Hi there,

I can understand why you are worried. To be honest, my heart sinks whenever I hear about someone else who is struggling with cannabis addiction while pregnant. Ideally, I guess, it would be good to get your life in order before getting pregnant. However, you are obviously trying to do the right thing and as far as I am aware, every step closer towards the person you want to be is a positive step, no matter what the circumstances.

I can imagine that it would be doubly hard if your partner smokes and drinks. People can find it really difficult to quit, if they are surrounded by the temptation to smoke or drink. You have already done the most important thing by quitting your drinking (well done!), and I think that you can quit cannabis as well. You have cut back to three cones a day, so, your withdrawals should not be as bad.

Keeping a journal, or posting on a forum like this can help to keep you in the right mindset, and one thing that I would suggest is that once you quit, it is 'not one puff ever' - or 'NOPE'. If you think you can go back to just one puff, then you will slowly but surely get back to your original level of smoking. I know it is hard, but there is no such thing as occasional smoking.

What kind of environment do you want for this baby? And what kind of person do you want to be? If you keep those values in mind and consistently work towards them, a little bit each day, you will both grow as a person and provide a healthy home for a child.

Sending you the very best of luck. Do check in and let us know how you are going, or if you need support.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

Lots of love,
Alice