad bc things could be going on with your health and you wont even know bc of it. At the beginning of this I read somewhere I don't remember where but this guy made a post about how he had lyme disease and didn't even know until after he quit so it was progressing without him knowing...sorry for the rant again..I just feel mentally exhausted. I'm just really grateful that I found these forums. They give me hope and I don't feel like such a weirdo for not being like many people that quit and can go about their lives like if nothing ever happened.
                Very glad to hear all that about your doctor and therapist. I have Ibuprofen 800 mg from my doctor for headaches and various body aches. I take them as needed. Maybe this would help your headaches and your doctor would be ok with it?

Ya, I have a few friends who were like, "Is there such a thing as pot withdrawal?" and "Well, you're going to quit for a while, but not forever, right?"

WRONG! I have no interest in going trough this crap again! As you say, there are some people who can quit and have very few or no symptoms. Others are not so lucky.

Just curious, what were the meds you tried? I have recently started taking a tiny bit of Trazodone mainly to help with sleep. It's an anti depressant as well. I'm only taking 25 mg, which is really a small amount for that med. I don't envision myself on it for too long a time though.

No need to apologize for your "rant". This forum is useful for such things. And as you say, people here can relate!

John
                Last edited by JWC; 08-24-2018, 12:15 PM.

Comment

Very glad to hear all that about your doctor and therapist. I have Ibuprofen 800 mg from my doctor for headaches and various body aches. I take them as needed. Maybe this would help your headaches and your doctor would be ok with it?

Ya, I have a few friends who were like, "Is there such a thing as pot withdrawal?" and "Well, you're going to quit for a while, but not forever, right?"

WRONG! I have no interest in going trough this crap again! As you say, there are some people who can quit and have very few or no symptoms. Others are not so lucky.

Just curious, what were the meds you tried? I have recently started taking a tiny bit of Trazodone mainly to help with sleep. It's an anti depressant as well. I'm only taking 25 mg, which is really a small amount for that med. I don't envision myself on it for too long a time though.

No need to apologize for your "rant". This forum is useful for such things. And as you say, people here can relate!

John
                  Like the first week that all of this started I scheduled an appointment with my doctor and I guess a psychiatrists and psychologist. Bc I didn't know what was going on with me and I was desperate to find out I went with the psychiatrists first. Sense I didn't even think that quitting was the reason why I felt that way and even though I have never in my life felt that way before. I thought there was something terribly wrong with me. I guess though in the back of my mind I knew it had something to do with me not smoking anymore... anyway she gave me prozac and I got it and got home then I took one pill and I knocked out when I woke up however......I felt even worse which I didn't think was possible! Well my anxiety was already through the roof n after I took that pill and woke up it was beyond the roof! I kidd you not I literally felt like my brain was going to explode. It was a horrifying feeling and that word doesn't even begin to describe it honestly. Well I didn't take anymore and I never went back. I finally saw my doctor and let her know what happened and she told me not to take those pills that I didn't need them n the less things I put in my body the better to just let things happen naturally and to go to therapy . I do take aleve to take the edge off the headaches but they were pretty bad. I also got and still kinda get these weird like I'm guessing neurological sharp pains in random spots of my head. She said aleve is ok (its the same as ibprofin). You see with me my husband helped me realize that it was withdrawal. But for some reason even though when he went through it it took him 3 months to be ok ( he was mainly like really and I mean really hard to get along with very short tempered it was terrible also I thought that what I was going to go through) when a month past by he started saying that no it wasn't withdrawal. Even though he was there when I would go see my dr. He was like no it doesn't do that to you blah blah blah and he rather believed that there was something wrong with me mentally than the fact that it was bc I wasn't smoking anymore ( he still smokes). I had no support......so finally a really bad fight happened between us where I told him I know my body and myself and thats what it is! I didn't get why he wouldn't believe me when countless times I have diagnosed myself and I was right! So finally thanks to that really bad fight he finally wasn't so narrow minded. I showed him my research and he did research of his own and also my therapist gave us some pages with info on paws and he finally accepted it. But you know people that depend/ are addicted to something don't like to hear the negative side of whatever they are addicted to. During my research I found this forum and this other one uncommon forum and I felt relieved that I wasn't alone. Of course I don't wish this upon anyone! Everyone around me smokes starting with my husband and it makes things more stressful....but I have to keep pulling through it bc he isn't just a friend that I could just walk away from. Regardless though I am NEVER in my life going to smoke or put any bs " harmless medicine" in my body and brain ever again! I'm looking forward to making more progress and I hope your doing even better.

Comment

Like the first week that all of this started I scheduled an appointment with my doctor and I guess a psychiatrists and psychologist. Bc I didn't know what was going on with me and I was desperate to find out I went with the psychiatrists first. Sense I didn't even think that quitting was the reason why I felt that way and even though I have never in my life felt that way before. I thought there was something terribly wrong with me. I guess though in the back of my mind I knew it had something to do with me not smoking anymore... anyway she gave me prozac and I got it and got home then I took one pill and I knocked out when I woke up however......I felt even worse which I didn't think was possible! Well my anxiety was already through the roof n after I took that pill and woke up it was beyond the roof! I kidd you not I literally felt like my brain was going to explode. It was a horrifying feeling and that word doesn't even begin to describe it honestly. Well I didn't take anymore and I never went back. I finally saw my doctor and let her know what happened and she told me not to take those pills that I didn't need them n the less things I put in my body the better to just let things happen naturally and to go to therapy . I do take aleve to take the edge off the headaches but they were pretty bad. I also got and still kinda get these weird like I'm guessing neurological sharp pains in random spots of my head. She said aleve is ok (its the same as ibprofin). You see with me my husband helped me realize that it was withdrawal. But for some reason even though when he went through it it took him 3 months to be ok ( he was mainly like really and I mean really hard to get along with very short tempered it was terrible also I thought that what I was going to go through) when a month past by he started saying that no it wasn't withdrawal. Even though he was there when I would go see my dr. He was like no it doesn't do that to you blah blah blah and he rather believed that there was something wrong with me mentally than the fact that it was bc I wasn't smoking anymore ( he still smokes). I had no support......so finally a really bad fight happened between us where I told him I know my body and myself and thats what it is! I didn't get why he wouldn't believe me when countless times I have diagnosed myself and I was right! So finally thanks to that really bad fight he finally wasn't so narrow minded. I showed him my research and he did research of his own and also my therapist gave us some pages with info on paws and he finally accepted it. But you know people that depend/ are addicted to something don't like to hear the negative side of whatever they are addicted to. During my research I found this forum and this other one uncommon forum and I felt relieved that I wasn't alone. Of course I don't wish this upon anyone! Everyone around me smokes starting with my husband and it makes things more stressful....but I have to keep pulling through it bc he isn't just a friend that I could just walk away from. Regardless though I am NEVER in my life going to smoke or put any bs " harmless medicine" in my body and brain ever again! I'm looking forward to making more progress and I hope your doing even better.
                    Great read! I love learning about peoples' journeys. True about people who use/are addicted to substances not wanting to hear the negatives. Sorry your hubby isn't more supportive and you are surrounded by smokers. Must be difficult.

Next time you see your doc ask her about prescription aleve or ibup. I sweat the rx stuff is better than the over the counter stuff.

I hear you about the pill thing. I actually stopped the Trazodone 2 days ago after two weeks of use. Having a little withdrawal from that after just two weeks at a low dose. Yuk!

Gotta run but wanted to reply.
                    John

Comment

Great read! I love learning about peoples' journeys. True about people who use/are addicted to substances not wanting to hear the negatives. Sorry your hubby isn't more supportive and you are surrounded by smokers. Must be difficult.

Next time you see your doc ask her about prescription aleve or ibup. I sweat the rx stuff is better than the over the counter stuff.

I hear you about the pill thing. I actually stopped the Trazodone 2 days ago after two weeks of use. Having a little withdrawal from that after just two weeks at a low dose. Yuk!

Gotta run but wanted to reply.
                      John
                      Hes in a way supportive like helps talk to me about my symptoms. It was rough getting him to understand and finally accept what was really going on with me. But when I vent at times it turns into a fight. But I get it he doesnt like to hear the negative side. What addict/person with a bad habit does? I'm sorry to hear about ur withdrawal from the anti depressant. That sucks! I guess it happened even though it was slow dose for two weeks because your brain is vulnerable? Due to PAWS. I hope you feel better soon. Thank you for replying!

Comment

Yes, I am thinking the same thing about the PAWS. I think my system, although much better, was vulnerable and it didn't take much to set me back. Sigh. Oh well. Hopefully it won't last long.
                        Thanks!

Comment

Yes, I am thinking the same thing about the PAWS. I think my system, although much better, was vulnerable and it didn't take much to set me back. Sigh. Oh well. Hopefully it won't last long.
                          Thanks!
                          Yeah I remember reading on the uncommon forum this guy that was feeling way better at 8 months so he decided to go out drinking with his friends and the next morning he felt like shit again. He felt like it set him back too. My doctor told me to get through this naturally without putting any chemicals or anything in my body. That's why she didnt prescribe any stronger pain killers and told me to take my regular aleve which is still strong (take every 12 hours stronger form of ibuprofen, I've always taken it sense I was a teen for cramps it's the only thing that would help me) but it's over the counter so it's not like oxy ect. N also recommended the ice packs. Also told me not to take any psyc meds. I'm sure you're going to be fine. You're a strong person and as well as myself the ppl that support you believe in you! Stay strong!

Comment

I am at 5 months and I am finally starting to see real improvement. I smoked weed on and off for 25 years. I started to notice anxiety and shortness of breath when I cut right down to just a few puffs at weekends. It took me a while to realise it must be withdrawl. I have had sleep problems, headaches, anxiety and nervousness, loose stools, fear of serious illness to name a few symptoms. The anxiety is much better now it really is. Everything is improving but there is no room for complacency. Its a slow process and some symptoms still rear their head from time to time. I swim almost everyday and drink lots of water. I also do breathing excercise and find this really helps.

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
                              Yeah I remember reading on the uncommon forum this guy that was feeling way better at 8 months so he decided to go out drinking with his friends and the next morning he felt like shit again. He felt like it set him back too. My doctor told me to get through this naturally without putting any chemicals or anything in my body. That's why she didnt prescribe any stronger pain killers and told me to take my regular aleve which is still strong (take every 12 hours stronger form of ibuprofen, I've always taken it sense I was a teen for cramps it's the only thing that would help me) but it's over the counter so it's not like oxy ect. N also recommended the ice packs. Also told me not to take any psyc meds. I'm sure you're going to be fine. You're a strong person and as well as myself the ppl that support you believe in you! Stay strong!
                              What is your take on wine? It has been 60 days for me but still feel like... I drunk Offer and sometimes wine not sure what is causing this.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Confused :confused: Smile :) Frown :( Embarrassment :o Big Grin :D Mad :mad: Wink ;) Stick Out Tongue :p Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              x
                              Working...
                              X