+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Im dizzy all the time after quitting Smoking weed.

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default I had no idea this was a thing!

I have smoked weed pretty regularly for about 16 years. The last 2 years I was a heavy, daily user of concentrate (90+% THC). I recently got electrocuted at work which made my anxiety and panic attacks kick up so I decided not to smoke for a while so I would know if something was wrong. Within the first couple of days I had the worst anxiety, panic and diarrhea I have ever had! It even sent me to the ER because I was convinced the electrocution really did something bad to me. EKG and all blood tests came back fine so they put me on Ativan which is valium. I started getting dizzy spells, heart racing, couldn't stand without falling over. My hands are always sweaty and my feet are cold and clammy. I was convinced the valium was messing me up worse. I couldn't eat, couldn't stay hydrated. Ended up at the doctor again who said my potassium levels were low and I was dehydrated. So I started eating bananas and drinking tons of water. 8 days in I still felt horrible so I turned to the internet curious if weed withdrawl was such a thing. And low and behold! Every. Single. Symptom I have felt is listed as known symptoms of marijuana withdrawl syndrome! Now knowing this, I am able to convince myself when the anxiety comes on that it is all part of the normal process of my body detoxing and healing which helps me come back before the onset of a full blown panic attack. The low levels of potassium is due to the excessive sweating (I was wondering why I was having issues all of a sudden with BO even after showering!) I am now on day 12 of my detox. I still have dizziness from the moment I wake up until I fall asleep. Still having moments where I need to sit down and breathe and all of the other horrible symptoms. But my appetite is starting to return. I am now starting to have cravings for weed but I am staying strong and not going back. My best advice to anyone else going through this is to talk to your doctor and be 100% honest. I wish I had done that from the beginning because she could have told me what I was going through before I made all of the trips to the hospital and had all of the panic attacks thinking something was really wrong with me! Patient confidentiality is real so you do not have to worry that your honesty will get you into trouble. I hope my experience is helpful to others if even just reassuring you that you are making the right choice. You can do this. And the suffering will subside. That's what I remind myself of every day.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default Almost a Year Quit

Hey all! I wanted to hop on here again and share my experience again with y’all now that I’m almost a year out. I had originally posted on here...(I believe back in June) about the common symptoms everyone else is having also. I had light headedness, weird pressure feeling in my eyes, anxiety, the list goes on. I will first start by saying, this whole process over the past year really made me almost like a hypochondriac. Every little detail that didn’t feel right with my body I would worry about and start thinking something serious was wrong. As of about the end of September, I have felt exponentially better. Symptoms have gone away and I feel like a normal person again. My grades and GPA have all gone up and I’m actually even preparing to go to professional school to help people deal with ailments. I wanted this to be a post that showed light at the end of the tunnel for some of you that are trapped in darkness currently. I promise it will get better and you will begin to adapt to “the new life”. The 6 months it took for me to finally get myself figured out and back on track with mindset and symptoms was one of the worst times of my life. But once you get through, there’s no looking back and you will feel great again. I hope this post has helped and instilled hope in y’all still fighting. I will try and hop on here again and answer questions based on my experience if anyone has some. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hey all! I wanted to hop on here again and share my experience again with y’all now that I’m almost a year out. I had originally posted on here...(I believe back in June) about the common symptoms everyone else is having also. I had light headedness, weird pressure feeling in my eyes, anxiety, the list goes on. I will first start by saying, this whole process over the past year really made me almost like a hypochondriac. Every little detail that didn’t feel right with my body I would worry about and start thinking something serious was wrong. As of about the end of September, I have felt exponentially better. Symptoms have gone away and I feel like a normal person again. My grades and GPA have all gone up and I’m actually even preparing to go to professional school to help people deal with ailments. I wanted this to be a post that showed light at the end of the tunnel for some of you that are trapped in darkness currently. I promise it will get better and you will begin to adapt to “the new life”. The 6 months it took for me to finally get myself figured out and back on track with mindset and symptoms was one of the worst times of my life. But once you get through, there’s no looking back and you will feel great again. I hope this post has helped and instilled hope in y’all still fighting. I will try and hop on here again and answer questions based on my experience if anyone has some. Good luck!
    That's great to hear!

I have smoked since 15 i am 47 now and need to stop for a job I have accepted as they random test. I stopped once before about 12 years ago which was a real struggle with symptoms that people have been expressing. I like you ended up a hypochondriac in that any strange sensation I was "reacting to" I was in a constant state of "un-wellness"! After 3 years of fighting daily to push through the anxiety and subsequent depression I ended up lighting up again! This eventually seemed to calm me down although if i am honest I believe where i really made progress was understanding anxiety and the cycle I was going through with of adding fear on fear ....... the more i worried the worse i got ( go figure).

The problem being by this time I was addicted again and kidding myself that the weed is whats keeping me calm when in reality I believe understanding anxiety and managing it has been the biggest breakthrough. I am hopping this knowledge along with better diet and vitamin and supplement regime that will support the various systems depleted by cannabis will help.

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising