+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Life without pot feels profoundly BORING now... is this common? Will it pass?

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

My story sounds alot like everyone elses...quit weed for 4 days now, after smoking every single day for over 6 years...there was a 2 month period in between there when i was travelling that i went without but back home i was able to source weed for FREE and function in normal society. im a 24 year old female, i have friends i can hold down a job and im 2nd year university doing fine. the worst bit is that no one knows, no one realises.....my friends , we all used to smoke hardcore together, most grew out of it, some remain the same..but i got worse...i have anxiety normally but since quiting i havent strangly enough but i am just really fkn bored and sad...i guess i used weed to reward myself for everything, to escape from a shit day, i use it and i get excited, i like planning my days around that satisfying bong at the end of the day. However, the last few months , i began not to feel , anything...this is not depression...ive had depression before, this was numbness. music sounded the same, i never craved food i was even beyond the munchies. i want to feel again, i want to connect properly with people without substances and i dont want addiction to rule my life. this is my decision for quitting and im happy with it , but i cant deny the sadness i feel, like ive lost a good mate that was always there for me and understood. Im finding it hard to cope around the usual stoner situations so im avoiding them which leaves me here...reading forums/blogs to feel im not alone. im also reallllly over people saying its not addictive. im studying nursing and i know it is perhaps not physically addictive ( thank god...) but it is psychologically no doubt about it im living proof, any habit that takes over your life you will withdraw from, for whatever reason. Physical symptoms can come from quitting, i cant sleep, my dreams arnt even good lucid ones, they are scattered and not nice in general. Im mainly just sad. thank you for everyone for sharing, i hope my story helps people too..a small tip for anyone trying/thinking about quitting, write down why you are doing it, so when you are in a moment of weakness, you can see those words and not justify smoking again....besides i dont want to relive these 4 days thats for sure...i know my happines will return and i cant wait to lose that pang of addiction and know NOTHING can control me and that will beat any cone ive had im sure of it. maybe ill take it up again when im 50 but until i achieve everything i want in life, i dont want to wake up one day and realise my life went up in smoke and a haze of would be dreams. good luck everyone..choose YOU. xx
    Thank you so much, I can relate to almost everything you've said and your words are helping me a lot in feeling positive about quitting.

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Question Life without pot is profoundly BORING

whats a Corre report?
    Last edited by SRP; 10-11-2012 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SRP View Post
    whats a Corre report?
    I was wondering the same thing... I'm British too so I guess it's some American thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I was wondering the same thing... I'm British too so I guess it's some American thing?
    Google is not telling me, maybe it's specific to OP's chosen profession/employer?

Default Winner. Not a looser!

I'm only 20 and have been smoking 10-20 a day since school. Since I got my new job and they said a drug test might take place, I went cold turkey. It will be 3 weeks Thursday. 3 weeks is better than doing it...than saying it.i feel so much better and feel more alive and more active I just feel better good luck to every 1 who is trying. You don't need it. I think they the words that my boss said to me are the best words ever and I thank him cause I won't touch it again!

I smoked weed for seventeen years. I quit for about four months the first year, and then smoked off and on through the rest of high school. After high school, I doubt I missed more than two months worth of days all told. It wasn't till I was thirty-two that I stopped for even ten days, and that was simply because I was too scared to smuggle weed across international borders more than any desire to stop.

Eventually the financial and health burdens got so bad I just had to quit. It had made me prone to even minor colds constantly, and ravaged my allergies. It was making me suffer extreme anxiety whenever I was anything but completely baked. Any attempt to stop sent me into anxiety attacks paired with extreme sadness and boredom. Eventually I lost everything, including a car and friends so I couldn't even get weed. That was probably the best thing that happened to me in its own miserable way. The first month without weed I began to feel alive again, stopped crying and sleeping in every day. Stopped eating everything in the house each night from munchies. It was a good choice. I could also pass a drug test if anyone would hire me for a job. I had these feelings that all my problems in life were going to be magically fixed by sobering up from weed.

Well, nine months later I am stuck. I am completely sober, my only relapse was a gram over a few days several months ago that an enabling friend gave to me as a gift (I hadn't seen him months, nor since). Well at first it was exciting to get high again. I was able to really "feel" my music again, and sleep soundly without all those crazy dreams (any quitter knows what I am talking about). But then, the moment it was gone I felt guilt, shame and couldn't stop crying for an hour. And my lungs burned and my allergies were killing me.

So here I am, sober. Physically and mentally much healthier than my years smoking. I eat normal amounts of food. I don't hock up black phlegm every day. I haven't had a cold in seven months. But I am bored. And the person I was before I was an addict seems to be missing. That burst of life that came back early on seems to have faded into another kind of malaise. No one will hire me for any job since I wasted all those years finding ways to survive without getting an education or building a resume.

I am not sure exactly what the point of this story is, other than I am essentially completely frustrated that all the work and will power I have exhibited has ended up with me still craving the positive effects of weed. Of course I am extremely pleased that all the negative effects are gone. I don't have to take anti-anxiety meds any more, I don't cry, my lung health and diet are almost normal...I can honestly pass a drug test. I can honestly say I am sober. But I am not happy. I am not fixed. It didn't solve all my problems.

So is there hope for me? Will I get back any of my passions or interests? I give up hoping my brain will ever be back to normal. I know I am not as smart as I was, and my memory is permanently damaged. Oddly a side effect I did not expect was that after quitting weed I now have no urge to drink whatsoever, which has always been my fall back buzz. Is that normal? The mere thought of booze makes me feel tired and sick.

I'd just like to mention that I wrote the post above before deciding to register. I am interested in any ideas relating to what I've posted. It took a lot of time for me to come around to discussing this earnestly. The only people in my life do not understand at all, and think I am a "druggy", with my Mom even blaming my unemployment on her assuming I am still using. I honestly am not using and it makes me angry and sad to be accused of it. She also thinks I am an alcoholic even though I haven't really been heavily drinking for ten years. My girlfriend has never had any substance abuse issues so she also doesn't quite get the significance of my sobriety. I am terrified of getting hooked on anything so I won't take any chances now. Anything stronger than cigarettes or coffee is just not going to happen. Like, I am afraid of pills because I think I'd get the benefits of weed (euphoria, sleep, energy etc) without the negatives that pushed me to stop getting high. I am also afraid when I get in a comfortable position with work/home/life I will start using again.

In regards to passing a drug test....

My experience, as a heavy smoker, is it will take longer than 1 month of not smoking marijuana to clear your system. There was a time I actually made it a month without smoking, I bought a drug test and sure enough I failed for Marijuana. I failed so bad, the color changed immediately! The directions said the color will take 15 mins to change depending on how much of the marijuana marker is in my urine. Based on that test I'd say I personally would need to be marijuana free for maybe 2 months or more to pass a test.

Keep in mind I've been smoking for over 10 years and I'm willing to bet every time I burn some of the fat I'm carrying around I release a bunch of marijuana chemicals into my system which end up in my pee thus making me fail a drug test.

Hopefully your body is different than mine!

shipwreck-- I totally get what you are saying. sigh. I Am right now in the negative effects of still smoking- which is I crave it constantly, smoke constantly- crave it 1/2 hour later. My lungs feel HORRIBLE I have pains in my respiratory system I don't dream I am a slave to pot. And when I (rarely) quit- those things start to go away- and then yes this feeling of bordem-- I think the reality of it is it takes time for ones brain to recompose after so much smoking, and then it takes time for one to rebuild one's life so it is god again. I wish I could even be at that stage- I am so deeply entrenched in marijuana tar at the moment and just longing for sobriety yet stupidly terrified of it. I know sobriety is better than this yet I am terrified of letting go of pot which has become a hugs parasite on my life.

Quit about 9 days ago after 21 years of smoking almost daily. I am miserable. Music doesn't sound the same, I've got no interest in watching any of my vast movie collection, lost interest in playing my Xbox, my chronic neck pain is intensifying, not sleeping all the way through the night even with a sleep aid and sex isn't even as fulfilling. The list goes on. I just feel hollow. I find myself walking around the house looking for anything to occupy my time, but nothing interests me at all. NOTHING. It's very disheartening to her one person on here say they still feel this way after 11 MONTHS! I've read all of the positive affirmations and the "it will get better"s, but I'm just really regretting my decision right now to quit.

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising