+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Marijuana Withdrawal Insomnia Sucks...

Default Marijuana detox Insomnia Sucks...

hey all!
    just looking for some more suggestions... I've tried all the naturals.. melatonin, warm milk, hydroxytriptophan... and nothing really keeps me a sleep for more than 2 hours.
    During the day it's a breeze, but at night its awful, as i used to smoke quite a few bongs before bed, and if I'd wake up in the middle of the night, I'd hit another one to get fuzzy and pass back out.
    haha, so obviously i can't do this anymore....
    What has been successful for you?

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Governmentís FREE SAMHSAís National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

walkers350 Cannabis Rehab Guest

personaly, i had to go on sleeping pills, it doesnt seem to get better, even if your off the drug for a few months, i recommend u go see your doc about it coz this is somthing that really isnt gonna get back to normal for at least 6 months. before i went on sleeping pills i used to drink strong lager and i think thats what persuaded my doctor to put me on them, the worst part is when u do get ure sleeping back to normal, ure gonna have some really really really wierd dreams and you'll wake up not realiseing there dreams, its quite disturbing, but dont go back to weed, ure guna have 2 quit somtime and it may aswell be now. get it done. hang in there buddy

thanks man, I'm toughing it out... lol i tossed everything and have no contacts in my new town so I should be golden...
    and yeah, I know what you mean about the dreams!!! IF I fall asleep its for only a few hours and I ALWAYS wake up scared... not cool man.

Hey Mel, I'm not sure how long ago you stopped smoking, but for me it took nearly two months before i was able to sleep for more than 5 hours. Now 3-4 months later I am sometimes able to get 8 hours of sleep. You should also do some research on depersonalization if you dont know what that is. Chances are that you will start experiences some of its effects and its much more relieving if you know whats happening to you when you experience them. Otherwise is pretty damn scary.

Best of luck to you

Hi notsomellowmel, your username gave me a chuckle! Insomnia does indeed suck.

I was prescribed sleeping pills about a month ago and they helped initially. However I was very wary of them and I didnít finish the course. My sleeping has been OK since I stopped them. I still wake up between 2-4 times a night but usually get back off without problems. I am sure the anti-depressants I am on are helping with this, but I also did a lot of research on insomnia and got some great tips that may or may not help you as well:

Exercise!

Try and cut out caffeine. Iíve not had any in about three weeks, even in the morning.

Try and go to bed and wake up at the same time every night/day and avoid having naps during the day.

Prepare yourself about an hour before you go to sleep. My current ritual is a warm bath, hot milky drink and then taking in some fresh air while stretching.

If you have an alarm clock that you can see at night, move it so you canít see the time.

Although this isnít generally recommended, I put something on TV or DVD that I want to watch but have the sound really low so I can barely hear it. It works quite well for me but if you find the TV too distracting try the radio or some ambient music.

I know how tough it can be and I hope that maybe some of this advice can help you.

Cheers

Mark

Thanks for the tips mark! I especially like that last one. Seeing the time when I wake up discourages me so much.

As for depersonalization... it sounds pretty awful.... does everyone experience it? And how long after quitting does it usually happen?

for me, it happened after about 2-3 weeks of not sleeping well, of course i've always needed as much sleep as i can get so that may be why it happened to me so quickly, but like i mentioned in my thread, many things can cause you to develop it, for me it was sleep deprivation.

UK - The X Factor Society that Loves then Hates then Loves again to Blow in the Media's Wind!

Hi notsomellowmel, sorry I am not sure if I have welcomed you to the rehab group yet, if not then welcome to the forum.

A lot of us probably found that we became reliant on marijuana to help us sleep, insomnia is a common problem that people trying to detox often face, thankfully most people do find that their brain readjusts and does become able to fall asleep by its self in time. In the mean time there is always the option of sleeping tablets which some people may feel they need but personally I think if you are able to hang it out itís probably for the best, like I say most peopleís brains do readjust and sleeping tablets can be pretty addictive, so if possible I think itís best not to swap the one drug for the other, but perhaps it depends on how bad you are, anyway itís a personal choice that everybody has to make for themselves. There are other alternatives I like the supplements these people produce they are specially coated so the ingredients in them donít get destroyed by your stomach acid and are the most complete I have ever been able to find, I take the memory one but they do a sleep one too.

Anyway hang in there, take care, thanks for posting and please keep us posted on how it goes.
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're not a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 12 years, because I Chose to be free from it's Control on me!

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

I realize this thread is old, but for anyone else suffering from marijuana withdrawal and no remedy seems to work.... Ask your doc for Mirtazapine. It is used to treat depression, and has the side effects of Increased Appetite and Increased Drowsiness. When I was withdrawing, I went to my doc after 5 days of not getting any better and he gave me an Rx for this. Took 1 that night, and the next day I was 85% better; I thought it was a miracle. If you're suffering enough to talk to your doc about this, I implore you to do so.

I wonder how long did it took for you long time insomniacs to get this over with. Please reply if you are around, would be helpful

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising