+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anxiety/Depression Help

Default Paranoia/Anxiety

Smoked for 2 years heavy , side effects I have gained from smoking include, paranoia, anxiety and depression. I hope these effects arent long term lasting.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

Last edited by rlcky; 02-08-2011 at 05:26 PM.

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Hi Rlcky and welcome to the forum.

It sounds like smoking the drug is having some pretty negative effects on you, it is indeed true that some people do seem to handle it better than others, but you have to judge it on the way it is affecting you and if it is having the kind of effect you are experiencing then the sooner you stop the better.

It can indeed be lonely when you don’t have anybody who understands what you are experiencing, actually there are probably far more out there who are having a similar experience to you but they too probably don’t feel they are able to tell others for fear of been branded as “weak”, the pro the drug people who don’t find they have as much of a problem with it unfortunately do seem to bully and badger those who do find it to be a problem and often call them “weak”, but it’s just ignorance of the very different ways we can all react to it and our different genetic predisposition for doing so. Anyway you only have to read the other posts here to see you are not alone and you are certainly not weak, the chemistry of all our bodies can be extremely different and it’s not your fault your body doesn’t react to it well and are finding it is causing you problems, so try not to feel bad. I too didn’t react to it well in the long term and experienced severe anxiety, paranoia and depression, most probably due to my genetic predisposition for mental illness which is an hereditary trait that also runs in my family, it’s not our fault and it isn’t because we are weak. Anyway chin up buddy, at least you know the effect it is having on you and know what you need to do in order to change things and you are really are not alone, I for one can identify with you especially, we will be with you every step of the way and try to do whatever we can to help.

Take care, thanks for posting and please keep us posted on how it goes.

All the best and good luck! I know you can do it!
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 13 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Well I stopped smoking on the Monday and posted on the Tuesday. I actually went round to my friends who I smoked practicly every day with and we both said like its probably for the best if we just move on with our lifes and go in different directions. I found this very hard, because this friend wasnt just a drug associated friend, I actually knew him for 10 or more years before all the drugs. Feeling pretty bad about the whole situation because he can actually manage his mental health on cannabis and works full time in a proffessional job, i gave him a fender strat and an amp so he could learn guitar as a hobby to distract him from the weed.

Its now the end of Thursday, I actually quit smoking tobbacco on the Tuesday at 17:00 gmt too, thats going pretty well supprisingly I havent really craved nicotine at all or even though about marijuana. I have had a few moments where ive been hit by serious depression for no reason, but ive managed to sort my head out within 5 minutes and just convince myself im detoxing and everything isnt all doom and gloom.

Id like to say to anyone who reads these discussion boards, your not alone and nothing is impossible. I first came accross these types of discussion forums 6 months ago, and didnt build up the will power to detox and get out of the cycle until Monday and I already feel so much more happyier in life after only 3 days....

Goodluck everyone

Well done rlcky, the first few steps can be the hardest, thanks for the update.

All the best and please keep us posted
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 13 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Trying to find ways on how to fight depression can literally feel like you are trapped in a boundless combat of disappointment, worry, misery, and fear. One should be strong-minded while fighting out depression, fighting depression can be easily achieved by using natural remedies. Meditation is also considered to be one of the most effective ways to fight depression.

I agree, I think meditation, self hypnosis and relaxation exercises can be a great tool in dealing with depression, it’s certainly worth a try before you consider medication. Physical exercise is also good too.
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising