+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else very lethargic after quitting cannabis?

Default Anyone else very lethargic after quitting cannabis?

Hi all,

So im on day 17 and I find myself getting very good sleep, but the thing is, I constantly want to sleep. Like for the past few days I have been taking 2 hour naps during the day, and when it comes to bed time I still knock out pretty easily and I can sleep for like 11 hours no problem.. then the next day, rinse and repeat.

Now it wasn't like this in the beginning. I too had the insomnia etc, but now its like the complete opposite, now im so tired all the time!

I'm not complaining either b/c I realize there are a lot of people on this rehab group that would probably love to sleep as much as I do, but I;m just curious if anyone else here is having the same experience as me.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

Also, I am often having very vivid dreams (I know this is a common theme). Just thought i'd put that out there.

Anyhow.. can anyone here relate?

To be honest, i'm kind of hoping that this will fade b/c I really want to get into a reagular 8 hour a day sleep cycle and have more energy to work on some stuff.

And this just popped into my head.. i'm a college student and right now im managing good grades, and to be honest, I have a lot of free time on my hands.. perhaps b/c I have so much free time I don't know wtf to do with myself so I try to sleep it off? err i duno..

any thoughts?

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Hey at least your getting good grades...i've been lethargic in a "mann I dont feel like doing ____, i can bang it out tommorow..."

I'm doin alright but im lazy as hell..I was lazier as a stoner too, but now theres no excuse..gata work on that shit...

Thumbs up

You are probably catching up on lost quality sleep that you didn't have while you were stoned. Most people need to get high before going to sleep, but the quality of sleep is not good. I don't remember dreaming when I was stoned. I'm on two weeks now, and I'm starting to dream (which basically means you are hitting deep realm sleep).

Taking two hour naps during the day will make you feel sluggish; you should only take, at the most, a 20 minute nap during the day.

Go to the bed at the same time and go to sleep at the time every day, including weekends. Try to sleep between 7 to 9 hours a day. Once you start doing this with only a 20 min nap during the day, you'll be back to a routine in no time.

The weed takes a huge toll on your body both mentally and physically.

bongWater

You have had some good advice here and, in my opinion, I think you seem to be coping very well. I know that I was the opposite and couldn't sleep at all when I was coming off marijuana. Do what your body is asking you to do and you won't go far wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Go to the bed at the same time and go to sleep at the time every day, including weekends.
    bongWater
    I meant go to bed at the same time everyday and wake up at the same time everyday.

Thanks all for the advice. I will keep you all updated if anything changes.. i.e, i stop feeling so lethargic. Spring break is around the corner and I have a flight booked for florida with some friends, I hope that this vacation will really help me with the weed withdrawal and just help me escape from reality.. I could use that right now. Thx all, good luck.

Totally relate to it Tuffluck. Totally... Oversleeping is a way to minimise exposure to one's own thinking patterns that have now come closer to the surface than they were before you quit. I dont think it's too much of a problem at this early stage (unless you say it is) though I would encourage you to consider starting an additional activity (sport, some other hobby, volunteer work etc?!) that would give you a really good reason to get out of bed a bit earlier each day. I'm facing a very similar situation and it seems as though keeping busy with multiple and varied rewarding activities is a great way to divert the mind from uncomfortable though patterns, many of which may be at an unconscious level.

Mega congrats on what you have achieved so far. :-D

Thank you very much. I am trying.. and boy can it be tough! But yea your right, sleeping too much at this point can't be too much of a problem. I think sleeping for me is a way of coping. I wish I could wake up every morning to a beautiful wife, a beautiful career, and all that jazz but lets face it, right now is not where I really "planned" to be. I think therefore my sleeping patterns are a bit of a coping mechanism. Anyhow, the good news is that if we all keep our heads up, one day we will def be where we want to be.. and when we are.. oh damn... its on

Default total exhaustion and no controlling it

i'm going through really bad fatigue right now to the point i would call it complete exhaustion. i'm on my 9th day off the weed (and cigarrettes using nicotine patches) and for the past 4 days i've been out of bed for maybe 5 hours and even then i'm just lying on the couch. i thought i was doing great i had a week at work (4 12 hour shifts) when i'd never had so much energy and enthusiasm, then my first day off i slept for nearly 24 hours i was shocked about that, then when i got up i felt fine till i started doing things then i got really breathless and had to lie down, severe cold sweats started and i went back to bed and slept all day again. i could not even force myslef to get up even though i had lots to do. mentally i feel ok not depressed or sad or whatever i wish a felt ok but just so very weak and tired i'm sure if i was up and about i'd actually drop/faint. it was the doctor told me it was cannabis withrawal i was relieved about that i thought something was really wrong maybe oxygen or blood sugar levels. somehting else that shocked me, a close friend has quit at the same time as me smoking weed was holding us back in life and we set a date to stop 6 months ago(makes it easier mentally when the time comes,almost looking forward to it) he is younger than me and although smoked just as much not for as long as me, he is only 23 and developed pluirisy after 2 days off it, he had his lungs x-rayed at the hospital and a bunch of doctors were shocked his lungs looked like someone who had smoked 40 cigarrettes a day for 40 years, frightening that's what will keep me off it.

Dear Guest,
    Maybe a health food store can help. I've read that a lot of people on this rehab group go that route...
    Feel better

Robin

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising