Announcement

Collapse

If you feel a post is inappropriate

Hi folks,

Just a quick note in regards to the moderation of the group. Sometimes if I am a bit short on time or if we get a lot of posts at once I may have to just skim the overall gist of the posts rather than reading them word for word before I approve them, also we all have a different perspective as to what is acceptable and thus there may sometimes be the odd post that gets through that you may feel is inappropriate. And while this doesn’t seem to happen very often if there is anything that anybody reads and feels is inappropriate then please feel free to either shoot me a PM or use the contact form to let me know and I will always be happy to take another look at it.

Please keep in mind however that a post does have to be quite bad or harmful to the group as a whole for us to delete it, I don’t like to be too heavy handed with that kind of moderation and try to reserve it for only when it is absolutely necessarily as generally I like people to be able to have their say and most things can be ironed out with dialogue and often we can all learn from it, that said if you feel something is inappropriate like I say please feel free to let me know and I will be happy to take another look.

All the best,

Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!
See more
See less

Natural Alternatives to help quit pot..do they help?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natural Alternatives to help quit pot..do they help?

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
    Hi everyone,

Just a query about natural medicines...valarien, st john's wort, passionflower etc...Has anyone tried anything like this to help with the mental and physical side effects of coming off dope? I'm getting a lot of differing opinions from people I talk to...some think its a good thing and others are saying it could just transfer my addiction. Having a lot of trouble dealing with the emotional side of withdrawals, especially cos I'm going through a hard time in my life atm and would love to try some natural alternatives but am worried that I will just make things worse.

local health food shops

never tried em hippychick-

try a few local health food shops-u'll find someone in one of them who knows their stuff-thats th person 2 talk 2 dude-tell em exactly wat ur doin and u'll know by the rsponse if they'r anygud for u-and hang in ther!

Comment

With something like natural remedies you will get a lot of differing opinions, personally I don’t think something like a bit of valerian root would do you that much harm, but I don’t think it would make that much difference either.
      Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 15 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Comment

You're right...valarien isn't working at all!!!

There was a stall in our local shopping centre that was all about natural medicines...and other things. They even had alternatives to things like ekky's and dope...It was scary how many young kids (15 and younger) were buying these. I chose to stay away.

However, the guy there had some heavy duty anti-anxiety, insomnia and detoxing mixes and thats what I'm interested in. My drug counseller was very concerned about it because she thinks I could spend a lot of time just looking for legal alternatives to get the same feelings dope gives me..and she's probably right...I got this way by avoidance and cowardace. I didn't want to confront the reality of my life and how horrible I felt every day. Unless I learn a healthy, constructive wat to deal with those things (and I am working on that), anything could be used as a crutch, even something as innocent sounding as a herbal tea. Sometimes I feel stupid for having these concerns, but I don't trust myself to make good decisions right now, especially when its related to pot..I have a history of making destructive choices and I am determined not to go there again in any form..even relying on a herbal tea which might seem so harmless, but pot did too..I just know myself well enough to know I have distorted logic when it comes to drugs of any kind...and herbs have proven to be my downfall in the past. Pot is 'natural' after all, and look where that has got me!

Comment

Just a quick note...natural therapy is a crock as far as detoxing goes..at least it is to me...none of the stuff is working and it tastes like sh*t. Guess there's just no easy way.

Comment

Hi Hippychick,

I can relate to what you said about having a history of making disructive decisions. I am the poster child for distructive actions in my life. My entire adult life has revolved around drug use. I made all my decisions high. There is so much to clean up it isn't even funny. I hope I can keep it together while I go about the process of a 12 step program. The key, as my experience with AA has taught me, is to compartmentalize things. I cannot look at the whole picture of my tattered life, it would be too much for me. But I can look at each segment as a seperate part of me and work on one part at a time. For now, filling the time I now have is my biggest challange next to staying clean.

Comment

marijuana withdrawal symptoms relief
              Totally agree...I am still paying the consequences for my destructive decisions...we don't have na where I am...this site is my na..but I'm kinda following the 12 step program anyway, through the drug counselling and through info I got from here.One step at a time is all anyone is capable of, I think..and stopping the dope is a pretty monumental step and a huge leap forward into a positive new life, even if you don't feel that way rite now..so well done on your efforts, Donna G...keep fighting, you'll make it..Peace.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              Smile :) Stick Out Tongue :p Wink ;) Mad :mad: Big Grin :D Frown :( Embarrassment :o Confused :confused: Roll Eyes (Sarcastic) :rolleyes: Cool :cool: EEK! :eek:
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X