+ Reply to Thread
Page 109 of 109 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1090

Thread: How long do marijuana withdrawal symptoms last

Are you taking B vitamins? That can sometimes make your pee a strange colour?

Maybe you should go and see your doctor? He / she would know more than we would. Have you Googled it?

Congrats on your quit.

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Micky b Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default B

Been smoking weed since ten or eleven didn't give a moment thinking about really nothing else except doing usual lad stuff now am 31 this year bean off bud 4 months wen I was about 22 started taking pain killers for pain in my body I reckon the pain was caused by smoking loads of weed then got depression around the same time weed helped with pain I thought does but it can cause pain to I think you just block it out cause your stoned now am going threw crazy withdrawal s anti depression tablets am on sleeping pills and diazepam's mates out there if I new this was what was to come I would of never touch ed weed and if you stop don't tern to cigges am smoking nearly thirty a day I don't get no pleasure out of it don't wen it will stop the younger you stop the better not every is the same but long term use is hard on you just keep of it mates

Hi Micky B,

It sounds like you have been through a lot and I can imagine that it would be hard to quit if you began at such a young age. It is never too late! And as you say, the younger the better. Many people find that things get a lot better at about the six week mark, so hang in there. But yes, it is common to find no pleasure for a while. You are in the process of rewiring your brain and rebuilding your dopamine pathways. It can feel a bit clunky for a while, but I think you will find that it is worth it.

Are you still taking diazepam and sleeping tablets?

Sending you the best wishes for your recovery
    Alice

Helena Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default severe insomina

I am a 68 year old female; Was given medical marijuana for severe arthritis; I used 5 grams of mj every 6 months. I decided I wanted dream time so I quit on Sept 16th. I did NOT have startling dreams....more of regular types of dreams.....I was ill, no appetite, and mild insomnia. I have been clean for 6 weeks but have developed raving insomnia NOW. I get maybe an hour and 15 minutes sleep per night, have some jitters, restlessness etc during that sleep. My physician has given me rx's for sleep drugs, but NONE of them work. I am irritable to say the very least. I cycle an hour and a half every day...I eat properly and don't use coffee, though I do drink green tea in the morning, 1 tea bag. At this point I am wary of driving. My husband is ill and I need to be there for him, but am rendered almost useless because of lack of sleep.
    I know that with drawl in the elderly can be lengthy and very serious. Does anyone have any suggestions?

h

Hi Helena,

Nice to meet you. I am not aware of the serious withdrawal effects in the elderly, but I am wondering how you are managing your arthritis without the medical marijuana? I know that it can be very beneficial in some conditions. Do you have other medications that help with this?

I also haven't had a lot of experience with the insomnia caused by withdrawal from cannabis. If anyone else has any advice, please chime in. I do have some concerns about the medications that the doctors may be giving you for sleeping as they can be addictive. I was prescribed melatonin (which is a natural supplement) from a doctor, when I was having trouble sleeping a couple of years ago.

Irritability is understandable when you are sleep deprived and also withdrawing from cannabis. It should pass with time. It sounds like you are about 6 weeks into your quit, which was when I started to feel a LOT better.

Do you have other reasons for wanting to give up medical marijuana? What effect did it have on your life?

Hope you feel a bit better soon. It sounds like you take care of yourself in other ways with your cycling etc. Sleep can be a tricky one, but it is so important to your daily life. Do you nap during the day?

Cheers,
    Alice

Helena Cannabis Rehab Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Alice View Post
    Hi Helena,

Nice to meet you. I am not aware of the serious withdrawal effects in the elderly, but I am wondering how you are managing your arthritis without the medical marijuana? I know that it can be very beneficial in some conditions. Do you have other medications that help with this?

I also haven't had a lot of experience with the insomnia caused by withdrawal from cannabis. If anyone else has any advice, please chime in. I do have some concerns about the medications that the doctors may be giving you for sleeping as they can be addictive. I was prescribed melatonin (which is a natural supplement) from a doctor, when I was having trouble sleeping a couple of years ago.

Irritability is understandable when you are sleep deprived and also withdrawing from cannabis. It should pass with time. It sounds like you are about 6 weeks into your quit, which was when I started to feel a LOT better.

Do you have other reasons for wanting to give up medical marijuana? What effect did it have on your life?

Hope you feel a bit better soon. It sounds like you take care of yourself in other ways with your cycling etc. Sleep can be a tricky one, but it is so important to your daily life. Do you nap during the day?

Cheers,
    Alice
    Hi Alice,
    Thank you for answering my post. I quit cannabis because I felt my personality was changing, I did not like my "bitchy" self and now into week 7, I am happy to say that my old personality is back...for the most part. I got about 2 hours restless sleep last night which is better. I don't nap during the day. That would take away my sleep from the night.

I use topical capstan for arthritis and grease myself down as well as capstan tablets. Surprisingly the more movement, the less pain. Mornings are a bit horrible but yoga helps.

I was reading MA, one fellow posted that he was 69, had used cannabis for many years and was suffering (at the two month free period) the same type of insomnia as I am. It is an electrical, zingy type of insomnia....and since today is Halloween-it is like having an electrical grid around my head and body. Very tense nerves, an inability to relax...ringing in the ears.....etc.

I am a small woman, 5' 2, and don't weigh a lot. I know that I did not smoke a lot compared to the posts I have read. Also, I have an addictive personality so day one....I was addicted because I wanted to be. I loved it but missed the dream time and the "peaceful me." It was only meant to be an experiment for a year....stretched out to five....so very glad I gave it up. BUT had I known about the severe sleep deprivation I would have made a different choice.

I would like all those young people on this page to know about sleep depravation which has it's own side effects. Nothing is free in this life.....everything has consequences no matter what others choose to tell you. My physician told me that it was not addictive.

No one on this forum wants what they have NOW.....don't wait till you are 68 to change it. Do it now. That goes equally for people who are addicted and those who are not because the effects are the same for both.

Helena

Hi Helena,

No worries. It is so good to hear that your personality has returned. I am sorry to hear about your sleep though. So many people have problems with sleep when they are quitting cannabis. I feel like I should do some deeper research into this problem. I do know that as you get older, people have a tendency to sleep less, so I imagine that quitting cannabis is exacerbating the situation.

I am so sorry that you have been feeling so crappy. I know that it is hard, but I really think that this is only temporary and you have some good reasons for quitting. I know from experience how hard it can be to function during the day if you are seriously sleep deprived. I hope that you will be kind to yourself and engage in some relaxing activities - I am thinking a bath, or meditation / mindfulness, or other very peaceful things, since that seems to be what you are seeking. Maybe it is a good opportunity.

When I was sleep deprived, I think it was because I was very scared and I couldn't turn off the system inside that was on alert. I am not sure what the cause of your insomnia is, but I am wondering if breathing exercises before bed could help. Doctors also suggest sleep hygiene practices. I think that over time your sleep will get back into shape. Mine took a little while too, but it did get much better.

I think you make a good point about not waiting to quit. The sooner that we quit, the better, and it is great advice! Thanks

Have a peaceful / relaxing day / evening.
    Alice

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default Uh when will it end

I'm on day 10 no weed, I wake up everyday with horrible anxiety that all starts because as soon as I wake up my stomach hurts so bad, I have constant diarrhea nothing stops it,pepto,immodium,kaopectate nothing!! Tell me it will end soon, I can take the sadness lack of sleep ect but the shits have to stop

Hi there,

I am sorry you are feeling so crappy. You might find a post just posted by another member helpful. IAmTheStorm had some really strong withdrawal effects early on in her quit. According to her timeline the diarrhea and GI problems resolved themselves in the second month. You can see her post here: https://www.cannabisrehab.org/forums...out-my-husband! Have you found any other people with similar symptoms to yours?

I know it is hard, but it is just the withdrawal effects from cannabis and it will pass with time. Have you tried eating really bland foods like crackers, oatmeal or plain toast? It sounds like you have tried lots of things. I am sorry you feel so crappy.

The best thing I can say, is hang in there. It will be worth it. And when you are quit, you won't have to go through this again.

Take care,
    Alice

Default Hang in there

I originally found this thread in Feb. 2012 when I was about 6 weeks into a bad withdrawal which did take several months but I got back to normal again. I was smoking every day for over 10 years. I had crippling anxiety, it was so bad that I couldn't work for over a week or so and I was living one minute to the next wondering if it will ever end. It did, slowly but surely.

I try to come back here to tell people "There is light at the end of the tunnel, I'm living proof" because one of the things that kept me up all night reading this thread while I was suffering (just like some of you are now) I was looking for people that were better after suffering through the terrible withdrawal symptoms that weed can cause (even though doctors will tell you different).

I seem to have let a couple years pass before I was here last, but fear not! You will get better! it just takes time.

Quote Originally Posted by Helena View Post
    I am a 68 year old female; Was given medical marijuana for severe arthritis; I used 5 grams of mj every 6 months. I decided I wanted dream time so I quit on Sept 16th. I did NOT have startling dreams....more of regular types of dreams.....I was ill, no appetite, and mild insomnia. I have been clean for 6 weeks but have developed raving insomnia NOW. I get maybe an hour and 15 minutes sleep per night, have some jitters, restlessness etc during that sleep. My physician has given me rx's for sleep drugs, but NONE of them work. I am irritable to say the very least. I cycle an hour and a half every day...I eat properly and don't use coffee, though I do drink green tea in the morning, 1 tea bag. At this point I am wary of driving. My husband is ill and I need to be there for him, but am rendered almost useless because of lack of sleep.
    I know that with drawl in the elderly can be lengthy and very serious. Does anyone have any suggestions?

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

h
    Have you tried taking benadryl? I would suggest taking 50mg about an hour before going to bed. It takes about an hour or two for peek blood levels to be reached for the full effect. This causes drowsiness and should help you sleep. It's also in most of the over-the-counter sleep aids in it's generic form of Diphenhydramine. Also, has your Dr. tried you on Trazodone? It's an old anti depressant that is now only used off label for sleep, it's safe and non addictive. Also, 5 grams every 6 months doesn't seem like it was that much. Insomnia could also be caused by subluxation in your upper neck. Do you see a chiropractor? The C1 Atlas (Top of the neck), if misaligned, can press on a nerve going to the brain to cause insomnia, anxiety and depression. If it's misaligned, after it's adjusted the results will be felt almost immediately.

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising