+ Reply to Thread
Page 114 of 122 FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114 115 116 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1214

Thread: How long do marijuana withdrawal symptoms last

Hi John and Hyzer,

It is good to see you supporting each other at a similar stage in your quit. My experience with the sleep disruption was that it was definitely the most enduring of my withdrawal symptoms. I am sorry to say that I noticed some disruption to my sleep up to about 7 months, which sounds like a very long time, but it did improve considerably in that time. At the end, I would maybe wake up with a jump from a nightmare or vivid dream once a night and found no trouble getting back to sleep, but I did notice it.

I take an anti-depressant which does impact on my sleep. It generally sends me to sleep and puts me into a deep sleep, but like you, I would steer clear of pharmaceuticals for management of sleep. They can be incredibly addictive and I would hate to see you go down that path. I think that if melatonin works, that you should definitely try that. It is not addictive and there is no reason not to take it.

I would also always recommend getting some psychological support. Whether it is a drug and alcohol counsellor or a psychologist trained in ACT and CBT, it is incredible how much this kind of support can help you to grow as a person. I credit my long term success with both cigarettes and cannabis to the work that I did as a result of going to therapy. It is important to find the right fit, but it is amazing how helpful it can be.

You asked if once it got better, the symptoms came back? I would say that things got progressively easier and once I was out the other side of the sleep disruption, I haven't noticed anything like it since.

Hang in there! You are doing great
    alice

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

John,

Again, many thanks. You are a good thinker and put thoughts into words well. Your helping me feels good and I hope you knowing that brings you good feelings too.

I am going to look into my local MA group and consider that possibility. As you said, addiction at MA is foremost and that part of withdrawal is not even a challenge for me but I think the overall experience there offers benefits.

Interesting also your comment that insomnia is so widespread, even when no addiction/withdrawal is present. I think this especially true for those over 60 yrs old. My wife (62) battles insomnia and has no addiction/withdrawal going on. Even before this 9-month cannabis ordeal, my sleep was not ideal but it worked for me. I fell asleep quickly and slept solid for nearly 7 hours. I functioned highly like that, no pun intended!

I am not doing cartwheels or anything but last night was the first nearly normal night of sleep I have had in a while. I fell asleep pretty quickly and slept solid for 6 hours with no crazy dreams, sweating, etc. A normal night's sleep for me is about 7 hours so not too shabby. Hopefully, I can build on this. Wishing you your own night of “nearly normal” sleep!

Hyzer

PS - I did get your PM. I will look for that product.
    Last edited by Hyzer29; 03-06-2018 at 01:46 PM.

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default CBD free helped for me

If you are planning on quitting or need to smoke because of physical withdrawal symptoms you may want to get ahold of some cbd free canabis products, if you don't know for sure that it is cbd free stay away, cause you may just suffer later. The only Canabis products that are cbd free are recreational found in states with legal recreational products. The medical stuff is high in cbd it works for people who are fighting nausea from medications and illness, but if you don't suffer from ailments you may get used to this medication (not the high) then have withdrawals when quitting. I have found the night sweats and nausea only lasts about a day at most with non-cbd canabis where with unknown cbd content or medical, these effects lasted a week or more. Who would have thought legalizing weed would make it easier to quit?

Lol, thanks for the tip! Very interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Hyzer29 View Post
    John,

Again, many thanks. You are a good thinker and put thoughts into words well. Your helping me feels good and I hope you knowing that brings you good feelings too.

I am going to look into my local MA group and consider that possibility. As you said, addiction at MA is foremost and that part of withdrawal is not even a challenge for me but I think the overall experience there offers benefits.

Interesting also your comment that insomnia is so widespread, even when no addiction/withdrawal is present. I think this especially true for those over 60 yrs old. My wife (62) battles insomnia and has no addiction/withdrawal going on. Even before this 9-month cannabis ordeal, my sleep was not ideal but it worked for me. I fell asleep quickly and slept solid for nearly 7 hours. I functioned highly like that, no pun intended!

I am not doing cartwheels or anything but last night was the first nearly normal night of sleep I have had in a while. I fell asleep pretty quickly and slept solid for 6 hours with no crazy dreams, sweating, etc. A normal night's sleep for me is about 7 hours so not too shabby. Hopefully, I can build on this. Wishing you your own night of “nearly normal” sleep!

Hyzer

PS - I did get your PM. I will look for that product.
    Great for you for getting better sleep! I would give my right arm to fall asleep quickly and sleep solidly for 6 hours!!! lol...Maybe tonight....

I am very happy to be of help to you. Thank you so much for your kind words. I enjoy your posts and find them helpful for me.

I went to an acupuncturist/Eastern medicine practitioner today. She did an hour and a half evaluation (and actually did not stick me with any needles). She tested for all sorts of things and found that my GABA was quite low. Not surprising as it's one of the neurotransmitters affected by marijuana use and can cause insomnia, anxiety, etc. She gave (sold) me a supplement that supports GABA production---it's not GABA itself. I've taken 2 pills today and I can really feel a difference in my mood. The fog has lifted a bit as well as my spirit. I'm about to find out shortly if I will sleep any better.

Sweet dreams to both of us!
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Alice View Post
    Hi John and Hyzer,

It is good to see you supporting each other at a similar stage in your quit. My experience with the sleep disruption was that it was definitely the most enduring of my withdrawal symptoms. I am sorry to say that I noticed some disruption to my sleep up to about 7 months, which sounds like a very long time, but it did improve considerably in that time. At the end, I would maybe wake up with a jump from a nightmare or vivid dream once a night and found no trouble getting back to sleep, but I did notice it.

I take an anti-depressant which does impact on my sleep. It generally sends me to sleep and puts me into a deep sleep, but like you, I would steer clear of pharmaceuticals for management of sleep. They can be incredibly addictive and I would hate to see you go down that path. I think that if melatonin works, that you should definitely try that. It is not addictive and there is no reason not to take it.

I would also always recommend getting some psychological support. Whether it is a drug and alcohol counsellor or a psychologist trained in ACT and CBT, it is incredible how much this kind of support can help you to grow as a person. I credit my long term success with both cigarettes and cannabis to the work that I did as a result of going to therapy. It is important to find the right fit, but it is amazing how helpful it can be.

You asked if once it got better, the symptoms came back? I would say that things got progressively easier and once I was out the other side of the sleep disruption, I haven't noticed anything like it since.

Hang in there! You are doing great
    alice
    Alice,

You are so great with your posts of support and encouragement as well as sharing your experiences. So wonderful!

As I mentioned to Hyzer, I went to an acupuncturist/Eastern medicine practitioner today. She did a thorough evaluation and found that I had low GABA--a neurotransmitter associated with dopamine and affected by pot use. I have started taking a supplement that supports GABA production in the body. Low GABA can cause a variety of problems, including insomnia and anxiety. Sooooo....I took two pills today and I definitely feel a difference in my head--less "foggy" and in a better frame of mind generally. We'll see if it helps me sleep.....

Do you have any thoughts you're willing to share on how your anti depressant impacted your withdrawal symtoms? Just curious here....

Hope you are getting better from your procedure!
    John
    Last edited by JWC; 03-07-2018 at 02:01 AM.

Thanks John,

I find your research into GABA very interesting. I really think that the more that we know about how this addiction and how the withdrawal affects us, the better position we are in to quit for good. Knowledge is definitely power where addiction is concerned!

It is so good to hear that your GABA supplement had some effect on your foggy thinking. I hope it helps with sleep as well. I had a great deal of that foggy head when I was giving up, but it did pass with time (at about 6 weeks for me).

The antidepressant I am on was actually originally prescribed to me to help me to quit cannabis. Research has shown the mirtazapine can be of great assistance when quitting cannabis (and I daresay tobacco), because it can significantly reduce some of the withdrawal symptoms - particularly the irritability and maybe that bored, disinterested state of mind as well. It just allows you to 'put up with more' than you might otherwise, perhaps. I should read some of the scientific literature.

It comes with a few side effects of its own - weight gain, difficult to get off it, increased sleep requirements etc, but it has helped me to be three years free of tobacco and tomorrow two years free of cannabis. I do think that I would have been able to do it without mirtazapine, because it is incredible how I learnt the skills that I needed to start and continue with cessation, but it definitely helped.

Next, I guess I have to get off the antidepressant (AD). I am not all that keen to come off it to be honest, because it also cleared up a lot of social anxiety that I used to feel before I started taking it. My psychologist would say that I could learn those skills as well, and I am sure I can. I can do anything, but it has helped a great deal. It is going to be hard to come off it (physical withdrawal), and especially because I have been on it for about 10 years now, but I will do it (at some point)

I hope that answers your question! Sorry for rambling Let us know how the GABA helps with your sleep. It might take a little while to kick in? Sleep can be a little bit of an enigma.

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default withdrawal after tincture

Hi everyone, this forum has helped to clear a lot of stuff, still got a question. I seem to be suffering from nearly all the symptoms mentioned here, but I'm not a smoker. I used tincture for about 5 months daily for pain related issues. Is it still possible to get withdrawal symptoms? Thanks a lot for your views and answers.David

Hi David,

I don't have any personal experience with tincture, or even know anyone who has used it. I would assume that the active compounds that affect our brains and bodies from smoking cannabis would be the same active ingredients in a tincture. Therefore it makes sense that you would have the same withdrawal symptoms.

How long have you been off the tincture? The withdrawal symptoms are only temporary, that is one good thing!

If anyone else has any experience in this area, it would be great to hear your experiences.

Cheers,
    Alice

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

Hi John and Alice,

I've been at my mother-in-law's for days. She has no computer nor do I have a smartphone so I got off the grid for awhile. Maybe y'all thought I fell asleep and was enjoying a huge catch-up on that elusive pleasure! Wish that were true. Actually, my sleep has turned somewhat for the better but still some ups and downs. No more panic, nightmares, terror, or grinding, tiring dreams. I just cannot get to sleep and stay asleep. I think some fear has developed that when I do slide into the "other world" something horrible awaits me. I'm working on that. My day-times seem to have less and less irritability, anxiety, depression. That's a relief. (Day 62 off cannabis)

John, in your March 7 post, your GABA supplement sure sounded promising. Hope your early results have continued. I have always believed in alternative medicine so the Eastern acupuncture visit seems a logical call.

Alice, from reading so many posts on this forum I can see you've overcome a lot and are a "rock" to many folks here. Don't sell yourself short on being able to stop the antidepressant (as you mentioned you might try in your March 7 post). If you decide that's your route then I expect you'll be coaching others here on how to successfully deal with that.

Hyzer29

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising