+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18

Thread: Life without pot feels profoundly BORING now... is this common? Will it pass?

Quote Originally Posted by CryptoKrakken View Post
    Great idea that .... I have replied to there thread, I ended up finishing what I had left last night unfortunately but that's it, it's all gone now .... I've also made a little 60 day chart that I can cross off daily (helps stay on the wagon)

The first 7 days are the worst for me but normally feel much better as each day passes.

Going have a look at some quality country parks.
    Nice! I saw your post at the other thread. I hope the two of you reach your goals together. That 60-day chart is a great idea. Get your new buddy to make one for him/herself. GOOD LUCK!

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Thanks Hyzer ... I also think the chart is a great touch and it really does help ... the more crosses you have on the chart the more reason you have not to smoke.

I've messaged that other person ... just waiting on a reply.

My main focus now while doing this is to start making serious money crypto day trading

Peace

Almost 24hrs in without any cannabis and my body aches, eyes feel heavy but my mid is racing ... it's like I'm having a battle going on inside my head trying to rationalise a reason to get some.

I mean I had 1 joint last night but it was a 2g blunt (silvers) wish I'd smoked it like this all the time instead of using tobacco with it.

Everything is definitely boring without being high ... can't find any enjoyment watching tv .. I'm broke as I'm waiting to start a new job,

Reckon tonight is going to be quite hard.

Is this thread deador something

Quote Originally Posted by CryptoKrakken View Post
    Almost 24hrs in without any cannabis and my body aches, eyes feel heavy but my mid is racing ... it's like I'm having a battle going on inside my head trying to rationalise a reason to get some.

I mean I had 1 joint last night but it was a 2g blunt (silvers) wish I'd smoked it like this all the time instead of using tobacco with it.

Everything is definitely boring without being high ... can't find any enjoyment watching tv .. I'm broke as I'm waiting to start a new job,

Reckon tonight is going to be quite hard.
    4th of July in the U.S. yesterday. Lotta of folks doing things.

Hope your night was not anywhere near as bad as you were thinking it could be. One day into quitting, so your first sentence above is no surprise and "battle" is a good word to use. All those symptoms and the boredom will wane as the battle is fought. If your past history repeats, then your battle should ease a lot in a week or so. You can do it! Stiff upper lip as they say in your land. Join that gym, take that country walk. When you suck it up and do something positive, even if 99% of you says "just sit here and worry, etc" you WILL feel better and the biggest benefit is that it will have been without getting stoned. I'll be thinking about you all day...in a positive way.

Hi .... oh yes I forgot it was a day of celebrations, my night was long and couldn't really get into tv ... I slept okay except for waking a few times soaked with sweat (eww)

Today I met an old friend who had a doob ... I crumbled and had 3 puffs .. and thought it's not worth it it's a slippery slope, and handed it back ... so I failed a little.

However I'm still determined ... thank you and I Appreciate it ... I will keep everyone updated.

Te

Obviously you're experiencing that tug of war of "I want to quit" vs "I want to get high". I've read a few posts where it's the worst when you get high but cannot enjoy it because you're angry that you got high, but then when you're not high you're angry because you wish you were. That's crazy but maybe what needs to happen to finally get off the merry-go-round. All I am wishing for you is a place of long term well-being whatever your choices are. I think quitting and getting through it is the shortest path to that place but you know yourself best and will move on wisely. Postive thoughts for you!

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

Last edited by Hyzer29; 07-08-2018 at 06:16 PM.

I can certainly relate to this thread, everything feels joyless and boring at the moment, I’m 17 days clean.

One of the great things that I gained from being free of cannabis is to sit with and not struggle with uncomfortable or negative thoughts and feelings. There is certainly a trick for not hooking up on these thoughts, not getting involved with them, and not struggling (it makes you feel so much worse). One thing is for sure. These feelings are transient and they will pass.

In order to defuse your thoughts, it can be helpful to say to yourself 'I am having the thought that. . . ' or 'I am noticing that I am making the judgment that. . ' Do you notice that saying that in your head gives you some distance? Gives them less power?

It is not that these thoughts are 'wrong' or 'bad'. It is just that I daresay they are not getting you closer to vitality and so they are not helpful.

'Thanks mind! This is the story that life is boring and dull now and nothing feels good.' I know this old story and this too shall pass. :-) xx

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising