Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

What to do if you feel like using cannabis

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShannonMiller
    replied
    Originally posted by Howbadaiuu View Post
    The weed itch

One tough thing about quitting weed is that its not considered a real drug by many, and isnt dangerous to the health like narcotics. Since the stakes are way lower, its easy to take the why not? approach. Im one week sober and its been tough. No doubt Im addicted- I would try to hide my smoking from my girlfriend who I live with, get my dealer to meet me at work, etc.

My desire to marry my gf is something I try to focus on when I have urges, and setting short-term goals helps. Ive had SO many one more times that I know cold turkey is the way to go. The hardest times are in scenarios when I would normally smoke: at work or when my gf is out of the house. Its just hard to believe how much of a physical effect my cravings have on me- chest tightness, muscle tension.
    Hey there,
    Ya, muscle tension was a big one for me. I'd do three hits and pop three Advil or Aleve.

Hope you are doing ok quitting. You really have to recreate yourself and your habits. Seek out professional help. It is worth it!
    Last edited by Administrator; 10-06-2021, 08:06 AM.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    hey guys,
    Another fitful, sleepless nite..had a nasty dream and was rite back at the last incident my ex assaulted me

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi,
    I read your post and recognised how you feel. I'm just the same, just different circumstances. I hold down a respectable full time job. I smoke every day and I hate myself for it - especially decieving people. My partner makes all the purchases and rolls, so all I do is smoke. He doesn't want to stop which means it'll always be around. I convince myself that I'm going to stop but then I get home and we share a joint and a coffee. A few more joints and I'm off to bed wishing I wasn't so weak and convincing myself I'll stop tomorrow. And so it goes on, one day Ill muster the strength. Thanks for listening Karen
    Last edited by Administrator; 10-06-2021, 07:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JWC
    replied
    Originally posted by Howbadaiuu View Post
    One tough thing about quitting weed is that it’s not considered a “real drug” by many, and isn’t dangerous to the health like narcotics. Since the stakes are way lower, it’s easy to take the “why not?” approach. I’m one week sober and it’s been tough. No doubt I’m addicted- I would try to hide my smoking from my girlfriend who I live with, get my dealer to meet me at work, etc.

My desire to marry my gf is something I try to focus on when I have urges, and setting short-term goals helps. I’ve had SO many “one more time”s that I know cold turkey is the way to go. The hardest times are in scenarios when I would normally smoke: at work or when my gf is out of the house. It’s just hard to believe how much of a physical effect my cravings have on me- chest tightness, muscle tension.
    Hey there,
    Ya, muscle tension was a big one for me. I'd do three hits and pop three Advil or Aleve.

Hope you are doing ok quitting. You really have to recreate yourself and your habits. Seek out professional help. It is worth it!

John

Leave a comment:

• Howbadaiuu
    replied
    The weed itch

One tough thing about quitting weed is that it’s not considered a “real drug” by many, and isn’t dangerous to the health like narcotics. Since the stakes are way lower, it’s easy to take the “why not?” approach. I’m one week sober and it’s been tough. No doubt I’m addicted- I would try to hide my smoking from my girlfriend who I live with, get my dealer to meet me at work, etc.

My desire to marry my gf is something I try to focus on when I have urges, and setting short-term goals helps. I’ve had SO many “one more time”s that I know cold turkey is the way to go. The hardest times are in scenarios when I would normally smoke: at work or when my gf is out of the house. It’s just hard to believe how much of a physical effect my cravings have on me- chest tightness, muscle tension.

Leave a comment:

• JWC
    replied
    Originally posted by adambomb View Post
    "act of reducing to non-existence," 1630s, from Middle French annihilation (restored from Old French anichilacion, 14c.), or directly from Medieval Latin annihilationem (nominative annihilatio), noun of action from past-participle stem of annihilare "reduce to nothing" (see annihilate) - etymonline

Oh the discontent, restlessness, irritation, paranoias...what to do what to do.
    This forum is good stuff; it takes me back, way back, back before I got experienced in spirituality.
    Man, I still get haunted by friggin drug dreams. It serves as a reminder. Im a smoker, I like weed better than anything or rather in conjunction with other things ie movies, girls, food, video games, music. It seems to make life so vibrant, yet why is it that on a whole my life becomes so much more black and white and I rely on weed more and more to return that vibrancy to my being again?
    Ill tell yo why - it is bc I am an addict....if the sh*ts around me I smoke it, given my own willpower.

To be honest, I don't even know why I really smoke, I just do. I can come up with a number of excuses of coarse - it was just made illegal bc the feds don't like Mexicans, Snoop Dog smokes so why can't I, I don't care anyway so why not, etc? The joint is just a symbol, a symbol for my apathy and my piss poor attitude, a symbol for not-living-up to that potential that everyone always saying I have.

I still do not have the willpower to stay stopped on my own. The only reason I have not used for a few years is bc I have managed to clear away the resentments that were eating at me through the steps and developed some type of relation with a power that can alleave my addiction. I still don't know why the heck it works and it baffles me. I do know it works though, so if you are like me, and I was on my last leg and about to blow my head off, please try the steps and traditions in recovery. Sobriety is way better than I ever thought it would be, besides, why the heck would I want to be like Snoop Dawg anyway?

thank you all for being here, I need this,
    -adambomb
    Good for you, adambomb!

Even though I get an occasional nostalgic desire to be high, I am very happy not to be using cannabis anymore. I feel so much better without it really. And I felt so awful toward the end of using it. Why would I want to be there again? The cons definitely outweighed the pros toward the end.

All the best!

Leave a comment:

• adambomb
    replied
    On the path of Annihilation...

"act of reducing to non-existence," 1630s, from Middle French annihilation (restored from Old French anichilacion, 14c.), or directly from Medieval Latin annihilationem (nominative annihilatio), noun of action from past-participle stem of annihilare "reduce to nothing" (see annihilate) - etymonline

Oh the discontent, restlessness, irritation, paranoias...what to do what to do.
    This forum is good stuff; it takes me back, way back, back before I got experienced in spirituality.
    Man, I still get haunted by friggin drug dreams. It serves as a reminder. Im a smoker, I like weed better than anything or rather in conjunction with other things ie movies, girls, food, video games, music. It seems to make life so vibrant, yet why is it that on a whole my life becomes so much more black and white and I rely on weed more and more to return that vibrancy to my being again?
    Ill tell yo why - it is bc I am an addict....if the sh*ts around me I smoke it, given my own willpower.

To be honest, I don't even know why I really smoke, I just do. I can come up with a number of excuses of coarse - it was just made illegal bc the feds don't like Mexicans, Snoop Dog smokes so why can't I, I don't care anyway so why not, etc? The joint is just a symbol, a symbol for my apathy and my piss poor attitude, a symbol for not-living-up to that potential that everyone always saying I have.

I still do not have the willpower to stay stopped on my own. The only reason I have not used for a few years is bc I have managed to clear away the resentments that were eating at me through the steps and developed some type of relation with a power that can alleave my addiction. I still don't know why the heck it works and it baffles me. I do know it works though, so if you are like me, and I was on my last leg and about to blow my head off, please try the steps and traditions in recovery. Sobriety is way better than I ever thought it would be, besides, why the heck would I want to be like Snoop Dawg anyway?

thank you all for being here, I need this,
    -adambomb

Leave a comment:

• JWC
    replied
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I’m on my second day without weed and am struggling. Although I felt really confident and optimistic last all day, last night I flew into a rage and ended up smashing up some things in my house. I’m going through a bereavement (my ex committed suicide in April) so I’m already suffering a lot with anxiety, depression and anger and I’m scared of how I’ll cope with these next few weeks of withdrawal. But I know I have to do it. I just don’t know how to deal with the ups and downs. I’ve been smoking on and off for 25 years and have been smoking all day, everyday during lockdown. Anyway, I wanted to say it gave me hope reading some of your posts and it’s good not to feel alone in what we’re all going through - good luck to all of you and if anyone has any tips on controlling the crazy anger that keeps flooding my brain, please share them!
    Hey there
    Sounds like you are dealing with a lot!

This site is really good for reading about experiences people have had with cannabis and quitting. Also a great place to share your experiences and thoughts.

Although I don't have any tips on controlling your anger, you might benefit from seeing a therapist and/or doctor. It is important to get all the support you can during this time.

Hang in there!
    John

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    On day 2 detox

I’m on my second day without weed and am struggling. Although I felt really confident and optimistic last all day, last night I flew into a rage and ended up smashing up some things in my house. I’m going through a bereavement (my ex committed suicide in April) so I’m already suffering a lot with anxiety, depression and anger and I’m scared of how I’ll cope with these next few weeks of withdrawal. But I know I have to do it. I just don’t know how to deal with the ups and downs. I’ve been smoking on and off for 25 years and have been smoking all day, everyday during lockdown. Anyway, I wanted to say it gave me hope reading some of your posts and it’s good not to feel alone in what we’re all going through - good luck to all of you and if anyone has any tips on controlling the crazy anger that keeps flooding my brain, please share them!

Leave a comment:

• JWC
    replied
    Dear Gateway Loiterer & LifeChanger

I am really glad to have helped a little! And thanks for letting me know.
    It really is one day at a time. And accessing resources to help yourself. This site is very informative and helpful. Marijuana Anonymous was really helpful for me as well.

Hope you are both doing well with quitting.

John

Leave a comment:

• LifeChanger
    replied
    I agree with gateway loiterer. You are an inspiration John and thanks also for the insight of what it's like 2 ½ years being sober. It still feels like a huge mountain I have to climb to get where you are. I'm surprised I've made it this far but I'm taking it one day at a time. You guys are helping me stay strong. I wish for one day to wake up and not feel the need to be high. Sobriety has been for me the best and worst feeling of my life. I want peace not just from weed but from everything else. Thank you and stay strong even though I know how hard that can be.

Leave a comment:

• gateway loiterer
    replied
    thank you John

Thank you, John, for your words. Your journey towards long term sobriety (2 1/2 years!) is an inspiration. My smoking timeline is similar to yours and being able to walk in the foot steps of others who have conquered their addictions (as much as one can) is comforting! Day 84 and counting...

Leave a comment:

• JWC
    replied
    Hey there

I think distractions are the way to go! The more you do it the more natural it will become. And the farther away from thinking about weed you will be.

I used cannabis for 20 years just about daily. And off and on for a number of years before that. Like was mentioned, it was no longer my friend. I felt I was becoming "stupid" --my brain was just in a state of "duh..." And I was beginning to have strange and unsettling thoughts and anxiety.

I quit two and half years ago. I am very happy to not use it anymore. One of the challenges for me was figuring out what my life was going to look like without cannabis. The longer you are cannabis free the easier it becomes to stay that way. Every now and then I think it would be nice to have a little and feel that wave of relaxation. I remember how it was, but it is sort of in a nostalgic way. I had that for many years, but toward the end, the cons definitely outweighed the pros and there is no way I want to go back to the state I was in while quitting. Just not worth it. I feel so much better now.

Hang in there! Hope this helps.
    John

Leave a comment:

• gateway loiterer
    replied
    distract yourself

Hi Lifechanger - Thank you for your kind words. There's nothing wrong with distractions during these tense times while overcoming this addiction. Use them. Distract yourself in any healthy way you can. We all began using and ultimately succumbing to our marijuana addictions due to trying to distract ourselves from our lives. Now, after some clarity, it's the other way around. We're trying to distract ourselves back into our lives. Good luck with and strength to your sobriety, and if you should temporarily falter, give yourself forgiveness. Day 80 for me and counting....

Leave a comment:

• LifeChanger
    replied
    Dear gateway loiterer, thank you for the advice and support. I will keep trying to be strong and fight this addiction. It's the hardest thing I have ever had to do in my life. What is helping me get this far is mostly just distractions. That helps with the thoughts too. I can't thank you enough for sharing your story with me; I know how scary it feels to feel like that. I hope you are well and continue being as kind to others as you have been to me. It's nice to not feel alone in this. Don't know what I would do if I felt it was just me. Take care of yourself and your family. I will try to do the same.

Leave a comment:

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
Working...
X