Thread: I need to quit im destroying my life

Bob Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default I need to quit im destroying my life

I've been smoking heavy for ten years! I've lost jobs,
    Girlfriends ect and now I have to deal it to smoke it due
    Long term unemployment. Frankly it scares me to even
    Thinly about stopping but I realise I have to so this is good
    ... Right? I need advice.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Hello Bob,
    If you want a mind clean of drugs and a life that follows the same suit then you are most right. Quitting isn't easy, at all. That doesn't even begin to sum it up. If you've been using for 10 years then you need to break a behavior pattern 10 years deep, which is a daunting task all its own. You will feel like the odds are against you and you might even slip up a few times. I've told myself I am quitting many times only to end up doing it the next day. It's hard, but if you really want it you will find a way to make it through.
    Personally, I use a few tools to help me stay clean. I use these forums to read other peoples stories. You will feel better when you read things that you relate with. You will read stories that make you think that someone is telling your own story. I also exercise, a lot. It's good for you both mentally and physically. Even if you just go for a run in the morning or at night. Tell people you are quitting. When you tell people it becomes more real. It's no longer a little lie you tell to yourself. Those very people might be supportive as well. If they are smoking friends then, well...they might not be so supportive, but then again they still might. Use your judgement. I'm no authority on quitting. I stopped on 12/24/11 and I'm still going strong. If you can make it through week one and two then you generally get past the peak of the withdrawal symptoms. While it might get easier after two weeks still don't let your guard down. Having it down for even a little bit can end in starting over again. Be strong, what you're doing is incredibly respectable. Not many people want to give up something like bud. I don't even know you but I admire you none the less. Good luck, post on here, these are good people with some great advise.

Hi Bob and welcome to the forum,

It sounds like you need to have a good think about what you want out of life and what you need to be doing to get it, as you are probably aware if you continue as you are things are unlikely to change, perhaps write a list of all the reasons you want to quit and take it from there.

Take care and please keep us posted.

All the best,
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 13 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising