+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 5th Day of Quitting Cannabis

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default 5th Day of Quitting Cannabis

I am on my fifth day of non-smoking after smoking daily for over 15 years. I'm 35 with a 2 year old and I'm quitting because i want my energy back and to be able to focus on her and my wife too!

So far it hasn't been easy, with thoughts throughout the day about weed. Even when i first wake up and go into the bathroom I think about it! But I look in the mirror and say " I don't want it, I don't need it!".

Yeterday i had a business meeting very very close to my dealers apartment. I didn't even go, even though it would have been sooo easy. Once again i said to myself "I don't want it, I don't need it!".

Telling myself this has helped and I hope I can go many more days/months/years without it.

I had a bad headache last night and some sweats... but my sleep was much better on night four. I have been having vivid wild dreams, not really nightmares or anything. I actually love the dreaming part again... its almost like a drug in itself!

Everyone else who is quitting, keep it up! I believe life will be better without the drug in it!

BTW - great forum, thanks to the admins for putting this up. Reading other stories is a big help!

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Well done on your decision to quit, you sound really determined, with that kind of determination I am sure you will succeed. The dreams can be pretty trippy, like you say they are a bit of a drug in themselves, but not one that should do you any harm. The sweats are quite normal so are the headaches for some. Thanks for the kind words about the forum, I am sure your life will be better without weed, it may suck a bit short term but in the long term I am sure will be the right choice.

Take care, thanks for posting and please keep us posted on how it goes.
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're not a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 12 years, because I Chose to be free from it's Control on me!

Default Would love some now...

Busy day at work, was thinking how nice it would be to sit back tonight and relax with a nice joint... damn this stuff, can't get it out of my head.

last night was good, although a headache came on around 9 PM. I am working out (have been for last 3 months) to help me get through this...

Also on a scale of 1-10 (10 being best) my sleep was around a 6. lots of dreams again, but waking up way too often...

hopefully I don't break down and go to the dealer!

Hang in there, the sleep can be a bit disturbed for a while and the dreams can be pretty trippy, but it’s all part of the process, things should get back to normal soon.

Take care and please keep us posted.
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're not a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 12 years, because I Chose to be free from it's Control on me!

Default On my 10th Day - it feels great

Well i made it though my first week and now am on my 10th day... i mentioned on day 6 i really wanted it bad, but haven't looked back since. I just spent my first weekend and years without any the drug and I have to say I am proud. The pride factor keeps me going and I feel confident that the worst days are over in terms of side effects. My sleep is so much better without it and my dreams are still coming. I had a weird one were the end of the world was coming...

I am also exercising regularily which I think helps alot, especially because I am doing it at night when I ususally would go for a toke.

To be honest, I am doing lots of things I thought were better on the drug - stuff like XBOX, playing piano and guitar. Let me tell you these activities are just as much fun without weed. I went to see Avatar and movies are just as good too, in fact I might say they are better as you don't get tired mid-way...

Anyone else reading and thinking of quitting or going through it.... keep it up. Bye bye weed!

Default Louise

I am on my fifth day of not smoking any weed. It's now Friday and I haven't touched it since Sunday. I've had headches ever since, I haven't been sleeping well, I keep waking up through the night but I think I had a much better sleep last night. I am more concerned about the way I am feeling, I feel as though I am poorly, I can't concentrate at work, I feel sick and I am so tired. It's my day off work today so I have spent my morning in bed but I just feel I want to cut myself off from the world, the weird thing is, I don't feel like having a spliff, I just want to get back to normal again, as quickly as possible! I have smoked it everyday for 7 years but it wasn't just one spliff I could smok 4 in one night after work, sometimes I would get up for work and smoke one on the way there. My mood has completely change, this morning I feel slightly depressed and moody. I just want to be a happy person again.

Amaris Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default Day 5 of quitting weed

Day 5 I've Been a chronic smoker for a very long time. I'm an angry person straight. My husband says I'm nicer when I'm stoned. What I don't like is It makes me skinny and insecure maybe even uglier. I want body back! In the last 5 days I've sweated, cried, yelled at neighbors, snapped at strangers, had extreme fatigue to insomnia. Last night I was like a creep sneaking around the house checking all my hidey spots for a bud I might have stashed previously. Even considered dredging the bong. I'm disgusted and ashamed of my situation. I thought I was a strong women but I'm not and I'm scared.

Default 5th day sober from weef

I've been smoking for years also and on my 5th day sober and take klonopin and it completely takes away all the urges and helps me sleep I would totally recommend checking it out. best of luck!

Great to hear! I think I have heard of klonopin. I am glad it is helping. I wish you all the best of luck with your recovery. It is so worth it :-)

Default Day 5 of quitting weed

I've been smoking weed for over 10 years on a daily basis. I'm now on day 5 of quitting and would appreciate any advice to avoid relapsing as I'm struggling. I Really want to quit as it's taken over my life, I wasn't smoking it out of enjoyment anymore I was smoking it because I felt I needed it and if I ever struggled getting hold of some I would become extremely anxious and stressed. That's what ultimately pushed me to quit, this is my first attempt at quitting and would like to stick at it but never realised how difficult it actually was. I constantly think about it and I find I'm smoking cigarettes a lot more to curb the craving which to me seems worse. Has anybody actually tried quitting cigarettes and weed?

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising