+ Reply to Thread
Page 118 of 118 FirstFirst ... 18 68 108 116 117 118
Results 1,171 to 1,178 of 1178

Thread: How long do marijuana withdrawal symptoms last

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    1) Stay hydrated. Very hydrated. If you're puking a lot when you consume water, have a friend bring you some IV saline solution and run IV's until your tummy settles down. Everyone has a friend or two who works in healthcare, so securing the IV supplies isn't difficult at all. Administering an IV is no trick either.

2) If your appetite is tamped down, don't worry about it. You've likely gained weight if you've been smoking indica varieties, so this is an excellent to jump start for shedding those unwanted "munchie" pounds.

3) If you're not sleeping well, take 50mg of diphenhydramine (Target brand Benadryl. This is also the very same product as Target Nighttime Sleep Aid) with your evening chamomile tea.

4) Most importantly...STAY BUSY AND STOP THINKING ABOUT YOUR SYMPTOMS. I just can't stress this strongly enough. Physical labor or exercise is a great approach. Mow the lawn, weed the garden, paint the guest room, rotate the tires, wash the windows, plant a tree, go on a bike ride, go for a jog, take a hike, build a piece of furniture, go camping, clean the garage, walk the dog, practice your instrument, read A Farewell to Arms, shampoo the carpets, comb the cat, skim the pool, attend a lecture, take up a new hobby, go to the gym... Get off your tookus, quit telling yourself how crappy you feel, and get engaged in something!
    I wanted to say an extremely big thanks for these. I am going to go through rehab soon so anything is appreciated. that's why i have registered here.. thanks for everything guys! can i ask some other questions if i have one? or better start a thread myself?

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Ask away Comilly!

Sari Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default Terrified to lose my best friend

So.... I have bee thinking about quitting for a while now. I am 34 and have been a heavy, everyday all day smoker since I was 16. I have been scouring the internet for reasons I should quit but then I talk myself out of it. I am terrified to lose my best friend ( Mary Jane). Even saying that I know it sounds pathetic. The thought of not seeing and smelling weed is really scary and I’m feeling anxious just thinking about it. On the flip side though it’s scary to think of wasting more of my life being addicted to a plant; no matter how beautiful and great smelling this plant may be. Also the thought that I have lived half my life high and the fact that I’m an emotional imbisil from years of use. I have heard that if you are an habitual pot smoker especially in early teens the brain is pretty much ****ed for life and unable to rebuild the damage. This thought makes me think what’s the point of quitting if my brain is already ****ed! I know the first step is not smoking but the idea of a day without weed seems horrific! Everybody that is not addicted tells me to just taper off but I have an all or nothing personality and that seems almost as impossible as quitting cold turkey. Also I’m a very functional heavy smoker so I keep telling myself it’s fine. Agh!!!! Needing to quit but really not wanting to!

Hi Sari,

I can hear your struggle and I think that it is common in the beginning of this journey to hold on to cannabis for dear life. I guess at the moment, you don't have anything to compare it to, so you are looking into the unknown. And of course, I can tell you that quitting was the best thing that I ever did and that so many positive changes have happened in my life since I quit. But you probably need to experience that for yourself.

Could you strike some kind of compromise? If you give up for six weeks then you will start to know what it is like to live cannabis free. Would it make any difference if you told yourself that you would make your decision then? With the option to going back if you want to.

I also think that a good first step can be delaying your first smoke of the day. If you can push it back to 12 pm, 3 pm, 5 pm, you start to have these chunks in your day where you are smoke free. It helped me to get closer to that great moment when I finally quit completely.

I guess my thoughts are that all you need to do is to take a step in the right direction. The more you can play around with it, and put in place behaviours that get you closer to your goal, the less hold it will have on you, and the less you will think of cannabis as some kind of wonder drug.

Good luck and let us know how you are going!
    Alice

Hi Sari,

The last sentence of your post, "Needing to quit but really not wanting to!" sounds just like me when I was 28 yrs old (in 1983) and wanted to quit my 10 year habit of smoking pot (daily if I had weed). I was a
    "mari-holic". Marijuana had me and I did not like it. When I got stoned I wished I hadn't and when I was not stoned I wished I was. Talk about a tug of war! One day I flushed my weed down the toilet and successfully "cold turkey-ed" it. It was not easy, a few months of feeling lost. Besides marrying my wife (1977) and having a son (1981), quitting pot was the best thing I ever did.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

Give it a shot. Sounds like you're ready to try. Wean off or cold turkey it. There's arguments for either method. In the post above this one, Alice offers some good tips. There's plenty of friends and kindhearted folks here who can help you.

Hyzer29
    Last edited by Hyzer29; 04-15-2018 at 07:24 PM.

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default Constipation

How long does constipation last after quitting i on. Day35

hi there, i would say that it varies from person to person. I didn't get constipation when I gave up.

Try drinking lots more water, eating prunes and fibre such as psyllium, or other forms of fibre in your diet. That should help a lot!

Cheers,
    Alice

I had 1 day of severe constipation around day 35 or 40 as well. Out of the blue. I have been taking psyllium husk in a product called "Colon Cleanse" for 20+ years, about 3-4 times a week. So when this happened (it was awful) I started taking it twice a day. This is why it lasted for only a day. It is really a great product. I used it twice daily for about a month (I was afraid to decrease it!). Then I went to once daily. Lately, I have even missed a day here and there and am fine, but am still taking it once a day. I am at 3 and half months quit now.

Good luck!
    John

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising