+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Life without pot feels profoundly BORING now... is this common? Will it pass?

Hi there,

It sounds as though you really want to do some thinking and perhaps writing and journalling about whether cannabis brings you closer to a life that is full and rich and vital. You said that there were some positives, such as helping you to get pleasure out of the little things. I think it is important to acknowledge that there ARE some positive parts of smoking. Otherwise, why would anyone do it? Why would anyone get hooked?

The fact that it does have some positives doesn't automatically mean that you should smoke it though! It is important to weigh this up as a whole. On balance, does using cannabis bring you closer to your values?

Some questions to think about:

Does cannabis bring you closer to being the person you want to be? Not just when you are high, but also when you are strung out, coming down, or all the time that you are not smoking?

Does cannabis contribute to building the kinds of relationships that you would like?

Does smoking cannabis make your life richer in the long term?

It sounds as though you are starting to weigh this up. I think it is a journey and a process.

I felt as though there were some positives to smoking too, but on the whole, I got closer and closer to the point where I was over all the negative consequences that it had on my life and so I stopped. I still find enjoyment in the small things. Perhaps even more so!

Keep writing and keep observing yourself and keep talking to your partner. You will find the right answer for you!

Cheers,
    Alice

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Hello all,
    This forum is great. I felt at my wits' end last night and suddenly remembered you all. After reading around a bit, I felt strong again in my decision to lay pot aside. I woke up this morning and had a truly great day. I'm at the end of day 21 as I write, and yes, I still feel that "dial-tone" feeling quite regularly (doesn't help that I'm unemployed and in between semesters of school), it does seem to be lifting. I've been doing cardiovascular exercise at least 20 minutes a day for the past ten days, plus yoga, and it makes me feel good about myself if nothing else. I'm looking forward to watching my pot-free life unfold, and I can't thank myself enough for making this rather bold move. Thank all of you as well for being here and sticking with your transition. Here's to a new "normal"!

Hi Aitch4happy,

I know what you mean about the power of reading other people's stories to give you a lift in your motivation. I found this with both cannabis and tobacco. The forums that collected everyone's stories got me in the right mindset over and over again. Writing myself, helped to reinforce that mindset and consistently supported my desire to quit. It worked for me!

It is so great to hear that you are finding some positive benefits of quitting too. I think that this can be the biggest motivation to keep going. When you see the difference that it makes in your life, it makes sense to continue!

I find time between semesters difficult too, even though I work. It is understandable that you feel a bit at a loss at the moment. When do classes go back?

It will be great to see your pot-free life unfold. I think that you will experience some significant benefits.

Cheers,
    Alice

Classes start back in 12 days. Lately I find the days to be wickedly long. I'm in a permanent bad mood. I'm so used to being lifted artificially. I need to remember that that way of life was unsustainable. My lungs used to hurt all the time, I couldn't seem to make myself exercise or do the simplest household tasks, I was lonely and wouldn't reach out, which I have started doing (meeting new potential friends). I always had to spend energy covering my butt and worrying about negative consequences and I don't have to do that anymore. Thanks for reading...feeling better now.

A Aitch4happy,

What course are you taking? Maybe you could start a project related to something in your course? There is always room to think about starting your own business or doing something related to your course. I know that you are not feeling particularly inspired at the moment, but a project might help. The other thing that I found to really help me, when I am on a break from uni is to get out of the house every morning for a walk or go to a cafe for a cup of tea and sometimes breakfast. That simple act of getting out of the house and getting into the world can be very rejuvenating I find.

Feel free to vent any time. It will probably help!

You know that smoking cannabis was damaging your health and making you miserable. So, you are working towards a better life, and that is a great thing. This current discomfort is only temporary.

Good luck with it, and let me know if I can help at all,
    Alice
    Last edited by Alice; 06-30-2017 at 07:55 AM.

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Hello I have been a daily smoker for 14 years and have used it to cope with depression mainly but after awhile it became a lifestyle I constantly smoked any chance I got until I got older and had my son then I decided I wanted to stop but after smoking for 11 years made this task very difficult and all I could really do was cut it back to after he went to bed eventually I was able to give it up but this only lasted for about month I was doing just fine dealing with the frustration and aggravation of going without until the night I had an all to vivid dream of holding my dead son (probly has to do with the fact he was born at 25 weeks and was technically code blue which if your not familiar with the term I'm sure google can clarify lol) so after that I went back but it has never effected my ability to be a productive member of society in my personal opinion marijuana is not a bad thing if used in modesty just don't let it control your life if you can't go a day without it like I use to be then it's probly time to step back and prioritize but if you really wanna quit for a good job or just for yourself the best advice I have is just stay busy anytime you wanna smoke you just gotta find something anything to keep your attention long enough to get past the craving but for any daily or long term smoker unfortunately the first week week and a half it really dosent matter if you occupy yourself you will still have a very high monkey on your back or at least I did might not be so bad for others and as far as advice on sleeping HAHAHA yea after the first couple of days of terrible sleep you might be tired enough to get one ok night sleep other than that good luck

Hey there,

Thanks for your advice. I am sure it will be helpful to many people.

How far are you into your quit now? How is it going?

I am so happy to hear that your son is doing well after such a difficult start in life.

I think that staying busy and distracting yourself while you are quitting cannabis is really helpful.

Good luck to you too!
    Alice

Default Life is profoundly boring

Ha ha, I have news for you, life is profoundly boring! Thats why u started smoking weed.
    It makes you enjoy dopamine more, when u quit you are desensitized to dopamine so no more fun in anything, well not as much fun.
    After a long time you will regain your sensitivity to dopamine but you will always remember how much more fun things were. It will never go away.
    Thats why ur better off never taking any drugs in the first place, you just become accustomed to boring.

The best way to deal with things is to just watch the animals in nature, they don't expect anything to be fun, they just live.

Ur just a mobile bag of molecules on the surface of a rock flying through space, stop thinking you're so important.

Thumbs down It ****'n Sucks! Don't Read This!

I'm on day 14 and I'm sort of profoundly upset at the world. I quit cold turkey to be "normal" like everyone else. I figured I had an unfair advantage by smoking cause it improved my life on multiple levels:

- I've always had problems sleeping since I was a kid because of God knows what (anxiety? candy? stupid people? IDK). Weed corrected this.
    - I was always under weight, not in any danger zone but I was always the "skinny" guy, even though I always did tones of sports and have an athletic body type. I'm was very lean (under 10% body fat!!) but also "cut" muscle-wise. As far back as I can remember I never had much of an appetite either... eating only 1 or 2 main meals a day. It's all my body seemed to need. Weed corrected that. I could eat regularly and decent sized portions. I could feel my hunger and satiate it. I could put on a bit of fat (but never over 20%) and everyone thought I looked great. People would compliment how "healthy" I looked and that led me to not feel bad about smoking at all.
    - I was always considered socially awkward. The guy who doesn't smoke cigarettes, no alcohol, perfectly law abiding, etc... and hence, very few friends, no girlfriends. The problem wasn't me, it's that we live in a society were being bad is good (today it's truer than every). Smoking changed that. People seemed to enjoy my presence and I started making friends everywhere I went. I was still just being me, just a bit of weed seemed to make me more attractive. These weren't friends who I smoked with or around of... in fact most of them didn't smoke anything. Girls started paying A LOT more attention to me. I don't understand how that all works, I didn't need to be high around people, just needed to smoke a bit here and there and my social life in between was great!

Unlike a lot of long-time smokers that I hear about I never suffered any of the seemingly "lazy" side effects. In fact smoking made me more active, more out-going, more... interesting!? I wouldn't veg-out or lose interest of things over time.
    Basically I was a functional smoker who was almost always just a tad bit high. It got to a point where my high was my new normal. I couldn't smoke enough to actually feel "high", but I wasn't after that feeling... just the slight buzz from a puff was all I was interested in. It was very casual.. maybe too casual.

So after years of this, circumstances, and the desire to regulate my body chemistry is what got me here. Day 14 of going cold turkey. I hate it. I enjoy nothing. The first 2-3 days where tough, the vivid nightmares and a sudden drop in body weight (I lost 15lbs in those 2-3 days - I felt like an MMA fighter cutting weight - it's horrible), but I knew it was a question of mind over matter and I wanted to do this. Now I could sleep ok... I wake up after 8 hours, but nothing gets me out of bed, so I go back to sleep and end up totally 12 hours of sleep a day since... then there's the hunger... the terrible hunger. I'm always hungry ALWAYS! If I don't eat right away then the idea of eating starts making me nauseous and I don't eat at all... so I lose more weight. It's SO confusing because I still push myself to hit the gym and I'm as strong as before... but a lot lighter. I must have just lost fat-weight but I look a too lean for my taste WTF.

I can't stand playing video games - which is one of those things I live for (so to speak) during my leisure time. Life seem colour-less, bland, boring as all hell. I really believe life is normally boring. Social inequities, corruption, fake news, facebook... all this social garbage making lunatics richer and the masses more miserable. And for what? There's no reason today why the entire planet isn't a paradise on earth... "we have the technology, we can rebuild it" but is it just me? a symptom of being "normal" again? I just don't get how f*cked up the world is. It's like I've woken up to this horrible world... which makes me understand why so many feel the need to numb it. I'd rather smoke a natural plant than take chemically engineered pharmaceuticals for the likes of human garbage like Martin Shkreli. F*ck us all.

So ya, it ****'in sucks. All I think about it "feeling" again but I can't see that happening anytime soon. Sure, substance abuse it a very bad thing, but abuse is rampant and everywhere you turn in much more insidious ways. Weed made me at peace with all that and allowed me to focus on my own life and happiness. Now I don't have any happiness. I feel more veg-like than ever without a bit of THC in my body. Ironic...

My real goal was to stop a while then start again, but in a much more controlled manner. Just on Fridays after work and/or Saturdays, the idea being to be able to get that big "high" again albeit only for a brief time. Everyone around me does this, but with alcohol. I can't stand drinking! Drink too much and you're TKO the next day... Drink in the evening and when that turns to sugar in your body and you can't sleep that night... and again you're TKO the next day. Drink too much and... liver damage, etc... but go figure, it's 100% legal. Thanks again greedy war mongering rich a**holes of this world. And ya... I seem to look at everything under a negative light now. Great!

I don't know where I'm headed anymore with all this, but I will say this. Real life sucks profoundly. Take the blue pill and be happy. Ignorance is truly bliss.

UK - The X Factor Society that Loves then Hates then Loves again to Blow in the Media's Wind!

Hi and welcome,

Although I must admit I'm not sure this is the right place for you, this support group is for people who want to quit and I'm really not sure it sounds like you do, most our users are here because they do want to quit and that's because on balance they have started to find the pros have stated to outway the cons sometimes just a little and sometimes an awful lot, but if you genuinely don't think that's the case for you and you genuinely don't want to quit then maybe you shouldn't at the end of the day it's your choice and one only one you can make.

The only other thing I will say is that although it may feel like longer 14 days without weed is very little in the grand time frame it can truly take to readjust from having spent a long time using. And that what you are experiencing now is not really a fair comparison of what life can be like drug free but rather what things are like during it's quitting and withdrawal period and low mood and irritability with nearly everything is very common.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

Anyhow it sounds like you may have some further thinking to do about what it is you truly want and whatever you decide I wish you the best,
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're not a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 12 years, because I Chose to be free from it's Control on me!

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising