+ Reply to Thread
Page 121 of 122 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1214

Thread: How long do marijuana withdrawal symptoms last

Hi John

Thank you for responding! I am very serious about quitting and not going back. I have been doing so much research on quitting weed.and read this issue does happen but havent found any info on how long it lasts. The metabolites sit in the fat cells of our body released thru urine and pooping, i havent taken anything over the counter for my issue because I want it to make its way out of me. Im started eating liite and apple cider vineager mixed in my water. Its only been 6 weeks so im going to give it more time. I havent discussed with my dr more so because I doubt that he is knowledgable in marijuana withdrawal symptoms. Im staying strong and will continue my journey with being clean. Life is good.

Thank you again for responding. I appteciate that!

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Hello all, daily (all day) smoker for the past ten years, very strong strains, and I can relate to everything I have read here. I am one month into a total detox. One thing I would like to add is that of course our bodies produce endocannabinoids naturally. Becoming THC dependant means we are left with a very weak endocannabinoid system (ECS). This is absolutely NO JOKE, as this poorly understood system mediates so many important functions in our bodies (sleep, stress response, appetite, mood, inflammation, etc, etc, etc). It is essential for keeping us healthy and alive. So rather than focusing on bad feelings, focus on the biochemistry.
    Things which boost the CNS (my comments in brackets):

1) Stress Reduction
    Emotional stress decreases CB1 receptors

(obvious one but very hard to control)

2) Omega 6’s
    Anandamide, 2-AG, 2-AGE, and other endogenous cannabinoids are derived from arachidonic acid.

(Eat things like: flaxseed, grapeseed oil, pumpkin seeds, etc)

3) Exercise
    Exercise increased the CB1 receptor sensitivity, and also increases anandamide, which is our natural CB1 activator.

4) Dietary Fats
    A high-fat diet increases liver levels of the endocannabinoid anandamide (arachidonoyl ethanolamide) and increases CB1 receptors [R].

(Take: olive oil, fish oil, DHA)

5) Cold Exposure
    Cold showers are quite relaxing and it does feel like you get a high when the shower is done. It turns out that cold exposure stimulates the cannabinoid system [R, R, R].

(If you dare!!!!)

6) Sun
    Sun increases cannabinoid receptors indirectly. UVA is a potent inducer of nitric oxide in the body.
    Nitric Oxide increases expression and abundance of CB1 receptors in mice.

(easy one if you have sunlight)

7) Increase Testosterone
    Testosterone and DHT increase the CB1 receptors [R].

(comes back to exercise)

8) CBD Oil
    Cannabidiol or CBD is the less psychoactive part of the cannabis plant.

(CBD is the non-psychoactive cannabannoid found in weed. It mediates THC's psychotic effects. Reduced my nausea and insomnia to almost ZERO. I bought a quality oil and I vape it)

9) Butyrate
    Butyrate increases CB1 gene expression – epigenetic histone acetylation has an important role in activation of the Cannabinoid system [R].

(eat green leaves/vegetables, healthy grains, cultured and probiotic foods)

And of course one very important point in retraining your ECS - no more THC!!!!!!!! This cannabinoid is something like synthetic testosterone: it produces incredibly effective results, but at a cost.

Good luck people! This is no fun whatsoever, but worth it.

Thanks. That was a well thought out post loaded with good info. Reaching out during your own tough time was a very nice thing to do. Continued success with your detox.

I was a long time smoker, my habit was no joke. It has now been 8 weeks clean for me, most of 90% of my symptoms have subsided. My hard work paid off! the N/A meetings, CBT therapy, vitamins, healthy diet, lots of water, Natural Cranberry juice, yoga & and lots of walking, these things are now a way of life for me. My friends notice a big difference in my face and my attitude. and so do I.
    I really didnt see what weed was doing to me until I wanted to get off of it. I'm not gonna lie, it was tough quitting cold turkey. some symptoms were scary, some lasted longer than I hoped but nothing beats how great im feeling now. I will never go back.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

I wish everyone luck!! keep going, dont look back, it gets better, it really does

How are you doing? I hope that things have gotten better for you

Thank you for sharing this info, it really helps me a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Brooklyn View Post
    How are you doing? I hope that things have gotten better for you
    Hi, I am feeling great! This forum helped me so much, and I am sure that it is helping others. Its great to have a place to come to and share our experiences.
    Most of my withdrawals are gone now ( 2 months clean) it took dedication and hard work, you have to want to be sober and I wanted it. Friends have noticed the change in me and I feel the change in me, its amazing

Oh Snap, and I thought that I had a well thought out plan, good going! I wish you the best. You are right - its no fun but being clean and rid of all the toxins we allowed in our body is the best thing we could do for ourselves. 2 months clean for me thru hard work and dedication. I havent felt this proud of myself in years. Good luck in your journey

Life is good

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hello all, daily (all day) smoker for the past ten years, very strong strains, and I can relate to everything I have read here. I am one month into a total detox. One thing I would like to add is that of course our bodies produce endocannabinoids naturally. Becoming THC dependant means we are left with a very weak endocannabinoid system (ECS). This is absolutely NO JOKE, as this poorly understood system mediates so many important functions in our bodies (sleep, stress response, appetite, mood, inflammation, etc, etc, etc). It is essential for keeping us healthy and alive. So rather than focusing on bad feelings, focus on the biochemistry.
    Things which boost the CNS (my comments in brackets):

1) Stress Reduction
    Emotional stress decreases CB1 receptors

(obvious one but very hard to control)

2) Omega 6’s
    Anandamide, 2-AG, 2-AGE, and other endogenous cannabinoids are derived from arachidonic acid.

(Eat things like: flaxseed, grapeseed oil, pumpkin seeds, etc)

3) Exercise
    Exercise increased the CB1 receptor sensitivity, and also increases anandamide, which is our natural CB1 activator.

4) Dietary Fats
    A high-fat diet increases liver levels of the endocannabinoid anandamide (arachidonoyl ethanolamide) and increases CB1 receptors [R].

(Take: olive oil, fish oil, DHA)

5) Cold Exposure
    Cold showers are quite relaxing and it does feel like you get a high when the shower is done. It turns out that cold exposure stimulates the cannabinoid system [R, R, R].

(If you dare!!!!)

6) Sun
    Sun increases cannabinoid receptors indirectly. UVA is a potent inducer of nitric oxide in the body.
    Nitric Oxide increases expression and abundance of CB1 receptors in mice.

(easy one if you have sunlight)

7) Increase Testosterone
    Testosterone and DHT increase the CB1 receptors [R].

(comes back to exercise)

8) CBD Oil
    Cannabidiol or CBD is the less psychoactive part of the cannabis plant.

(CBD is the non-psychoactive cannabannoid found in weed. It mediates THC's psychotic effects. Reduced my nausea and insomnia to almost ZERO. I bought a quality oil and I vape it)

9) Butyrate
    Butyrate increases CB1 gene expression – epigenetic histone acetylation has an important role in activation of the Cannabinoid system [R].

(eat green leaves/vegetables, healthy grains, cultured and probiotic foods)

And of course one very important point in retraining your ECS - no more THC!!!!!!!! This cannabinoid is something like synthetic testosterone: it produces incredibly effective results, but at a cost.

Good luck people! This is no fun whatsoever, but worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Brooklyn View Post
    Oh Snap, and I thought that I had a well thought out plan, good going! I wish you the best. You are right - its no fun but being clean and rid of all the toxins we allowed in our body is the best thing we could do for ourselves. 2 months clean for me thru hard work and dedication. I havent felt this proud of myself in years. Good luck in your journey
    Life is good
    VERY happy for you! Great to read posts like this. For some it might be more or than 2 months but there is a light at the end of the withdrawal tunnel.

I agree 100%! I am not over it completely but it took 2 months for the worst of the physical withdrawals to be over. I am now dealing with the emotional part of it, Its a long haul. Youre right, there is a light at the end of the withdrawal tunnel and I can see the glimmer of light, im close I want to give hope to others thru my posts. I understand now why they say you have to WANT to be clean & sober, which I did. Its hard work but im happy that I quit

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising