+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Terrible Hot Flashes N Night Sweats After Quitting Weed!

Hi there unregistered,

Sorry for my late reply and sorry that you have been feeling so crappy. Anxiety is no fun, and can be scary as you have experienced. It is so good that you are taking positive action to manage this anxiety by quitting cannabis, as I can see that it is already having an effect, particularly with your chest pain.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Governmentís FREE SAMHSAís National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

Although some of the withdrawal symptoms are no fun, the real intense physical withdrawal should not really last beyond about 12 days, although everyone is different. Then you have some of the more psychological symptoms which can be hard, but it sounds like you have some great reasons for quitting and it will have a huge impact on your life.

I gave up two years ago and am amazed at how much better life is now. I will never go back.

Do keep us posted!

Cheers,
    alice

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default Bad buds

I believe the govt is doing this, ive never experienced the symptoms of withdrawal like this u til i smoke that spice shit....i think people are spraying the buds with that k2 chemical or someshit, it makes it more addicting and it gives you that i want more....its not the weed its the dealers aka govt

Hi there,

I have heard absolutely devastating things about spice. Don't do it. Where are you? Is it legal there?

This is one of the reasons that I am so happy that I am quit. It sucks being a slave to an addiction.

I am so sorry if you have been sold spice. It can have awful side effects and so much harder than natural cannabis to quit. https://spiceaddictionsupport.org/what-is-spice/

Let us know how you are going.

Cheers,
    Alice

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I believe the govt is doing this, ive never experienced the symptoms of withdrawal like this u til i smoke that spice shit....i think people are spraying the buds with that k2 chemical or someshit, it makes it more addicting and it gives you that i want more....its not the weed its the dealers aka govt
    How are you making out? Stay strong. If it makes you feel better you have someone fighting through this just like you. I'm only on my 5th day. You'll have set backs but day by day, week by week you'll get better. Being mentally strong when you're at your weakest moment is key 👍

Default 13+ year User

I definitely experience the most absolutely AWFUL night sweats and hot flashes when I try to quit smoking. Iíve been smoking pot for almost 14 years, started regularly smoking at 21, and have quit twice in that time since (Iím 29) for about 6 mos each time. Iíll go here and there (mostly going on vacation) completely without and I am mostly fine minus the sweating and what I feel is an inability to control my body temperature. I also tend to have freezing spells, too. I especially donít notice the mental aspect of craving it nearly as much. I think mostly because there are plenty of things to keep my mind occupied.

Not the case at all when I try to quit and Iím going about my daily life. Today was Day 1 without smoking at all this round. The only thing Iíve been able to think about at all is weed. Iíve had zero appetite and Iím super clumsy. Most of the posts here Iíve had to read and reread 2-3 times to comprehend. Iím irritable and shaky as hell and potentially losing my mind. (Kidding...I lost that a long time ago.)

Moral of the story? 75% of this battle is MENTAL people. Get your mind right and stay strong. Take a more laid-back approach to quitting instead of hyping it up in your mind and psyching yourself out. Drink lots of tea and sit in the sunshine. Be nice to your brain and donít beat yourself up if you end up ďweaningĒ instead of cold turkey. Progress is progress...and each day where progress is occurring makes the next one just a little bit easier. Xx

Hi 13+ years,

This journey definitely is a strange mixture of physical and psychological symptoms. I think what you say about taking a more laid back approach to it is helpful. Easier said than done, especially for some people. I think surrounding yourself with support is key for this. This blog, good friends, a therapist, support groups, etc.

Funny, so many people talk about crazy night sweats as one of the withdrawal symptoms but I didn't experience this at all. But, I did seem to be extra cold this past winter--and I live in a place with mild winters. I didn't associate this with withdrawal, but I have recently been thinking it could have been associated with it. So, interesting to read your bit about freezing and your inability to control your body temperature.

I'm just over the 3 month mark after about 20 years of pretty regular use. I have next to zero cravings for weed. I never want to go through this withdrawal again. I loved being high, but I realize it just doesn't work for me anymore. And I've also read the withdrawals can be much worse the older you are and the second, third, etc time you quit. NO THANKS!

Best of luck to you! Let us know how you are doing.
    John

Sweaty Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default Sweat chills

I found this site yesterday. Lots of helpful info. I'm on day 3 quitting. Sweats all day and night here. The bed gets soaked overnight. I'll get the chills. I can be hot and just walk by a fan and start shivering. Hot, cold flashes. I've been nauseous and having stomach pain and trouble since Feb 18. Er visit, gastro scopes, mri, xrays, blood work, gallbladder removed. Nothing has changed. I even got to the point that smoking didn't help the nausea or even feel high. Been smoking 8 yrs. Essentially smoking morning to night. You wouldn't catch me without a blunt. I've started thinking I may have CHS. Cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome. Figured if no doctors or meds help at all, I can try quitting for a few weeks and see if my symptoms subsided.

Dear Sweaty,

CHS...I had to look that one up. It sounds really terrible! Sorry you are experiencing it. From what I read, it seems like the only real cure is to quit. Hopefully quitting will be the answer for you.

Meanwhile, the withdrawal symptoms...definitely not pleasant. They eventually go away but can make you feel miserable for a while. But it does get better.

Hang in there and hope you feel better soon. Let us know how you are doing.
    John

UnregisteredKydUk Cannabis Rehab Guest

Ppl don't give up keep up the good work , I stopped last year 55 days but anyway this year again I decided to quit, my 1st week was horrible but before I quit I did 4 days of sauna 45 mins and steam 15 mins helped me get sum sleep well on the 1st night but after dat day it was tough, im also in the process of fasting for the month which helped me alot, I quit on May 10th and now wer on 25th so 15 days in so far. My last 2 sleeps have been beautiful full 7.5hrs sleep plus on my days off extra power sleep, pls don't drink tea at the start dat ruined me but now I can drink it also u need to drink alot of water and make sure u piss it before bed I will update in a week or so keep up the gud work

Meg Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default It's been a week ... night sweats and insomnia

Hi all,
    I've been smoking weed with my partner for about a year now (on and off, the biggest breaks were of a month or so) and have simply had enough of running out of money because of weed or relying on it to regulate my stress.
    I have a very stressful job and am an anxious person in general, so weed was the answer.
    However I do feel that I lack motivation and being an ex anorexic, the eating/scoffing while high is just ... well... hard to face the next day.
    I have now been off weed for 5 days (not much but...) Now and have finally managed to sleep again. The night sweats however....
    Am I right in thinking that the sweats won't last much longer than a couple of weeks?
    I've also been hitting the gym much more which does indeed help A LOT!
    Anyone here was a new smoker like me (1 year, about 2 joints a day _ on and off) and has been getting off it?
    How long did the insomnia and night sweats last?
    Thanks !

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising