+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Terrible Hot Flashes N Night Sweats After Quitting Weed!

Hi Meg,

Just wanted to say good luck with your quit. Five days is great and even though it can be uncomfortable in the beginning, the benefits of being cannabis free are so amazing, especially with time.

I am pretty sure that while cannabis may mask feelings of anxiety in the beginning, eventually it will just have the effect of making it much worse.

I don't have a lot of experience with night sweats or insomnia, but if anyone else does, especially light smokers, please chime in!

Wishing you the very best of luck! It is so worth it, I promise, and those sleep disturbances shouldn't last too long. Let us know how you go.

Cheers,
    Alice

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default I have the same thing keep happening

I have been pretty much consistently smoking weed for like 4ish months and right now I’m dealing with some mental health issues and wanted to stop smoking because i felt like i could only do normal human functions like sleeping and eating etc when i was high and im positive that thats not healthy. So this past week I decided to stop smoking weed and I’ve had so much trouble sleeping (I’ve always had insomnia but not like this). Some nights i just don’t even sleep at all and then if i do end up falling asleep i end up sweating buckets to the point where i wake up soaking wet having to change my clothes. Its so annoying but from a lot of the blogs and forums I’ve read it sounds like these effects are supposed to subside after a little while. So fingers crossed hoping that happens!!

Default Sweats & insomnia

Hey Meg,

Good decision to try and break free of cannabis. 5 days is a long time so don't down play that! Stay strong and you'll be glad you did it. I was a much lighter user than you for an even shorter time period and still ended up with an extended period of withdrawal (day 140 for me), which I would not say is over but it is a LOT better.

My worst symptoms were sleep related including insomnia, night sweats and grinding high stress dreams. For months sleep was a problem, sometimes it was insomnia, sometimes sweats, sometimes dreams, but it has really gotten better over the past 2 months, thank goodness. You will improve too and probably a lot quicker.

Most folks have a withdrawal period of a few weeks so I would expect the same with you and sleep issues are VERY common during this time period, including night sweats. My experience of a very extended withdrawal is far longer than most people's withdrawal. Heck, if everyone had an experience like mine, long and difficult, than I think marijuana withdrawal would be headline news! Just try and grind out the next couple of weeks and you'll emerge stronger and proud of yourself. You sound like the type of person who will dig in and get 'er done.

Keep us posted.

Hyzer29

I'm in it too guys...I would say what I'm going through at 14 days clean but then I'd have to kill you haha....kidding just woke up from a bad dream again so I'm trying to make a funny...

either way it's a dream come true to be sober again. Not feeling the need too get high right after I wake up from a daze from the day before is a real gift.....I can count on a couple fingers each time I got sober for a good period of time over the last 20 years, and maybe count on both hands the times I go sober......and maybe 3 fingers the times I was able to test clean...

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

my point is that we have to stay strong...accept the fact it will not be easy...but compared to the constant need to be high, or chase that feeling of being high, it's just an amazing feeling being in the now.

I wasn't even getting high before as much as I was just trying to keep the shitty feeling of being faded....like who wants to be faded that doesn't feel good at all....

long story short - screw weed

Lol, screw weed indeed!

I am so glad that you are climbing out of the fog. The other side is so amazing :-)

You are really doing it! Keep going :-)

Alice

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising