+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: feel disconnected 50 days after quitting weed..plz help

bill1989 Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default feel disconnected 50 days after quitting weed..plz help

first of all i'm sorry for my bad english but i am a foreigner..i am 23y.o and i quit weed 45 days ago after 2.5 years of almost daily use( at least 1 joint per 2 days) i quitted because my ex-girlfriend asked it to me and i thought tha it was a chance to clean my mind..but it happened the opposite i think..i feel like an idiot since i quitted and like i'm not my self..when i am in conversation with my friends i have nothing to say because i cant think of anythink to say although before weed i was very talkative...it feels like I am completely unable to retain new information and all my knowledge went away...my short term memory is very very bad..and all day my brain is running in overdrive, imagining conversations I might have in the future or replaying past ones..what can i do to find my self again?i hate my life..i'm taking multivitamins b and omega 3's but i don't excersice..i'm not fat(78kg/209 pounds) but i am flabby(i have a lot of fat in my body) Has anyone same experience like mine??i really need some help...congatulations for this helpful forum!thanks in advance!

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Quote Originally Posted by bill1989 View Post
    first of all i'm sorry for my bad english but i am a foreigner..i am 23y.o and i quit weed 45 days ago after 2.5 years of almost daily use( at least 1 joint per 2 days) i quitted because my ex-girlfriend asked it to me and i thought tha it was a chance to clean my mind..but it happened the opposite i think..i feel like an idiot since i quitted and like i'm not my self..when i am in conversation with my friends i have nothing to say because i cant think of anythink to say although before weed i was very talkative...it feels like I am completely unable to retain new information and all my knowledge went away...my short term memory is very very bad..and all day my brain is running in overdrive, imagining conversations I might have in the future or replaying past ones..what can i do to find my self again?i hate my life..i'm taking multivitamins b and omega 3's but i don't excersice..i'm not fat(78kg/209 pounds) but i am flabby(i have a lot of fat in my body) Has anyone same experience like mine??i really need some help...congatulations for this helpful forum!thanks in advance!

45 days is too early to espect major changes. It took me at least a few months before I was back to normal. I am 6 months now and I am just about 100%. Be patient and give it a little more time. you will be fine don't worry

Hi and welcome,

Quitting weed can really upset the chemistry of your brain, I have heard of many cases where people say they can’t think straight and their memory is all messed up, etc. The good news is that if it’s only something you have experienced since stopping weed then it is just a withdrawal symptom and will pass, I know it can be really rough for a while but you will get through it, but whenever you need to talk or ask a question please feel free to post.

Take care and please keep us posted.

All the best,
    Cannabis Rehab Admin

If you wish to Use then Use, Your Body Your Choice, You're NOT a Criminal and I wish you well!

My Choice is to be Drug Rehabilitated for 13 years because I Chose to be free from its Control on me!

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

You really should exercise at least a few times a week, its good for you and makes the weed leave your system even faster. Also drink lots of water and try to only drink water if you can. Think about it your body is mostly made up of water so you will gain so much from drinking it as much as you can, and it makes the weed leave your system even faster as well.

Btw jogging has so far been the been way of exercising for me. I jog once every other day for 65 minutes with a couple few second breaks in between and then when I'm done I do push ups and sit ups until I physically can't anymore. That is literately all you need.

If you do decide to exercise how I posted make sure you give yourself at least a week or two of slowly getting used to it.

I felt the same way at about that amount of clean time. For me everything I had done revolved around getting high. I had to find new things to do, new friends to hang out with, new sources of excitement and fun. When I took the weed out of my life, there was a big void. Have to have something to fill it up...preferably something positive or else the new habit will be just as bad if not worse than that whole pot smoking thing.

Default I know how you are feeling

Quote Originally Posted by bill1989 View Post
    I started smoking when I was 13, and I am now 43. 30 years of pot smoking on a daily basis. I quit 65 days ago, and my head feels like its stuffed full of resin. I have been exercising daily because if I don't I will go crazy (elliptical machine and swimming). I feel lethargic and dumb too. We just have to keep at it and eventually we will start to feel normal again I think (although it might take longer for me since I smoked for so long). My sleep has been pretty bad - a lot of nightmares and sweating. I feel tired all day, especially in the afternoon. I am feeling aches and pains and am extremely irritable sometimes. My wife reminds me to be patient - you can't smoke for nearly three decades and expect to feel better immediately. My body also feels hot all the time, and at work I sweat like a pig. It isn't all bad - my lungs feel better than I ever remember, and my daughter notices the differences bigtime although she doesn't know what about my addiction (she is only 12).

All I can say is you are doing great - 45 days is a great start and hard to do. Drink tons of water, get plenty of sleep, and stay busy so that you don't obsess about not being able to smoke. You can do this! Read books, see movies and keep taking the vitamins. Your life will get better every day.

Default 51 days clean

I have hit day 51 clean now and the reason i stopped i think was mostly down to having a pannick attack, one night while around my friends smoking a J, i literally lived off the stuff, all day, all night, did nothing else with my days, weed weed weed thats all i thought about.. I smoked about an 8th a day of the strongest stuff i could get my hands on (i.e cheese) and im still feeling really spaced out and i only smoked it for 2 years but it was heavy, J after J after J.. I just went cold turkey the day after what i think may have been the pannick attack at my friends house.. I was bed ridden for days, i guess it was down to just quitting all of a sudden.. Its a major lifestlye change im going through so i just need to know if this is going to get better or what? I keep saying to myself it will but i just feel so down and depressed, someone please help meeee thank you! Oh im also 19 and weigh around 62kg.. So im not a big lad, 5ft 11" so theres not much fat for me to burn if i was to work out.. Any other suggestions???

Default something clever

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    I started smoking when I was 13, and I am now 43. 30 years of pot smoking on a daily basis. I quit 65 days ago, and my head feels like its stuffed full of resin. I have been exercising daily because if I don't I will go crazy (elliptical machine and swimming). I feel lethargic and dumb too. We just have to keep at it and eventually we will start to feel normal again I think (although it might take longer for me since I smoked for so long). My sleep has been pretty bad - a lot of nightmares and sweating. I feel tired all day, especially in the afternoon. I am feeling aches and pains and am extremely irritable sometimes. My wife reminds me to be patient - you can't smoke for nearly three decades and expect to feel better immediately. My body also feels hot all the time, and at work I sweat like a pig. It isn't all bad - my lungs feel better than I ever remember, and my daughter notices the differences bigtime although she doesn't know what about my addiction (she is only 12).

All I can say is you are doing great - 45 days is a great start and hard to do. Drink tons of water, get plenty of sleep, and stay busy so that you don't obsess about not being able to smoke. You can do this! Read books, see movies and keep taking the vitamins. Your life will get better every day.

I just wanted to say sir that what you said is really inspiring, I quit about a month and a half to two months ago and being 15 I've been constantly worrying that this feeling of disconnection that plagues me will haunt me for the rest of my life, you've given me hope, thank you.

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising