Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

my partner is an addict....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my partner is an addict....

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    I have been dating this man for several years knowing that he loves smoking, and it has been raised as an issue but it's never been the biggest concern until I started thinking of his as my marriage partner... Smoking is something he has always done and though I have a very different view to it and it affects me in our relationship greatly, he dose not seem to get moved by anything that I say. I have gave up on a hope of "some day he might..." because it will only torn me out. He doesn't admit that he is addicted, smoking every day, before and after work for basically all year around....I think I myself may have a chance to somehow cope with his behavior in a long-term but when it comes to thinking of having his children in the future, if I marry him, thats when my mind gets clouded and gets lost in a circle of my own thoughts, what if he smokes around kids, what influence would we bring to those kids etc.... He tells me that he won't stop smoking for the rest of his life, but would behave appropriately around children.......I do not like the fact that he smokes all the time....so dose that mean things would never get easier but get harder for me to deal with...?? I would like to get some advice if I can please....

Hi welcome to the forum.

It an incredibly tough decision to have to make and I can’t really tell you what to do, only you can decide that for yourself, what I would say is that it doesn’t sound like he has any intention of changing, so if you do wish to marry him I think you have to accept that he may never change.

I suppose you have to ask yourself, can I accept him been like this for the rest of our lives and would it be fair to me and any kids we may have?

Whatever you decide I wish you the very best of luck.
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Comment

it aint all bad-

i just recently stoppd smokn-5 days now and i feel good-i smokd 4 twenty years-i'v 12 and 10 year old boys-th older guy got 10 As and a B at his first year grammar school tests at xmas-the other guy's got soo much sportn ability he mite go far in any number of sports-point bein-just cause someone smoks doesnt make them a bad person-or father-or roll model-so long as they doent overdo it ther wont b a problem-

2 tell u the truth i'd rather my sons smokd than let them selves be suckd in to our modern world of greed, envy and self centred materialism-believe me dear ther are far worse things out ther-

good luck in wat u choose dude-

Comment

I think it kind of depends on the situation, like how much he is using, whether he is able to control it and whether it is having a significantly negative effect, on your life, his life and maybe the lives of any kids that may come along at a future date.

I am not saying that all drug users are bad, or even that they all make bad parents, but let’s face it, it is a selfish action, it not something we do for the benefit of others and it’s not some kind spiritual antidote to the world of greed, selfishness, hedonism and materialism. Taking drugs is a selfish, hedonistic action of its own kind; we do it to make ourselves feel good, sometimes at the expense of others.

It’s not black or white, maybe some drug users do make good parents, but there are plenty of families for whom drug use does cause problems and it’s not the best of examples to set for your kids and that goes for all drugs including alcohol.

Anyway I don’t want to get too judgemental about it, none of us are perfect, we are all guilty of selfish and hedonistic actions, but let’s at least recognise that’s what they are and not kid ourselves that they are some kind of antidote to other types of selfishness.

Regardless of whether it’s a problem for him or not, if it’s a problem for you, then it’s still a problem. Only you know whether it’s a problem that you can live with.
        Cannabis Rehab Admin

Comment

I have left my man because of pot

It's hard I know. My ex boyfriends parents were both heavy smokers in pot. My ex became their top customer in their grow op and so did his friends. My ex started working with the grow op with his father and now their both getting charged as they got cought.

I miss my ex boyfriend very much. We were together for almost 3 years. He wanted to keep smoking pot and I couldn't handle it anymore. He was the type of guy that wouldn't quite for no one.

I hope that maybe one day, 3 or 4 years down the road he will stop, and he will come back for me. We were nearly perfect together, except for his chronic usage of pot. We got a long together, laughed, didn't fight often about anything except pot. It just seems like we were meant to be.

He soon changed. When we had a problem in the relationship, I had to repeat myself over and over and the smallest simplest things, he couldn't understand or grasp. It made it very difficult to solve any issues with him. It was because of the pot. A year a ago, he was pretty bright. He could understand things well, and could grasp things easily. Everything went down because of his pot smoking.

I am waiting for the day he comes to me and tells me he has quite for good and wants to try again.

I don't think that will happen for a very long time. He is on the side of the pot. He fights for it in marches, he worships it when smoking, and he says **** you to the government when charged because of it.

I have left my man because of pot, because with him it started out small, now its his life. He is the earth and pot is the sun. He revolves around it, and uses it to live.

It hurts me every day to know that he is hurting himself, but I also have to except that, that's how he wants to live his life.

Good Luck with your man, Let me tell you though, you are on a VERY rocky road a head of you if he tells you he will never quite.

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
            I understand exactly what you are saying because I am in the same situation... it’s almost scary because it’s like you just mirrored my relationship. My boy friend wants to have children and get married but the smoking is a serious problem and he does not want to quit. I feel like it will never get easier, it only gets harder. Then when u add marriage and children to the equation it will probably be a disaster. Well that’s what I think. If this is something that is really bothering you and he don’t want to quit then he is defiantly not the one you want to spend the rest of your life with. I think if I were to marry my boyfriend I would never be happy. Why would you sentence yourself to a lifetime of unhappiness?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
            Auto-Saved
            Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
            x
            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
            x
            Working...
            X