Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

Caffeine & Pot Withdrawals

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caffeine & Pot Withdrawals

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    Hi,
    I'm on day 2 of COLD TURKEY, tapered down on the 2 preceding days.
    Wake & Bake f/19 years, the stronger the better.
    puff every hour or less, BONG DADDY with great big giant sucking hits...24% THC or as much as I could find.
    when i ran out, i'd scrape the bong for all the accumulated resonated 2nd's.
    oh wow, they hit hard! I was only scrapping my bong a month ago before someone sold me some good bud.

and going from 5-6 really strong cups of coffee down to just one.

Stomach Achy - Check
    Loss of Appetite - Check
    High Anxiety - Check
    Hot Flashes randomly and often - Check
    emotional wreck - check (ever see a 53 year old cry)?

I started at age 14, quit age 17 for 12 years not a single hit.
    went to college graduated and had a great career,
    traveling around the world working, 34 countries between 1988 & 2000

At age 29 i started getting my work visa's in Amsterdam to go work in Russia.......
    it always took a couple of days to get work visa sorted...so...had to go to a coffee shop!
    just an occasional puff, or a night cap.
    i'd bring my weed into Moscow, Azerbaijan, you name it...i was "management" and my little night cap was not an issue.
    although smuggling weed into Singapore to smoke on the tram as it passed through the world trade centre a little risky...

Then at Age 34, i returned to the USA semi-retired....
    Pot Smoking/Growing became full time recreation, now i'm 53
    Finding spots to go and get high, hiking mountains and smoking pot on the summit!
    Smoke Pot to go do anything really as an added benefit/enhancement right?
    gotta go shopping for groceries...bong hit
    celebrate the last 1-2 hours of good work......bong hit...then go back to work
    there were simply NO un-valid excuses to puff!

Wake & Bake & Drink Coffee, one got me tired and the other woke me up......till the next bong rips wear off.
    a vicious cycle.......

I feel much better aside from the withdrawal...combined caffeine and weed withdrawals.
    nice to wake up and take a fresh breath of air and not have the nights pot stink linger
    free of the cobwebs in my brain.
    i took a night cap 3 days ago and it blew my mind....like wow, brought me back to age 14 for 10 minutes and my first high....actually was frightening!
    if I could have only managed stopping for 2-3 days in the past or longer....
    i'd not need such strong pot!

Now it's legal here and i'm over it again!
    I hope i can go another 12 years or more!

My brother has quit and that's excellent as we were co-dependant,
    giving each other the pot we grew and going snowboarding, surfing together.
    pot was part of the brotherly ritual!

Now we get together and pray instead of smoking.
    oh we always prayed but not so much, there was more smoking......

Thanks for reading this,
    it takes my mind off of things to be able to share my story!
    any feedback, comments, criticism is more than welcome!

I've been thinking I should go to a NA to share and maybe I can be helpful and in service to others?
    where can I find a NA meeting in Yucca Valley California?

Ok, day 4 today...

Hi again,
    nice to see and re read my post.......sorry for the errors in spelling or grammar for those of you who are into that.

Day 4:

I slept better than i have in ages.....
    Hot Flashes decreasing, we'll see around sunset that's when things get a little hairy.

No desire to puff, throwing away copious paraphernalia and cleaning up the pot residue from the kitchen cabinets.

i going down to smash another bong i have soon!
    what fun purging!!!!!

My prostate is shrinking, not sure maybe that's just cutting back on the coffeee 10 cups down to one!

other good things to follow!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      Hi again,
      nice to see and re read my post.......sorry for the errors in spelling or grammar for those of you who are into that.

Day 4:

I slept better than i have in ages.....
      Hot Flashes decreasing, we'll see around sunset that's when things get a little hairy.

No desire to puff, throwing away copious paraphernalia and cleaning up the pot residue from the kitchen cabinets.

i going down to smash another bong i have soon!
      what fun purging!!!!!

My prostate is shrinking, not sure maybe that's just cutting back on the coffeee 10 cups down to one!

other good things to follow!
      Your initial post was very informative and well-written. Interesting reading. Good luck in the coming days and weeks. It's astounding you have no desire to puff! Your will to quit must be canceling out any desire. Many people do not have extremely disturbing and long lasting withdrawal struggles/symptoms and I hope you are one of them. Your good attitude and sense of humor are refreshing. Keep us updated.

Comment

Day 5

Hey,
        Thanks for the encouragement.

Day 5:
        Sleeping longer and better, less waking up to pee (maybe that’s the caffeine cut back)!
        Exercise and physical activity are tremendously helpful. If yer gonna sweat make it count!
        If just laying around under high anxiety the hot flashes are more unwelcome.
        Watching TV not enough distraction, it’s more uncomfortable for me that’s fer sure.

I was reading on one of the posts about somebody who went on a cruise and quit on the cruise.
        I’d like to add, I smoked cigarette for 2-3 years back when I was traveling world-wide……but I’d go on a trip to some place and quit.
        Always was able to quit smoking cigarette by going away on vacation or some job somewhere, so if someone is planning a trip..always a good time to quit!
        The new scenes and sights and stimulation will really help take your mind off the suffering.

If working and already sweating a little (I’ve been sanding wood for a porch restoration) the hot flashes are more tolerable.
        Yesterday around 6pm, The time when normally I’d be drinking a 250mg cup of coffee and big bong hits, I went out and worked for a couple of hours till sunset.
        Sunset has been the worse of the Hot Flashes as far as timing…..just before/after sunset when normally I’d be ingesting caffeine/weed.
        Then came in showered and chilled on the couch with my 18 year old kitty cat.
        I’m staying up later…used to just pass out 8-9pm exhausted after a day of smoking and drinking coffee!
        Less snoring, not waking up with mouth all dried out!

Less coffee (only one morning cup), only getting up to pee once in the night got back to bed and suddenly it’s already it’s 4-5am…my normal rising time!
        I had gotta to the point where I was up every hour to pee with all that coffee and passing out too early because of too much pot!

It just feels so good to breath, like oxygen is getting into the alveoli where it hasn’t been in years.
        My coughing is completely gone…only a week ago, it was rise and cough…
        you know the ones…cough cough cough flem…..drink coffee, puff, and cough cough cough again!

The little Angel on my right shoulder kicked the demon off my left shoulder (the angel was getting a contact high all the time seems and didn’t give a shit)
        So, I’m hearing God’s voice more clearly tell me DUDE You gotta stop that puffing in order to receive the next awesome things in life I have in store for you!
        I’ve been hearing that little voice for years……but getting stoned shut it up!
        I have some faith and that’s really helping me!

I’ve always felt close to God and pushing him away with weed just NOT COOL!
        Pot smoking never got me closer to God despite what rasta’s believe…it never worked for me!
        If anything Weed let deception/confusion/fantasy into my logic and flawed my conclusions.

Weed results in impulsive decisions..
        You want to know the worse thing ever….
        DON’T CLICK TO BUY WHEN YOUR HIGH….
        RIGHT? I mean I’d get on the internet and buy shit when I was high!
        so i have this little song i made up some years ago.....
        DON’T CLICK TO BUY WHEN YOUR HIGH BOY
        DON’T CLICK TO BUY WHEN YOUR HIGH
        JUST CHILL ON OUT
        GET OFF THE WEB
        AND LET THAT FEELING PASS ON BY!

Heck imagine 20kUSD or more spent on weed over 19 years?
        I KNOW there is an app for that, but my calculation is
        1000-4000 per year on weed for 19 years….BIG MONEY!!!

In recent months, I even began to experience difficulty in math.
        Math always my strong-point, adding numbers in my head quickly!
        For the first time in my life, suddenly I was drawing blanks on adding numbers together.
        Mind you still getting it done; embarrassed that I could NOT add as quick as before…….
        Aging doesn’t help and weed aint’ gonna make memory loss better!
        HECK I’d suck a bong rip down, go down to the garage, and forget what the hell I went down there for…
        5 days ago when i took my last puff, this happened to me, mind you i was so stoned after cutting back over 2 days before cold turkey.
        i went down and had no idea why i went down there, my mind was racing, and i though to myself shit dude this stuff/getting high just ain't the bomb anymore!

So, yes I’m motivated.
        When I quit at age 17, I’d then come back to California and get around all my brothers and friends and see them smoke pot.
        I had no desire to join then; the countenance on their face would change and their brains would suddenly drop 20 IQ POINTS and even talking to them was more of an effort.
        That was always motivation for me to keep quit before when in my 20’s!

Now, I think how dumb I must seem walking around in Public each and every day stoned off my mind engaging people in funny conversations.
        Did they know I was stoned? Did I look like a dummy?
        At Home Depot or Walmart engaging people with that stoned happy look on my face?
        Or am I a master of delusion……seemingly intelligent and functional..with glazed eyes......

I have some friends who are still so hooked on weed they puff every 15 minutes sometimes.
        Then I look at their lives and how it effects them, seems every time,
        they lack ultimate success SIMPLY DUE to their habit and the sacrifices made to get high all day long.

It’s dedicated work to always have pot and be ready to smoke, finding a place to smoke, worried about running out, not to mention finding the money in your budget!

I’m enjoying retirement from that job!!!!

I have not been around anyone stoned yet since quitting, that will be interesting.
        I’ve already called a few friends to tell them how darn good it feels and will be encouraging them and maybe going to meetings with them.
        Who knows what the COSMIC PLOT has in store for me now but rest assured, it’s gonna be awesome!

My older brother is coming for a motorcycle ride today.
        It will be the first ride we have done together in 20 years SOBER!

WOW!!!

Comment

Hungry Hungry Hippo......Day 9

well, last night i was hungry again finally and nearly ate an entire Lasagna!!! yummy!
          i had lost 7-8 lbs with loss of appetite....

also, i'm guzzling water, wow, never had so much water.....yummy!
          for each cup of coffee i am NOT drinking....i'm drinking 4 times the water!
          hmm i'm going to get some more water now!

Hot Flashes on the decline in both severity, regularity, and intensity.
          i was getting hot flashes on day 2 after every bite of food or drink of water, or deep breath (like an empty bong hit)!
          did find a little damp sweat spot on my pillow this morning, was up 2-3 times to pee from drinking sooo much water.

Wake up and drink water! Not Coffee
          Wake up and eat breakfast and not let Coffee or weed be the first things into my system=FEELS EXCELLENT
          i do have my one strong cup after breakfast but that's it.

Feeling stronger even now,
          starting to find and use words that had otherwise begun to disappear from my vocabulary.
          My IQ IS UP 30 points!

Driving out today for the first time since cold turkey.

I hope to get back to swimming daily!

Exercise hard sweaty work is still better for feeling completely normal with no craving.

I have no pot cravings...but folks are showing me the buds they have soon to harvest...
          I'm staying away from fresh buds, nothing smells better than a freshly harvested bud.......temptation maximum!

I still can't believe i got to the point i did and basically violated my body!

Oh, i found some Herbalife behind all the pot-junk that a friend of mine gave me so i been doing some vitamins et. al.
          Shopping for groceries the first time since cold turkey......hope to come out of there without all the sugar and munchie food!
          Munchie snack/Sugar highs and crashes were also hand-and-hand with bong rips.

well over 10 posts, do i have to be registered?

Best Regards to all

Comment

You are doing great so keep up the good work. One thing I notice though for me when I die I coffee if makes it more worst. Coffee or wine or anything very sweet.

Comment

woke up from a nap w/resting heart rate of 120-130, went to get it checked out...

Day 9/10...
              woke up from a nap w/resting heart rate of 120-130,light headed....... went to get it checked out...

NOT feeling any anxiety or much at the time, just chilling on a Caturday afternoon.

it could be part of some thyroid issues (nodule/pressure) currently trying to get resolved/diagnosed.
              possibly some dehydration.

afraid mostly that it would get worse; don't want to pass out alone at home, so i drove myself to ER to get checked.
              All was good, they did EKG et. al. blood tests, urine test, chest xray, and said all the labs were good!
              took about 2 hours to get heart rate down below 100, but by then i was on adrenaline, and talking to one of the staff about motorcycle riding.
              then i was prisoner f/2 hours as they handled emergencies, doctor didn't have time to write the release!

anyway, could be part of the withdrawal process........bizarre..little scary if so.
              can't completely rule out pure freakout even though that's not how i felt!

this coming week; getting a full workup on blood tests and will see an endocrinologist about the thyroid soon.
              Thyroid nodule been there for 3 years but too small for them to be concerned, but it's a little barking *****-dog that needs some attention.
              i used to be classified as a radio-logical worker and had exposure to:

• Americium/Beryllium 241
              • Cesium 137
              • Cobalt 60
              • Radium 226
              • Thorium
              • 14Mev Electrons from Thermal Decay Particle accelerator.
              We’d put it in a water tank and power it up on surface,
              High energy electrons would collide with Chlorine in the water and create gamma rays.
              We could then measure the presence of water downhole by measuring the amount of gamma rays coming from Chlorine.
              • There was a tracer ejector job that one of the slob engineers did. George the slob, with a moldy sandwich in his bag.
              He had that fecking radioactive tracer fluid all over the place, it was on the keyboard to the computer!

yes, lot's to think about and worry one-self about under withdrawal...
              time will tell what is a real concern and what is just paranoia....

Comment

Day 9/10...
                woke up from a nap w/resting heart rate of 120-130,light headed....... went to get it checked out...

NOT feeling any anxiety or much at the time, just chilling on a Caturday afternoon.

it could be part of some thyroid issues (nodule/pressure) currently trying to get resolved/diagnosed.
                possibly some dehydration.

afraid mostly that it would get worse; don't want to pass out alone at home, so i drove myself to ER to get checked.
                All was good, they did EKG et. al. blood tests, urine test, chest xray, and said all the labs were good!
                took about 2 hours to get heart rate down below 100, but by then i was on adrenaline, and talking to one of the staff about motorcycle riding.
                then i was prisoner f/2 hours as they handled emergencies, doctor didn't have time to write the release!

anyway, could be part of the withdrawal process........bizarre..little scary if so.
                can't completely rule out pure freakout even though that's not how i felt!

this coming week; getting a full workup on blood tests and will see an endocrinologist about the thyroid soon.
                Thyroid nodule been there for 3 years but too small for them to be concerned, but it's a little barking *****-dog that needs some attention.
                i used to be classified as a radio-logical worker and had exposure to:

• Americium/Beryllium 241
                • Cesium 137
                • Cobalt 60
                • Radium 226
                • Thorium
                • 14Mev Electrons from Thermal Decay Particle accelerator.
                We’d put it in a water tank and power it up on surface,
                High energy electrons would collide with Chlorine in the water and create gamma rays.
                We could then measure the presence of water downhole by measuring the amount of gamma rays coming from Chlorine.
                • There was a tracer ejector job that one of the slob engineers did. George the slob, with a moldy sandwich in his bag.
                He had that fecking radioactive tracer fluid all over the place, it was on the keyboard to the computer!

yes, lot's to think about and worry one-self about under withdrawal...
                time will tell what is a real concern and what is just paranoia....
                Oh geez, good luck with all that. Hope you are clear of any thyroid issue.
                Cannabis withdrawal can be a pain...and a drawn out one at that.
                Hang in there!

Comment

3 Weeks/21 day update

Sleeping better than ever, even got a rare 7-8 hours last night with only one wake up to pee!
                  i still can wake up after 3-4 hours too and takes a little more time to get back to sleep.
                  maybe find some moist pillow spots where neck sweating.....
                  but i always get back to sleep and sleep later than i was able too before....previously would do bong hit at 4am if awake!

4pm O'clock plus or minus 20 minutes still seems to be a period of flashes and symptoms as that was prime time to imbibe.

Phlegm still has greay specks ... that's probably the most alarming and I can't wait till that clears up!

Hiking, Swimming, hard work with sweat truly helps with everything especially sleeping!

Mentally i feel soooooooooo darn good!
                  Clear thinking instead of a stoned fantasy world of randomness and waking dreams.

had my thyroid/blood lab work done today and waiting for results on that, pressure on thyroid and vocal cords.
                  I leave the option that my thyroid issues could also be pothead related.

I truly enjoy life better.
                  My work is more productive and enjoyable!

Time has slowed down a little, rather than a rapid blurr day to day which it had become and in this fast paced world.
                  It's beautiful to get more time!!!!

I'm playing guitar and singing again...that's great too!

(just an odd side-note; but bigger boners and a full ball sack!)
                  hahahaha

I will not go around stoners now when they are high, they're too sad and the conversation sucks!

Freedom from Bondage!
                  Free at last!
                  Free at last!

Comment

Oh, the ER was a Terasozin 5mg issue, that i'd never had an issue with for 3 years!

Day 9/10...

turns out it was the 5mg Terasozin pill i took that morning.
                    i rarely take them, it's for enlarged prostate BPH.

i'd been good w/5mg maybe take them 1-2 times per month when peeing gets difficult.

Here's the kicker, since cutting way back caffeine/one cup in mornings (vasoconstrictor) my prostate issues have lessened.
                    and so the 5mg Terasozin (vasodilator) which normally opens up the veins and lessens the prostate issues, was an overdose.
                    i took it f/3 years when being a pot/coffee head it was a non issue.

but since substantially reducing the caffeine, the 5mg has become an overdose.

Hence heart rate pounding occurred that morning.
                    i had no idea, as I'd taken the 5mg for last 3 years 1-2 times per month with zero issues.

ER doctor was clueless, i told him i took one in the morning...looking at the side effects it was textbook.
                    I only found out last night because i took one at 8pm was trying to go all night sleeping without peeing...getting all that done before bedtime.

but, it hit me the same way, in fact, i fainted going into the shower, busted the towel rack off the wall and woke up to the shower running and me sitting there head forwards.

I felt great all week working hard sweating etc.
                    so i knew something was weird and suddenly remembered taking one a week ago when i experienced the heart pounding and felt like i was going to pass out.
                    Lucky i got to the ER without fainting whilst driving last week.

I've never fainted in my life till last night.
                    so, it was a tough night takes a few hours f/side effects to back off.
                    and i got to finally get up the stairs and look online at the Terasozin side effects and BAM spot on!
                    even found warnings about stopping and then beginning to take it later as i had done.
                    They recommend taking it at night due to the possible dizzy/fainting operating heavy equipment etc.

the weird thing is with all the caffeine and possibly pot related issued i had going on.
                    5mg of Terasozin never gave me any side effects f/3 years.
                    my veins had permanently shrunk a bit i assume and it took that much to get them opening.

Now with the junk clearing out and my body getting more normal, 5mg of Terasozin is an overdose now.

I feel great today, a little tired but the link is obviously and shocking..
                    that was the only pill i take other than the occasional aspirin or ibuprofen, and very seldom.

so, guess who's not taking 5mg of Terasozin ever again.
                    i'm adjusting my diet as well to incorporate more natural foods that can help w/BHP.

Damn doctors are killing us with pills but it's OUR fault cause we expect them to fix us.
                    when in fact, we are (i am at least) my own worst nightmare....
                    USA seems to be at the lead for prescribing medicines, i guess controlled by the drug company lobbyist who rule our government!

Onward and forwards!
                    it's gonna be pumpkin seed oils and other natural stuff for me!

i'm just stoked it was something so simple and stupid!

Comment

Day 26 -Withdrawal symptoms nearly gone!

My withdrawal symptoms are nearly gone..

No more anxiety no more hot flashes.
                      i have walked inside or to the kitchen thinking Oh, i'll take a puff...then remembered I quit, LOL

keeping it to one cup of coffee in the am, although i will feel like having a cup later in the day, but resist and have water or juice.

I have zero desire to be high or to get high.
                      Zero desire to see people get high and watch their countenance change to stupidity.
                      YET, I STILL have an ounce of weed locked in the safe but threw out all paraphernalia.
                      I think i'm going to plan an event where I ditch the weed in celebration.

I'm enjoying remembering my dreams again!
                      Good stuff in dreams, some say God speaks to us in our dreams.
                      As a child, dreams were always vivid and weird....that's good to get back again!
                      Some say we work out the problems of the day in our dreams...
                      I think they are great entertainment at a minimum.

Most of all I enjoy feeling the presence of God & his Love around me infinitely!
                      I enjoy being closer to him again!
                      You know the moments when you are alone with no distractions, just quiet and peaceful.
                      I can feel the presence of a higher power in the room chilling with me!
                      THERE IS JOY again in my life, i'm singing praises and playing guitar!

Still dealing with the phlegm but after nearly 20 years of being a pot-smoker...
                      ..i should expect that to take some time to clear up, hopefully soon.
                      Hard work and play really bring the junk up!

I still get up in the night to pee because of BPH.
                      SO, I'll just have some breakfast foods and turn on the TV to watch someone like Dr. Melissa Scott, she's awesome, but i usually fall back asleep before it's over.
                      but good vibes in my heart, eyes, and ears from even 5 minutes of watching.

I still feel like a fool for being deceived for so many years!

I liked myself before getting high and had no real issues or major personality defects, so it's nice to be ME AGAIN!
                      I'm far more aggressive as myself, that was always one of the reasons I'm a hard worker!
                      It's also one of the characteristics I have to watch closely when driving or dealing with stupid people!

Hard Work and Hard Play also greatly facilitate quitting weed for me!
                      The belief that neither I, nor anyone I know are the most powerful being in my life TRULY IS GOLDEN!

The money i'm saving is impressive and i'm donating more of it.
                      Like when you check out at the cash register at Walmart and cashier asks to give....heck $5 no problem!
                      for every dollar i give away, i get $7 back! some weird Cosmic Plot at play again.
                      and listening to it's advice has always been the way to success for me.

I retired at age 34, and aside from spending money on my house....and with the money i'm saving not buying, smoking, and being stupid on pot (Click to buy when high)...
                      ..(we're talking 1000's per year!) should be good till i can get my IRA's in 6.5 years!

Another result of the Cosmic Plot!

Ok, Have a Great and wonderful day.
                      find another person who is trying to quit or has recently...my older brother and I are both sober now.

Comment

Day 74 Update

I have zero withdrawal symptoms at day 74, aside from the Phlegm specks which are always a reminder of the abuse i partook in.
                        Can't wait till the Phlegm specks are gone, but realize it could take a year.

It still amazing how much long buried memories come back...and playing Jeopardy at home..i can remember information and give answers that long ago seemed to have faded.

There have been times when under stress or great Anxiety, i've acknowledged...'ok, this would have been when i'd normally puff my brains out to feel better'.

I've had a few dreams now where i'm being tempted to smoke weed, can clearly see the bud in my pipe during the dream.
                        but even in my dreams i acknowledge i've quit. Had plenty of folks showing me their weed, i'll sniff the container as they always stick it in my face..... but have zero desire to puff.

i did give away that last ounce of dried-out home grown i had been sitting on.

I think my quitting has set an example for a few of my friends & acquaintances who have commented how much calmer and mature my behavior has become.
                        i think one of the bad things i did under weed was react/act and go off on tangents more..be it behavior, spending, or just talk.
                        I'm now dealing with the repercussions of some of those bad decisions over the years when being high every waking hour.

Only one cup of coffee in the mornings, rarely a 2nd cup in a single day.
                        I haven't gotten back into swimming & hiking yet as i'm too busy working on my house...physically draining/hard work all the same though.

Going to ride my XR650R into the desert today!
                        We have such warm November weather with 75°F in the day & 55° at nights..not normal but i'll take it (good to be painting the cabin et. al.)

Definitely playing guitar and singing more, nice to get a good song as an ear-worm in the mornings!
                        I'd still like to get to an MA meeting if could find one locally.
                        It would be good to share and have fellowship with others going through this.

All best to you dear reader!

Comment

Hey Desert Newt!!

Nice to meet you! 74 (and counting) days is amazing!! That is 10.6 weeks! You are completely killing it!
                          It is so good to hear that you are noticing that your mind is working more effectively and you are managing your anxiety without weed! So cool.

Congrats on turfing the last of your stash of weed too! An ounce of home grown is a significant amount, so I am glad you are no longer sitting on it. I actually found the last of my stash in a bedroom drawer a couple of months ago. This was about 2.5 years after I quit and in the middle of an episode of mental illness. I already thought I was in a LOT of trouble, so I wanted to get rid of the evidence asap, hehe. I ended up turfing the last of the nasty crap, all those little baggies, and a bit sadly, a beautiful blown glass pipe which allowed me to smoke dope without tobacco. Meh! What do I need the pipe for? I don't plan on ever smoking again!

It sounds like your quit is leading to lots of positive behaviours in other areas of your life as well. I think that quitting weed can definitely do this. It helps us to feel like we have more control of our lives, and then it is easier to make other changes too. I found the same. One thing definitely led to another and it was a kind of domino effect with kicking negative things in my life!

Are you getting a song in your head in the mornings too? Is that what you call the ear worm? I STILL get that, and I LOVE it! Someone else on this forum mentioned the same thing. Maybe it is a post cannabis thing!

I hope you can find an MA group locally, but it sounds like you are a bit remote? So good that you at least found this board to share your experiences with others. I think it really helps!

Reflecting back on the things we did under the influence, is very natural I think, but I can assure you that the sting lessens with time, and self awareness.

Really hope you have a fantastic week. Keep up the good work! It is so worth it :-) And now you know it! You are completely doing it!

Take care,
                          :-) Alice

Comment

Thanks Sweet Alice!

yes, the ear worms can last for days...good songs i play guitar and sing...or even if i go to church and hear some cool music..it sticks in my ear for days!

Your words are so tender, loving, and encouraging ... i've got watery eyes!
                            In this cruel hard world it's refreshing to have your input and know you exist!
                            I find it hard to believe you have any mental issues IMO, you're probably more normal and healthy than most of us!
                            I'd like to give you a hug! and i'd probably cry like a little baby....

i've got the most challenging period of my life right now and the positive things you said will stay with me this week!

Keep up the good work, we definitely appreciate your input and words and presence here!
                            You are an angel!
                            Wish you were my neighbor!

Kindest Regards,
                            Desert Newt......a.k.a. Pitownpi (you can look that one up!)

P.S. BTW....what's going on here;
                            I've lived here for 17 years and the neighborhood was a nice remote community.
                            We'd share fruit from one neighbors small orchard and going skiing together in the local mountains of Big Bear.
                            We had a wildfire in 2006 and became really close cleaning up and supporting each other.
                            then in 2014.....an internet blogger trust-fund-baby from London bought the next door property and then decided he wanted to buy my place too.
                            he also bought a 1.8million dollar home in Venice Beach, property in Vegas and drives Porsche, Lamborghini up/down the dirt road during his seldom visits.
                            I told him i wasn't interested in selling unless he gave me a ridiculous amount to sell, so his strategy turned into harassment.
                            he even hired a two-strike-felon (for felony stalking) to follow me around!
                            Bizarre! he's got plenty of employees who obviously have been given instructions to cause me pain.
                            i avoid driving up/down the road for fear of encountering them....good thing i'm self contained and quite happy to be here on the property 24/7.

I have deer, bobcat, hawks, fox, coyote, quail visiting almost everyday and being a good steward of the land has always been my priority.
                            I enjoyed getting high and just watching all the critters from the kitchen window where there is a small coy pond for them to get water.
                            Now I JUST ENJOY WATCHING THEM with my morning cup of coffee..
                            The experience is NOT LESSENED without weed!!!!

Now the new kid next door converted all the horse, chicken, pig stables to apartments for entertaining & rental.
                            He's put in a music studio in a poorly sound-proofed metal building;
                            the pounding music, lights and destruction of peace and quiet is simply an abomination.
                            Funny, the uber rich never have enough money it seems and turning a residential neighborhood into a profit center justified.
                            Where the deer used to roam, one can see folks pulling down their pants and taking Selfies.....
                            or dressed in furry costumes holding their smartphones in the air to try and get reception.
                            LA crowd of kinda stupid people if you get my drift.
                            Last week they were racing the sports cars up/down the dirt road revving engines and doing burnouts....

It turns out when i purchased my place 17 years ago, there were some unpermitted additions...at the time, it wasn't an issue and for 17 years i never gave it a 2nd thought.
                            Now the new kid did some research and found this out and reported me to the county building and safety.
                            so i've been given code violations for illegal structures and been told to legalize them or demolish.
                            Can you imagine living someplace and being told that 25 years ago the original builder/contractor/owner didn't finalize 1995 permit for garage/ADA compliant apartment where my mom & dad live.

It's my worst nightmare and ordinarily valid enough excuse to just be stoned out of my mind if not even go jump off a bridge...
                            but i'm not tempted to do either, and just pushing on to get the place ready to sell to the highest bidder.
                            The costs to legalize these pre-existing structures will just be like 2-3 years of my living expenses.
                            the threats made by the county are fines, liens, and even criminal actions.
                            Plenty of places in the desert are slums but i've been singled out due to the complaint lodged by the uber-rich kid who probably spends only a few days a month next door.
                            Bizarre nightmare for sure..i have no place to go. this place is irreplaceable....

so, anxiety rides high..but that's the only thing that's high!
                            It's strengthening my character hopefully without breaking me.
                            I feel happy but stressed each day.
                            It's time to leave and move on if i can even sell with all the issues i'll disclose to new buyer..
                            they'll probably be so rich that tearing down things won't be an issue.
                            i have to find a place for my parents that's ADA compliant and they are really even too old to travel far.
                            Meanwhile the uber rich asshat rubs his hands together greedily watching my demise of a sort.

It's so strange & bizarre, the realtors have never even heard of someone getting the county on their case as this.

I hope all who are going through struggles, trials, and tribulations can have some peace and relief and deal with it all without resorting back to substance abuse!
                            What doesn't kill us will make us stronger!
                            Luv from the piman!

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
                              You're welcome!! Hang in there :-)

Hey Desert Newt,

Thanks for your kind words. I appreciate them very much!
                              It sounds like you are feeling quite emotionally vulnerable yourself at the moment! This seems to happen to me too, when I give up an addiction. It is perfectly normal, and it even works to make you more emotionally available and open to the people around you.
                              Your Flckr account looks really interesting. Are you on Instagram by any chance? I would love to follow you!

What a rat your neighbour is. I am so sorry this is happening to you. What a pain. Moving is never fun, but I can imagine that if it is being forced on you, it would be even more stressful. I guess at the end of the day you will do what needs to be done. I would say that staying true to your quit is definitely the best for you. Quite often, these kinds of things can happen for a reason, or will uncover some other opportunity. In that case, you will be in a much better position to learn and take advantage of opportunities with a clear head.

The fact that you can appreciate observing the critters outside your house without weed is a VERY good sign! It says to me that your mental neurochemistry is rewiring nicely, and you are able to find pleasure in things that are important to you.

Best wishes for a favourable outcome to this sticky situation you are in. Are you planning to find somewhere else in the country to live? You obviously put a lot of value on nature!

Take care and enjoy your weekend :-)
                              Alice

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X