+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrible Hot Flashes N Night Sweats After Quitting Weed!

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Exclamation Terrible Hot Flashes N Night Sweats After Quitting Weed!

i,

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

I quit smoking just shy of 2 weeks ago. I've smoked off and on for the past 9 years... sometimes on a regular basis... sometimes just on occasion. I've always smoked the drug off the street that i got from friends and people i knew as most of us do and have never had any issues with stopping before, until now.

Right about the begining of this last Dec (2010) one of my buds started getting a hold of medical the drug that really thru me for a loop once i stopped. I wasn't having issues with anxiety as far as i can tell, (but im not a doctor) and wasn't really craving the drug either except for the first day or two. Yet since i've stopped smoking i have a really serious problem sleeping. During the day i'm fine and i feel normal, it's a night is when it starts getting ridiculous. I've been having terrible hot flashes and night sweats. i'm not talking like hot flashes that occur once an hour or every couple hours. I'm talking 3-4 every minute or two. I usually wake up a handfull of times per night laying in wet sheets cuz of sweating... even with the covers off. I cant sleep at all. My gf tells me it's freezing in the room and i'm layin on the bed next to her feeling like im on fire. Does anyone have any idea what i can do? How can i get it to stop? or relieve me of this agony?!

Any advice welcome!

Thanks!

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Hi Unregistered Guest and welcome to the forum.

It does sound like there’s a good chance it’s connected to you quitting drugs, it something that is often associated with both using and quitting drugs in general, many different drugs in fact, but if you are concerned perhaps you should consult your doctor, I am not sure if they will be able to do much for you, like with a lot of the symptoms you experience when quitting drugs it may just be something you have to go through, but as I always say if in doubt consult your doctor.

Take care, thanks for posting and please keep us posted on how it goes.
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're not a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 12 years, because I Chose to be free from it's Control on me!

Hello. I'm on my 7th of quitting and have the same issue. Last night was the worst. I woke up twice totally soaked in sweat. My sheets and hair were totally soaked. There were a few nights when i have worked out vigorously that i did not sweat or sweat as much, but when i'm working out i sweat waaaaay more than normal. I hope it goes away soon and that i can find some good advice on how to stop it.

Hi and welcome

I am not sure that there is anything that will stop it other than time, but it should ease up it is just one of the very common withdrawal symptoms that many people suffer, so try not to let it freak you out too much it can be perfectly normal.

Thanks for posting, take care and please keep us posted on how it goes.

All the best
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're not a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 12 years, because I Chose to be free from it's Control on me!

I also advise not to freak out about the physical withdrawals. Mostly, it's easiest and quickest to get over with, it's mainly the mental battle that we should be more prepared for. So, don't worry, they shouldn't last for too long, but if that happens to be the case, you might want to see a doctor. Nowadays, they can even treat the horrible physical withdrawals of heroin, I'm sure that it's relatively simple to treat physical symptoms caused by cannabis withdrawal.

Take care and please keep us posted,

All the best

i would like to share with you my experience in this issue, i was 10 years wake n'bake smoker, very potent weed, unlimited supply due to the fact that i grow my own, so i smoked like 10-15 joints per day, and i quit 9 months ago, actually not 100% quit but became like a weekly thing. i was sweating a lot first few days, woke up to change my clothes several times every night, but i was working out a lot, daily morning walk then afternoon gym, the sweating and chills went away in 4 days, and that was it.
    so i would strongly advise you to work out, because when you do, you're sweating and drinking water cleansing your body quickly.

Default quitting is hard

OMG i thought i was the only person in the world who suffered with this when i try giving up, as none of my friends have ever had this problem, i think i may have another go with the help of this cannabis rehab site and knowing im not the only person with these withdraw syptoms, i thought i was abnormal and could never give up as i have tried a few times before and failed feeling quite stupid like i couldnt do it and stick to my word

Hi Silvermaze and guest and welcome to the forum

I am glad you have found us, it sounds like there are a great deal many out there who can experience these sort of problems and can’t understand why it is that it is happening to them but not necessarily to others, there is an awful lot of ignorance out there when it comes to addiction to marijuana, addiction is a neurological thing that happens in the brain and something some are more genetically predetermined to experience than others and while not everybody who uses it will become addicted, just like not everybody who uses alcohol will become addicted to that either, but once this change has taken place within the brain you can experience all kinds of withdrawal symptoms.

But not to worry you now know you are not alone and don’t have to feel like you are going mad, you are not abnormal it is something that can happen to some, many people find it a real struggle to detox marijuana and experience all kinds of mental and physical symptoms as a result, but hang in there my friend they do pass and we can all get there in the end, we will be with you every step of the way.

Take care and please keep us posted

All the best
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

Hey there everyone, I just came across CannabisRehab.org and am like OMG!!! WOW!!!
    Its all down to mind set, I have so many friends who say they can't sleep without cannabis(I used to be one of them) but it's really nothing to do with cannabis, it's just that people convince themselves that it is. I smoke it probably more than most do but every month or so I hit a period when I just cant get my hands on any... but because I have learnt to keep a positive attitude about it, the only negative effect is the amount of cigs I smoke instead (EWW YUCKK)

All you have to do is instead of worrying and convinceing yourself you need or rely or are addicted to cannabis, is just take a more relaxed aproach to it and convince yourself it's really no big deal. Remember... our minds are exceedingly complex machines and can easily play tricks on us, especially when we encourage them to.

If you can do this then I promise you will never get sweats or trouble sleeping due to no cannabis ever again!!

Good Luck with the quitting

LadyLuck Cannabis Rehab Guest

Red face Exercise!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverMaze View Post
    i would like to share with you my experience in this issue, i was 10 years wake n'bake smoker, very potent weed, unlimited supply due to the fact that i grow my own, so i smoked like 10-15 joints per day, and i quit 9 months ago, actually not 100% quit but became like a weekly thing. i was sweating a lot first few days, woke up to change my clothes several times every night, but i was working out a lot, daily morning walk then afternoon gym, the sweating and chills went away in 4 days, and that was it.
    so i would strongly advise you to work out, because when you do, you're sweating and drinking water cleansing your body quickly.
    I have been a daily the drug smoker for the past 5 years with a minor 5 month break in between once. I have tried to resist and quit time and time again with no success. I quit again yesterday morning and so far so good! My secret? EXERCISE! I've been going for daily runs and hula hooping every time I feel the urge to blaze. You get such a mad high of a good work out, you soon forget about getting high on weed. I think it's important to do an exercise that you really enjoy, because chances are your already in a shit mood because of lack of weed. Go to the park, juggle a ball, go swimming at the pool. GET OUT, KEEP BUSY! If you simply cut out the drug and continue with old habits, everything you do will remind you of your little green frenemy. Also tell someone whose opinion you care about. It is a lot easier when you have people surrounding you that fully support your choice. Good luck, and get goin!
    <3

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising