+ Reply to Thread
Page 115 of 122 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 113 114 115 116 117 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1214

Thread: How long do marijuana withdrawal symptoms last

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hi everyone, this forum has helped to clear a lot of stuff, still got a question. I seem to be suffering from nearly all the symptoms mentioned here, but I'm not a smoker. I used tincture for about 5 months daily for pain related issues. Is it still possible to get withdrawal symptoms? Thanks a lot for your views and answers.David
    Hi David,

I agree with Alice's statement, "I would assume that the active compounds that affect our brains and bodies from smoking cannabis would be the same active ingredients in a tincture."

The tincture would have been affecting your endocannabinoid system, thus the withdrawal when you stopped, as this system is trying to re-balance. When did you stop the tincture?

From American Addiction Centers website: "The (withdrawal) symptoms described by the American Psychiatric Association indicate that the most salient symptoms of withdrawal will present themselves in individuals who use marijuana daily or nearly daily for at least a few months."

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

Based on that quote, your 5-month period of tincture use was certainly long enough to produce withdrawal symptoms. Also, if you felt none of the symptoms you have now before you used the tincture, then it seems logical to conclude your use of the tincture is the culprit. Some folks smoked weed for so long they cannot remember what they felt like before starting the habit. But you, just 5 months ago, should have a great recall of your moods and normal daily life. My use was only 9 months ago so I can easily recall that then, I had none of the withdrawal symptoms that hit me when I quit smoking weed. Before my pot experiment I might have had a mildly bad night of sleep once every few months or a day once in awhile when I felt irritable, etc but nothing like what rolled over me when I quit smoking pot.

What you are feeling is manageable. Everyone is different in their recovery pace but you will feel better. I hope your recovery pace is a fast one! Keep us informed, buddy.

Best wishes,

Hyzer29
    Last edited by Hyzer29; 03-13-2018 at 12:08 PM.

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Hey Hyzer,

Good to hear you are still hanging in there. Good for you. And thank you for your thoughts regarding my anti depressant. You are right. I will be fine.

I just wanted to share my experience with you regarding the something evil on the other side of sleep. I had a bout of that a few years ago and it was really scary. I wouldn’t let myself fall asleep because I thought that I would die or that there was something evil on the other side. It affected my life in a huge way and after some time I could barely function from sleep deprivation.

The fact of the matter is that there is nothing evil on the other side of sleep. We often hallucinate or have strange phenomena during sleep or the onset of sleep but my psychiatrist told me that this is very normal and just a product of the body’s transition into sleep.

I think it is important to tell yourself that you are okay, both when you are awake and when you are falling asleep. If you ruminate over the perceived evil in the other side, that is what will be written on the blackboard of your mind. The more you tell yourself that you are safe, the easier your sleep will become.

I still get some Hypnic jerks every now and again and my mind still does jump to conclusions but usually I can challenge that thought and have a good night sleep.

Good luck!
    Alice

Hi All,

David--
    was the tincture psychoactive? Like, did it get you high or buzzed? If yes, then withdrawal symptoms are not unusual. If it was not psychoactive, then I'm not sure. At this point for me, I wouldn't even want to try any non-psychoactive cannabis product. Not worth the risk of it affecting me. (Admittedly, I don't know too much about the stuff, but I'm not even willing to go there. No cannabis products ever again for me....unless it's clothing.

I did use some tincture last Fall--around October. A friend of mine brought me some from the state of Oregon, where they have recreational cannabis. I actually liked it. No smoke, just need a little bit--it's very concentrated. You can measure it out quite accurately once you know the amount you like. BUT, it still is cannabis, which is now part of my past.
    So hang in there, David.

Hyzer--
    So nice to see your post! I was wondering about where you might have gone. Yes, I thought maybe you turned into Rumpelstiltskin! lol

Like you, my sleep has been better, but still with ups and downs. I have trouble falling asleep--it takes me a few hours, but then it's ok. I'll wake up and feel pretty awake, but then miraculously go back to sleep. Even though I am asleep, I feel the sleep is lighter somehow. I feel fairly rested in the morning....is this how sleep is without being under the influence? Perhaps....Last night was a bit more difficult. It took me longer to fall asleep and I ended up on the recliner for an hour. Fell asleep there, got up and went to bed. It seems once I actually cross that bridge into sleep, I'm usually ok.

Alice and Hyzer--
    Fascinating about this "something evil on the other side of sleep" bit. I dare say I feel a tiny fraction of this. I never would have described it as such, but I feel like there's something in my brain that just won't "let go into sleep". And sort of on a subconscious level I think things like, will I be comfortable? Will I be too warm or too cold? Will I have to go to the bathroom....which I do a fair amount of during those first few hours anyway! So, sort of like an low level anxiety.

Alice I like your suggestion about telling yourself everything will be ok. I think I have to do this more in general. Retraining the brain....

Hyzer--
    Yes, I am very happy with the natural medicine so far. The supplements are helping. They are unfortunately not a miracle for sleeping. But they are helping with it and definitely helping during the day. I would recommend getting an evaluation to anyone to see what is going on in the body.

Thanks guys! Time for zzzzzz.....wish me luck!
    John

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default Increased heart rate

Hey all. I’m 41 and have been a daily smoker for 15 years, with maybe 3-4 month long breaks that entire time. I just quit three weeks ago and I’m experiencing all the things I’ve read about, trouble sleeping and moodiness mostly, but I’m most concerned about my heart rate increase. It seems higher than normal especially after I eat. Wondering if anyone had his symptom and if it went away over time? Thanks.

Hey there Unregistered,

I don't recall coming across your specific symptom of heart rate increase in all my perusing of withdrawal symptoms. It might be something you want to see your doctor about.

I am at 2 and half months cannabis-free and have been having some strange digestion stuff going on. Nothing too terrible--mostly just annoying. But usually in the eveing when I have dinner, I sometimes get restless and it somehow feels like a result of the food going down into my stomach. It does not increase my heart rate and it is subtle.
    This to say, that I think there can be an array of symptoms while your body is adjusting to no cannabis.

Hang in there and again, it might be worth seeing your doctor.

John

Hey there Unregistered, agreed with JWC on checking with doctor if the problem persists or worsens.

I've noticed unusual symptoms on me as well, included increased heart rate, but since they mostly relate to cannabis being a calming drug and faded or went away completely if I properly exercise and eat well and healthy, keeping my mind and body calm by maintaining natural rythm. If anything, checking your diet would probably be mandatory, but your doctor can always tell you what's best for you.

Good luck

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default headaches

Hi everyone, I use to smoke weed pretty much everyday for the past 1.5 years. The reason I stopped was because I started getting anxiety, something I never had before. When I stopped I experience a lost in appetite, depression, but right now after being about 2 months clean the worst symptom is the constant headaches. I got blood work done and everything came back negative and they didn't find anything wrong with me. I get them pretty much every day, some days they aren't so bad, but other days I feel like I need to go to the ER and just make sure everything is ok. They're especially bad when I go out and have to do something social. I don't necessarily feel anxious, but when my head starts to hurt, I get worked up and I can't stop thinking about how my head is hurting and this vicious cycle of my head hurting and thinking about it continues. Im typically a very outgoing and social person, but ever since I stopped, I've lost motivation to do anything social or to go out. I only go to work and go home nowadays. Im just wondering if anyone else has experienced these headaches that are constant and what I can do to cope with them and how long they can last.

Hi everyone, I use to smoke weed pretty much everyday for the past 1.5 years. The reason I stopped was because I started getting anxiety, something I never had before. When I stopped I experience a lost in appetite, depression, but right now after being about 2 months clean the worst symptom is the constant headaches. I got blood work done and everything came back negative and they didn't find anything wrong with me. I get them pretty much every day, some days they aren't so bad, but other days I feel like I need to go to the ER and just make sure everything is ok. They're especially bad when I go out and have to do something social. I don't necessarily feel anxious, but when my head starts to hurt, I get worked up and I can't stop thinking about how my head is hurting and this vicious cycle of my head hurting and thinking about it continues. Im typically a very outgoing and social person, but ever since I stopped, I've lost motivation to do anything social or to go out. I only go to work and go home nowadays. Im just wondering if anyone else has experienced these headaches that are constant and what I can do to cope with them and how long they can last.
    Sorry to read about your headaches. They have really created a frustrating situation for you. Hang in there. Yes, it's been a few months but I think you will see improvement.

The American Psychiatric Association lists headaches as one of the symptoms of cannabis withdrawal (last bulleted item below).

•Anger, irritability or aggression
    •Nervousness and anxiety
    •Insomnia or other sleep difficulties (vivid dreams.
    •Restlessness
    •Reduced appetite
    •Depressed mood
    •Physical symptoms causing significant discomfort, like shakiness, headaches, fever, sweating, chills or abdominal pains

The duration of withdrawal symptoms can vary by individual from a few weeks to months and certain symptoms can disappear with others hanging on. I'm at day 67 since quitting and still have some symptoms (sleep disruption mostly). In general, the frequency and intensity of my sleep withdrawal symptom has lessened but some days (actually some nights!) it is still quite strong and very worrying, as even you mentioned about your headaches, "some days they aren't so bad, but other days I feel like I need to go to the ER". Reading other posts on this forum shows that withdrawal symptoms can be stubborn and persistent but eventually go away.

Your anxiousness regarding your headaches seems appropriate. Who wouldn't be anxious about recurring headaches!? But, even some of that anxiousness might be fueled by withdrawal, also. A good coping technique is to keep track of your days, maybe simply rate each day on a scale of 1 (worst) to 10 (best). Without tracking each day, often what's remembered are just those bad days while the frequent decent days get forgotten.

In time, I am confident you will begin to have more and more headache-free-days and less and less days with headaches.
    Last edited by Hyzer29; 03-19-2018 at 08:54 AM.

Headaches are the worst!!

Sorry to hear you are suffering with them.

I have suffered from headaches/migraines off and on since I was 7 years old, (I am now 52) unrelated to cannabis. Thankfully the past 10 or so years have been relatively headache free--I don't get them nearly as often or with the same intensity as before. So I know how terrible and all-consuming they can be.

At two and half months cannabis free, I am grateful that I haven't experienced headaches as part of my withdrawal. But I am still experiencing withdrawal symptoms....trouble with sleep, a bit of depression, and some restlessness. I also am experiencing some digestive disturbance, which popped up about 5 or 6 weeks into my quit. I will gladly take this over daily headaches!

I think Hyzer has a good point about some of the anxiousness about your headaches being part of withdrawal. I find myself getting a bit anxious over some of my withdrawal symtoms. I really try to not let my brain go down that path. It can be difficult, but I remind myself that it is temporary and it can take several months for symptoms to go away.
    I also like his idea about rating your days. I too should do this as I tend to forget about the good days when I don't feel so depressed and good nights of sleep.

Are you taking anything for the headaches?? I really like 800 mg Ibuprofen. It's by prescription here in the States. And no matter what a doctor might tell you, I swear it's more effective than taking 4, 200 mg pills that you buy over the counter. And take whatever it is you might take at the very first sign of the headache.

Also, I just noticed below this box, in a box labeled, "Similar threads", that there is a thread called, "Headaches and marijuana withdrawal symptoms". Have you read it?

Hope this helps you a bit. Hang in there and keep us updated.

John

Hi Unregiesterd with headaches,

I took my own advice to you and read the headache thread. I found this post particularly interesting and thought you might be interested in it as well. Read below from Andie:

Hi All

Headaches are a big reason people relapse back into cannabis use. Including myself. Someone recently told me that cannabis withdrawal (and usage) can irritate /increase histamine levels in the brain and stomach. These are the areas where we have histamine receptors. Many of us have chronic headaches and stomach issues when we quit. I have done a little research on this and though its limited there does appear to be a possible link.

Anyway with regards to my headaches, general painkillers don't even touch the sides. So applying some logic to this current (and final) detox I have been using a daily anti-histamine for the last week. It has helped considerably and has significantly reduced the pain and noise in my brain. Still struggling to sleep but a great relief regardless.

Sorry for the not so 'scientific' information! But hope helpful.

Andie

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising