Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

Thanks to the ones who continue monitoring...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks to the ones who continue monitoring...

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    Hi all -
    I check this board regularly since quitting weed seven months ago, and I cheer on all those who are taking this new journey into sobriety with me. One thing I've noticed though is that a lot of posters start out strong, with frequent updates, and then seem to trail off quickly, never to be heard from again. My hope is that these people have continued on their clean path and find they don't need this forum anymore, although I'd be naive not to think that others have unfortunately slipped and relapsed.
    That's why I think it's so important for members who have been sober for a long time to continually chime in and offer encouragement. JWC, and a few others who have years of sobriety under their belt and continue to show their presence here, and I deeply appreciate that.
    When I first found this site after being clean for only a few days, it was empowering to find others like myself who were just starting out, taking those first shaky steps, going days or weeks without the herb, and chronicling their journeys too. But just as important is hearing from people who have new lives now outside of pot, and can attest to its benefits in the long term.
    I can't say for sure if I'll continue monitoring these threads as my sobriety takes me from months into years (God/god willing). But my hat goes off to the ones that maybe no longer need the affirmation this site provides, but continues to offer it to others nonetheless. Maybe their selflessness is a way for them to stay clean too, but either way, my most humbled thanks.

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    Hi gateway loiterer

Really nice and well written post!

Yes, I guess everybody gets something different out of being here. I'll bet there are lots and lots of people who never post anything but read the many informative posts on the site.

In the beginning I was on here several times a day. It was a huge help whether I was reading older posts or taking part in current ones. It was a comforting and informative distraction. A really big help. As time went on and I began to feel better, I came on less frequently, but I always left the tab open on Chrome and stayed logged in. I do remember how beneficial it was for me to communicate with people who had been clean for a long time. In particular, an Australian woman named Alice, was extremely helpful. She really provided so much encouragement and engagement. I am very grateful to her.

There have been times that I would read a post or two and just had to do something else. I just wasn't in the right frame of mind to be on the site. In fact, it would kinda make me a little anxious. But less and less of that now. It is satisfying to help people through by sharing my experience and it does indeed help me with my resolve and reaffirms my happiness about being where I am in the journey.

So, if I can be somebody's "Alice," I am happy to!

Hope you are well!
    John

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    Working...
    X