+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Life without pot feels profoundly BORING now... is this common? Will it pass?

5 years later but need to respond - Computer games pot is the killer! I live for spending a weekend gaming. I have managed to play without it - and actually beat some maps/games that I couldn't before - but it's not the same. I'm hoping that I've kicked the game/pot combo...now If I can just get it to work with movies/tv.

The last time I quit for a month, I read nearly a book a day out of boredom.

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Hi there BustedWagon,

It sounds like you are doing all the right things. In any kind of addiction the name of the game is to break the connection between the trigger or the experience and the drug. If you keep working on breaking these connections, your brain will rewire and you will be able to do these things without weed. Your brain is very plastic, it can adjust, you just need to be willing to experience some of the clunky, uncomfortable feelings that come the first few times you do these things without cannabis.

I thought it was great that you mentioned books. I remember when I was smoking, I would hardly ever read because I was too wired and I couldn't intake the media. It is such a nice feeling to read a book again, and to remember just how enjoyable reading is. Now I read pretty much every night before bed and I get a lot more out of it. It is definitely another perk of being clean, but quitting can feel boring (for a while), so it is great that you are looking for other activities to keep you occupied.

Keep going! You are learning / growing / getting better all the time

Cheers,
    Alice

I don't have anything unique to say, but want to Join the group by speaking up. I am grateful for this forum and everyone's courage quitting and posting about it. I'm on day 6. This is my third time quitting in three years. I've never gotten support around just this. I'm also an alcoholic with 8 months clean and I attend a non-12-step group for that, but I need this group if I'm going to make it weed-free. At this point I really identify with the bored people and I have to remind myself multiple times a day why I'm doing this. I am doing this because I'm sick of the anxiety and hyper-vigilance that comes with using and I have an adolescent daughter who is looking to me as an example. I'm also a meditator and pot is hampering my growth there. Crap this is hard! I'm so used to using! Thank you for being there and for reading. Go us!!!

Hey Aitch4happy,

It is great to meet you! I know that you can do this! It sounds like you have some really good reasons for quitting, and you are right. This forum can be really helpful. I think that it helps you to stay in the right mindset when you are posting often and reading other people's stories. This helps when the withdrawal symptoms hit. A good mindset and attitude can help you to overcome almost anything!

You are obviously making some great changes in your life. I hope that your 12 step program will help you with cannabis too, or you can use some of the things that you learnt there. I quit smoking cigarettes before I quit cannabis, and I found that the process was very similar and it was helpful to have gone through it again.

Good luck! I hope to see you around the forum!

Cheers,
    Alice

Thanks, Alice . I'm on day 9 now and already my sleep is returning to normal. I appreciate your support and that of the community here. I now realize that I've been using pot to insulate myself from the rawness of the present moment, especially regarding interactions with people. I'm an introvert who struggles with self-advocating in relationship (doormat), and pot has been letting me get away with this tendency. I'm learning to tune into my needs and take action on my own behalf. I spent my first 22 years as a fundamentalist Christian and was trained to abdicate everything to good ol Jesus. I'm pretty sure that he's spinning in his tomb (I no longer subscribe to the Resurrection) to see what the world did with his simple message of love for self, god and others! Oh well. I'm grateful to be emerging from the pot-fog. Love and courage to us all.

No worries Aitch4happy,

It is so good to hear that your sleep is improving. I expect that improved sleep will have many positive flow on effects through your life.

I know exactly what you mean about cannabis being a kind of blanket from the world. I noticed that my emotions were much more raw when I gave up too. I think this is a good thing. It means that you are living authentically. It actually doesn't last forever. You might notice that now, but after a while you will probably not notice your emotions as much, or at least that is what happened to me. On the contrary, I am so much more emotionally balanced now. Even though you think that cannabis insulates you (which is absolutely true, in so far as it helps you to ignore real problems in your life), in my experience it can also make you more sensitive and reactive too. That was my experience.

I know exactly what you mean when you say that 'pot has been letting me get away with this tendency'. Cannabis has a way of allowing you to let it slide. You are at a precious point in your development, because as you become more balanced and clear, you will be able to take one step after the other to learn how to stand up for yourself. It still takes work, when you are not smoking cannabis, but I find that your actions and goals can get so much more traction.

Thanks for your messages of good will. I am not religious, but I do think that messages of love are very helpful!

Hope you have a good pot free day

Cheers,
    Alice

anon Cannabis Rehab Guest

Unhappy 22 year old dude/ cali /college/ work

i'm quiting weed as well. i mostly consumed edibles from weed shops, sometimes wax, but actual flower its been like 2 years.it was fun while it lasted. Society doesn't accept it, with all the drug test even in weed legal states.
    i live in california and you're drug tested at any job worth a damn. :/
    But i get it man... now life feels plain. I find myself wondering is this all there is to life work work work.
    temptations are everywhere with all the weed shops and my cousins smoking. what the point of legalizing weed when everyone still gets drug tested, so annoying. (one step at a time i guess).
    i wonder whats its going to be like in 2018 when its officially legal recreationaly in california.
    im so bored like what do i even do besides work. i don't really drink, introvert kind of dude, i don't really care about friends, not a weirdo or anything just tired of dealing with peoples nonsense.
    weed was my thing it made things entertaining, but now i look at the same things and think how boring. There like this thing in my subconscious that's just stuck on BLAHHHHHHH.
    lets all be honest wax is expensive and so are edibles especially for people out of california. eventually it makes a dent financially as your tolerance rises. so yeah i'm quiting for money i hope its worth it.. never been to materialistic but money is a necessity unless you want to be homeless. good bye old friend, thanks society on doing no ****ing research just blindy judging and doing what you been told.

hi there anon,

It is great to meet you!! I hope you will find more benefits than just saving money and avoiding a positive drug test. I have been quit for about 15 months now, and I am still noticing benefits of being weed free. My friend told me last night that I am so much more present and that is how I feel too. It has a good effect on my social life! It also has a good effect on my brain power and work

It is understandable that you find life a bit boring now. It is all part of the withdrawal and it will pass. I hope you will try to reward yourself with small things to get your dopamine reward system working as soon as possible. It might be a nice meal, or a movie, or something like a nice warm shower. Things that make you feel a tiny bit good will all help you a lot. Exercise is another thing that a lot of people say helps them a lot. It gets your feel good neurotransmitters firing.

I can imagine how frustrating it would be when cannabis is legal in California but everyone is still testing for it. It is a bit of a contradiction, but I guess it is early days in terms of the legislation. Maybe you will find that life is better without cannabis anyway! Testing does seem like a huge invasion of privacy in my estimation.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

Keep writing, and keep reading other people's posts would be my advice. It is a good distraction and keeps you occupied. It also reinforces your mindset and gives you some form of support and therapy.

Kind regards and good luck!
    Alice

PS. I am sorry I am not more help! I feel like I have said all these things about benefits to your social life and support and therapy and that sort of thing when you JUST SAID that you don't really care about people.

I hope you have a great day!!

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default On the fence

What a great forum and I appreciate everyones honesty, its quite refreshing, and rare! I would like to share my situation and thoughts, please feel free to respond or even flat out put me in my place if you feel inclined to do so.

I started smoking regularly around age 14-15 till age 20. I started smoking again last October (2016) at age 30, so I stopped for 10 years. In my early years I always toom it too far and had little control over it. It had a very negative impact on my life and was almost entirely counterproductive. I was happy to be free from using like that until last year I found myself craving it (in large part I believe, due to the monotony of my job and life in general). And I felt that it might actually have a rightful place and could enhance my life.
    So I have been using regularly, usually at least once a day. I have a little one hitter and usually take one hit at a time. An 1/8 lasts at least a month. Not trying to come off as a Bill Clinton but I dont like to get baked like I used to because I love being able to use my brain and be productive. But at the same time with a low tolerance like mine its not easy to regulate. I find a small amount goes a long way with me. The reason I love it so much is because I believe it does enhance my life, and does help me find pleasure in the little things and especially the many things I need to do. Im a full time nurse and have several rentals. The way I use really motivates me to get things done around the house and my rentals. But my wife doesnt share the same opinion and she uncharacteristically blew up on me the other week. I told her I understand her concerns and that I would take a month off and reassess the situation. Im on day 11 and my goodness, I did not think it would be this tough, especially because I was not at a place where I wanted to stop; and I share the same problems with motivation as others are experiencing.
    As much as I enjoy it and its benefits, there are many negative aspects, and Ive really been weighing it out, whether this is something that has a place or not.

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising