+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Crying - Is this part of the marijuana detox process?

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default Crying - Is this part of the marijuana detox process?

Hi,

I'm at day 12. I'm having bouts of crying throughout the day. I'm crying about things that should not make me want to cry. After I cry, I'm fine. Is this part of the detox process?

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

Bongwater

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

You are close, but not exactly right. Think of it more as part of the 'healing' process. Crying is your body's way of releiving a variety of stresses, and it works so good it is unbelievable. Cry it out, it feels good, as it should. You release a lot of bad energy when you cry and feel relief.

Yea.. day 14 for me and I still cry here and there. I get really emotional and I think thats what it is.. your brain is adjusting and you are getting your emotions back. If you think about it, when you get high, we get this false sense of happiness.. over time thats really gotta mess up our natural brain cycle right? Thats how I see it. Your brain is adjusting.

I'm on day 8.
    The first 3 days went unexpectedly fine, then depression took over. I'm crying tons of tears everyday, cannot help it. Feeling helpless. Got lost in bitter thoughts on a subway ride, couldn't help crying. The same happened when I went to a big store and got confused with too much info around and couldn't make a decision. Left the place crying, my self esteem was battered.
    I wonder how long this will last, I've always tried to avoid going to antidepressants or other psychiatric medication, have falsely tried to "cure" my self with weed -which got out of hand and dragged me into paranoia.
    I hope I 'll get away without using any medication. I used to have a nice life without any drug, I know how it feels, I want to get back that life. But right now it seems just impossible.
    I know that some physical training would help a lot, but right now I'm so sluggish I can't even get out of bed. Crying has been "first thing in the morning".
    Weed belongs certainly to the past, but present is so much painful.

I didn't cry but I did get bouts of real depression as I recall. It's been many years now since I quit, so I have to think hard about what it was like. You forget about it after a while and things get back to normal.

I am lucky to have a very supportive doctor, someone who is not going to put me on medication at the drop of a hat. One of my friends is a very good acupuncturist, and that helps. Acupuncture does not work for everyone, but if its a good therapist the chances are greater. The chinese herbs she gives me make the effects of the treatment last longer, and they are cheap. There is a variety of treatments out there for depression symptoms, its a real illness. I was in denial about having it for a long time, its better now everything is in the open. Good luck!!

2 days for me and ive cried more in them then my previous 32 years of life. and i agree, it lets it all out, once i started, i couldnt stop, but felt much better afterwards. i cant see it yet, but i know there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I cried a lot when i was kicking the habit. I think it's years of keeping feelings bottled up inside that come out because you are waking up from the weed dream, the haze where you have been living in for all those years. When you were high (at least for me), you don't really care about much because you get satisfaction for doing no effort at all. But don't feel bad about it, just cry it out. You'll feel better afterwards.

Try talking to the people who are close to your heart, people who know what your going trough. That helped for me.

Best of luck mate, don't give up!

yeh man, its really weird.

Over the past 10 years I only cried a handful of times and I only cried at funerals.

When I go without weed I find myself very emotional. The smallest things get me all messed up. Yesterday I was watching a Youtube video:

It totally made me start crying and messed me up good for hours. I thought about it before I went to bed and started tearing up again.

I did walk away with a good message from Zach's struggle and that is to live life to the fullest and go do crazy stuff

so thats what I'm trying to do!

Default Several Days in and it’s Hell

Not sure when I quit,maybe 9 or 10 days ago. I had been smoking daily for a year and my tolerance was quit built up. I went from doing a .5 cartridge in a month to doing one in a day and a half. It just got too expensive. Now I am anxious as hell and I cannot stop crying. I’ve been thinking a lot about suicide. I just keep telling myself “it’s not real, it’s not real” “It’s just withdrawal and it will stop eventually” but it’s hard. Every day is torture and I am sick to death of crying! Ugh!

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising