+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Managed to quit weed, How long does paranoia & anxiety last?

Caine Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default Managed to quit weed, How long does paranoia & anxiety last?

This could be a much longer story, but I'll keep it short and you can ask extra questions if needed.

After being single for 5 years I met a new girl in mid Nobember 2011.
    I had been smoking weed almost everyday for 10 years, (but on and off for 20 years total).
    I also smoked cigarettes.

I managed to quit the cigarettes and the weed by mid January this year (2012).
    By mid February my new partner & I were starting to have issue's in the relationship, which we eventually figured out was due to me feeling some anxiety and paranoia.
    For instance - when we first got into bed to sleep, she would have her back to me. This would bother me and wind me up.
    We now live together and things are still the same - She'll get in from work and not come over to kiss me. Which is fine and shouldn't bother me. After all, she doesn't HAVE to kiss me when she get in from work, but it starts my mind thinking why she didn't.

I know this sounds a little obsessive and needy, which I hate and is why I am writing on here. I'm not an obsessive guy.

We have discussed this and I've been really honest with her, I don't want to push her away.
    I have a doctors appointment in a few days and will see if there is anyone I can talk to.
    It's like I can't switch my brain off and stop it from thinking about things, worrying and looking into things to deeply.
    Do you know any techniques to help? Cos all of this just makes me think "maybe I should end the relationship and save her the hassle and just go back to smoking"

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Meditations help calm the obsessive thoughts...

Robin

Hi, can you provide an update? Your story is our story. I'm the girlfriend. The two examples you gave are right out of my life. My boyfriend still smokes and ingests food products (candy, sugar). The paranoia is destroying us. It's been almost 3 years and I just made the connection to pot last night. Were you able to find a solution?

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Hey People just Wanted to say i abused Cannabis for 6 years the Paranoia will always be there because it is in every Human beings mind its how u Deal with it what counts the more u Continue to worry the Worse it will get.

I lived with a man that was paranoid every day and it destroyed our relationship you can't reason with an insecure paranoid who denies it was weed ,I believe he doesn't smoke it now but is exactly the same with his new girlfriend ,I don't think it ever goes sway some men hide it but it comes out and very dangerous ,I would walk and not look back to anyone thinking it will get better it actually gets worse

Default Hope

Hi,
    I was a caregiver 14 yrs and grieved an additional 5-6 years and smoked all that time (20 yrs). I Decided it was making me paranoid and insecure and I had withdrawn socially. I have now been smoke free for more than a year and am feeling so much better. I can see I feel stronger everyday. It does take time to cleanse the body and mind especially from long time use but the body has amazing healing powers. I chose the better path and HIGHLY RECOMMEND GETTING CLEAN!

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising