+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Recently just quit weed, eye problems

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default Recently just quit weed, eye problems

I have smoked weed for a year constantly with no breaks and i started out smoking it 1-2 times a day for 2/3 of the year and 3-4 times a day 1/3 of the year. I only smoked high grade medical. I recently quit 3 days ago and for those 3 days my eyes have been horrible. There constantly glossy, irritable, occasionally turn pink/reddish, and my vision is constantly non-stop distorted. I also did LSD 4-6 times during the year.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

Every time I would get high off of either I would always see visuals every single time no matter what the amount. When I first quit I was a little weirded out that I was seeing some of the same visuals I would see when I was high (my vision sees everything in transparent dots of flashing color). I know its only been a short time but I was concerned and decided to look up my symptoms of the visuals to see if I could find anything. What I found was I appeared to have the same symptoms of: Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder (HPPD).

Has anyone here has suffered slight visual distortions like I described and/or irritable eyes like I described when sober while quitting even if it was only short term?

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

I know marijuana can relieve the symptoms of glaucoma, and sometimes drug use mask the symptoms of various problems, could your use have been masking the symptoms of something else, I don’t know I am just wondering, also people can experience all kinds of weird symptoms when they quit which can be incredibly diverse, maybe it is just the HPPD thing as pot is one drug which can really mess around with perception, if in doubt though it’s best to consult your doctor.

All the best,
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 13 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

I actually had HPPD for a very long time. Im 26 years old and when I was 18 I did some extacy, shrooms, LSD, and pot all in one night. My life has never been the same ever since. I went through some really intense stuff that last closed to 2 years. During that time I quit pot, cigarettes, drinking, and made a lot of life changes.

What you described to me does sound like HPPD (transparent flashing dots). I get this still when I look at the sky and sometimes white walls. However, I will say my anxiety problems have toned down a lot and now i am able to remember things.. overall I think i have recovered almost fully.

I have a lot to say about HPPD but I don't want to discourage you. And about the thing with doctors, most doctors will not acknowledge HPPD as a disorder.

My best advice is to stay away from all drugs and try your best to get healthy as possible. If you are spirital or religious, you need to pray as much as you can.

I wish I could say something very positive about the situation but if it really is HPPD its going to be an intense journey to recovery my friend. The good news is that you can recover.. there are a lot of success stories of people getting well again.

Good luck to you. I know how it is... it was one of the most, if not THE most difficult thing I have ever gone through.

Yeah my perception of reality has never quite gone back to normal although I have made significant improvement, but everything is still a little hazy and blur like, I have suspected all kinds of causes from DP/DR to my use of the drug triggering hormonal imbalances, etc, but I still don’t really know for sure, I think it has just changed something in my body/brain which I still experience to a extent even now, even though I haven’t used for years, some people do apparently experience that there’s always a bit of them still out there if they have used drugs heavily for a number of years look at old Ozzy even though he is clean now, you can often spot people who have done a lot of drugs. Still even now I think I am still making progress.

All the best,
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 13 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

I did a lot of looking around about this on the internet and from what I read I think I've always had a minor case of visual snow. I read a lot of visual snow stories and from what I could remember is that I've always seen those dots my entire life but only at night time. Sadly now I see them both during day and night times, and more extreme.

It could be because I'm still withdrawing from a year of heavy cannabis use cause I'm still coughing up phlegm and my eyes are still glassy and bloodshot (day 8 now) or it could be the LSD has permanently increased my visual snow or a combination of both.

Also from what I read about visual snow is there was a ton of people with visual snow saying cannabis only temporarily increased their visual snow, and out of all the looking around I did only 1 person claimed they had HPPD from only cannabis only and that was because he blacked out and had a horrible vomiting episode (something which I never had).

I did however find some people with visual snow claiming LSD and other hallucinogens permanently made it worse. So its now just a waiting game for me to see if the LSD did permanently damaged it.

Anyways thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

and another thing to add is my perception of reality is not altered in anyway, it is just visual snow and nothing else. But like I said I'm having all those symptoms with my eyes and still only just begun cannabis withdrawl so i have to wait and see if the LSD did anything.

I hope it clears up soon. Please keep us posted.

All the best,
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

Default Visual disturbances after quitting weed

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    and another thing to add is my perception of reality is not altered in anyway, it is just visual snow and nothing else. But like I said I'm having all those symptoms with my eyes and still only just begun cannabis withdrawl so i have to wait and see if the LSD did anything.
    I recently quit smoking weed after daily use for about 3 years. It's day 6 and my vision is like you described. It's spotty and just off in general but at the same time I can make things out clearly. This is certainly frightening but I have a long way to go for full detox. Guess I'll just have to see if it improves.

It may be wise to see a doctor too, while this may well be and in most likelihood is related to withdrawal of the drug when it comes to visual disturbances then it's probably best to consult a medical professional, especially if it persists. It's always better to be safe than sorry.

All the best,
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising