+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 5th Day of Quitting Cannabis

Hi there,

I think that a mantra can be a very cool thing. I used to say to myself 'I don't smoke' and it helped. You are right you know. You don't want it, and you don't need it.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

I know the beginning can be hard, but you will notice improvements and I am here to tell you that even though life with weed can be 'good', life without weed is actually 'better'.

It is hard to see it in the beginning, when you are struggling with the initial withdrawal symptoms, but I think your reasons are valid. Children who grow up with pot smoking parents generally fare worse, and can even turn to that substance for comfort for themselves.

Life IS better without the drug in it. I smoked for years, but after seven months free. I feel a MILLION times better.

Good luck! Exercise, healthy diet, lots of water and distraction is my suggestion to you :-)

Cheers,
    Alice

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default Where is the sandman when you need him?

So I'm now into my 5th night weed free after 14 years of smoking it every day (apart from the 9months I stopped when I was pregnant).. and I'm demented
    I think I've had about 5 hours sleep in total over the past few days.
    It's really strange though, as I thought I would be itching to roll/smoke a joint but surprisingly that's not the problem at all.
    The first night it was hard to get my mind off rolling a joint but after the first day was out the way I've not really craved weed at all. I still have a half q in my tray which I walk past and see every day and still no urges
    But .. I feel absolutely horrendous
    Apart from the unbelievable tiredness, I just feel really sad and could just stay in bed all day if I could.
    I could just sit and cry and have no reason for why I'm actually crying.
    I'm snapping at my 4year old for the stupidest little things and then bursting into tears because I feel bad for doing it then she's crying coz I'm crying and omg I just feel like the worst mother for it at the time, I've just lost my spark if that makes sense? Feel like my heads all over the place.
    Sounds so silly when I'm writing all this .. but it's so strange.. I thought the weed was making me lazy and irritable but stopping it is making me feel even worse lol.

But since I've not been craving it I refuse to give up ..

In the words of Hunter S Thompson .. buy the ticket, take the ride ..

Just need to strap in and hope the worst is over soon.

Good luck everyone 👍🏻

Hang in there, 5 days is still very early days, it does get better but does take time, I like Hunter too, try and view it as Gonzo journalism and you can share your real life experience here if you like and when it's all done and dusted I promise you will look back and think that even though the ride sucked it was well worth it to be free!

All the best,
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 13 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default 5th day quitting weed

It's my 5th day of quitting weed., I used smoke 10-15 joints a day easy, I'm not having the headaches but the sleep and night sweats are doing my head in!!! Wa going go docs for some diazepam but thought I'm coming off one drug to another.. I don't smoke cigarettes without weed so I must b addicted to them too. I don't crave nicotine I love being stoned but it's got to a point where it's took over my life.. I've been smoking everyday for 8 years solid some day if it was super strong weed I could smoke 7grams (cheese) but now it's getting to me so I've quit cold turkey!!! The sweats are the worst at night through the day I feel sick I've got no appetite at all still after 5 days... I feel I've lost weight cuz of the sweats and I can't eat at all really just abit of soup.. When will I get my appetite back! I'll never smoke tha weed again I've had enough last me a life time! It's so addictive in your mind and the sweat and stuff is tha the with draw off the nicotine?? I will beat my addiction as I've had enough of it ruling my life.. Good luck to very one who's quitting and keep it up..

Hi there,

Congratulations on five days! It sounds like you have some really good reasons for quitting weed, and I promise you that you are doing the right thing. After the initial withdrawals, I noticed more and more positive benefits of giving up. I was happier, had better social skills, more adept at work and uni, and I just felt so much better. It is a good thing to do!

I am sorry to hear that the sweating and appetite problems are causing you some pain, but it is all part of the process of getting rid of this substance from your body. I didn't lose my appetite when I quit, so I don't know the answer to your question, but maybe someone else on the forum has talked about when your appetite might come back?

It would be hard to give up nicotine at the same time. I gave up nicotine about a year before giving up weed, but you are probably withdrawing from both. You will be okay, if you can just allow yourself to feel a bit crap for a while. It won't last forever!

Hang in there. Post if you need to. It gets you into a positive mindset, and if you get bored, read and read about other people's experiences and cannabis addiction.

I know that you can do this!! Good luck!

SLEEPLESS IN ATLANTA Cannabis Rehab Guest

Unhappy Going into day 6 after 15 yrs of consistent smoking

Its been a challenge to say the least my mood is changing uncontrollably but i do feel better/clear headed without it not quite over the hump yet the headaches stopped today i'm still down to one meal a day but getting better i try to stay busy because it was a part of my daily life so i miss it from my routine also. Insomnia is a problem still just cant sleep im very tired but i just cant fall asleep but im not going back soooo looking forward to the day the withdrawals go away completely.. Thanks for listening

No worries Sleepless in Atlanta,

I hope you start to feel a bit better soon. Like Rehab Admin said above, if you stick with it, you can look back and see how far you have come. It really does get better.

Staying busy is a great distraction. Perhaps you could try melatonin or some other herbal remedy like camomile tea for sleep? I hope you can take some time to get through this, because it is so worth it, I promise!

Good luck!
    Alice

Megan Shelton Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default 5th day of quitting cannabis

So.. this is one of many attempts to give up smoke the Mary j. But this time it feels different. I think you really have to make your mind up and stick to it and you shouldn't get any real urges. Is anybody else giving themselves a hard time about how long it's taken to get to this point?
    Because now I'm here and doing it, it seems so odd for it to have seemed so hard to begin with.
    I would like to Thank every one for stating their symptoms because I wasn't sure if the Headaches where attached to this or just personal which was worrying
    I hope you are all feeling positive and happy in your own journey and fulfillment without the use of this ❤️

Hi Megan,

Sorry for the late reply. I know exactly what you mean about 'this time feels different'. If you have made up your mind, then it really can feel different. There is no reason why you should have to suffer from crazy withdrawal symptoms, either. Some people don't.

I am pretty sure that any withdrawal symptoms you do notice over the coming months are nothing that you can't handle.

I agree that it is always good to read about other people's experiences, because it can normalise some of the things you are feeling. I found this helpful too. Around 6 weeks, I started going on a hunt for information about how long it would take to get my brain back (or if it would ever come back), and it helped so much!

With regard to giving yourself a hard time for taking so long. I hear you. The point is that you are doing it NOW, so don't waste any more time flip flopping and going back to weed. Even though it took me about nine years from the beginning to the end of my addiction, and it feels like I wasted so much time. . . when I consider my place in the world in 2007, compared to 2017 - it is so much better on so many levels. I think we can grow and develop even while smoking weed. It does slow us down, and we might regret some of our behaviour, but the important thing is to get to the other side, I think.

You are doing it!!

Alice

And yes, life without using weed is extremely fulfilling and also happy. I am nearly a year quit, and I still notice improvements in my thinking and relating to people.

It is like giving up cigarettes I guess. Once the god awful thing is DONE, then it is easy to be incredibly grateful, every time you think of it. 'Thank gosh I gave up cigarettes!' and I feel the same way about weed.

Hope you are still feeling good and fulfilled too. Post and let us know how you are going!!

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising