+ Reply to Thread
Page 123 of 123 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 121 122 123
Results 1,221 to 1,227 of 1227

Thread: How long do marijuana withdrawal symptoms last

LeafFly13 Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default moderate user

I was a moderate ~daily user until a couple weeks ago, 3 weeks this friday. Ive gotten clean for 1-3 weeks many times, usually when traveling or during holidays when Im with family.

It took me a long time to accept that the discomfort I was feeling during these breaks were from weed - I wanted them to be from something else so bad so I could smoke weed guilt free. But after I accepted it, and started noticing the symptoms of withdrawal when I stopped - as well as symptoms I experienced during regular use - I was able to start observing the effect weed has on me, and the effects I experience when I stop using. My symptoms arent nearly as bad as many people on here, but I have done a lot of self experiments and hope this may be useful to someone sometime.

First, the most important thing that seems to determine how bad your withdrawal symptoms AND any symptoms of regular cannabis use are (1) the potency of the weed; Oils that are 75+% are infinitely worse than bud. Seriously, stay away from oils. And (2) what percentage of the day you are sober vs high.

That said, here are the symptoms I observe when I smoke weed regularly Many of these I also get as withdrawal symptoms when I stop smoking:
    1. Inability to sleep through the night. I often have to smoke to get back to sleep, and I wake up feeling light-headed.
    2. Muscle/joint aches, especially the fingers and toes.
    3. Feeling "out of it" or burnt out when not high. It isnt too bad, and I often think itll go away the next day after sleep, but it usually doesnt.
    4. Erectile dysfunction. This was a bad one. It seems to happen when I smoke before bed every night. I dont get morning wood, and cant get it up with the SO. It didnt happen every day; but it did happen.
    5. Body/muscles dont repair themselves during sleep. Sort of ties into (2). Any workout I did the day before, my muscles will not have healed and will be sore; even if I ate a big meal.
    6. Mild headache/facial pressure that only seems to go away when you smoke

Again, these were INFINITELY worse when I was smoking oils compared to just bud.

Now here are the symptoms of withdrawal.

Withdrawal seems to go in waves lasting ~5 days each; with the first phase being the hardest and worst; and each subsequent phase getting slightly better. This sort of jives with people's perception that you ahve good days and bad; its my belief that these are actually caused by brain chemicals rebalancing themselves - overshooting and undershooting around the goal.

The symptoms of the first phase seemed to start on day 2, peaked around day 6 and were better by day 8. These included:
    1. Insomnia. This is the worst part of it all.
    2. Brain feeling completely tired, like you have been up for 72 hours even if you slept for 4-5 hrs. Thinking is hard. critical thinking is impossible.
    3. Headaches, around the eyes and temples. Feels exactly like sinus pressure; but I even got a mri once and everything looked good.
    4. Muscle aches, especially in the fingers and toes.
    5. Erectile Dysfunction. The first two days, my sex drive was crazy high. Then days 3-10, it crashed, and I had ED.
    6. Stress. Everything seems stressful, simple things seem challenging.
    7. Depression. I only get mild-moderate depression. Ive had it worse from actual sad events in my life. But its frustrating because you think you're feeling sad about something, and just go around looking for something you may be sad about. Just end up thinking sad thoughts.

Day 7-8 were much better and I thought I was done with it; but then day 9-13 I had many of the same symptoms again, this time a bit less intense though:
    1. Insomnia; Im able to get to sleep but wake up many times through the night. Crazy/scary dreams. Each time i wake up, I have a bad headache.
    2. Headaches around eyes and temples
    3. Muscle/joint aches, especially fingers
    4. ED, but it got better slightly each day

Days 14-15 were better, and I again thought I was past this; but Im now on day 17 and since yesterday Im feelign the symptoms again; but now even less intense:
    1. Insomnia; able to get to sleep but wake up many times. Crazy/scary dreams. headache every time I wake up in the middle of the night.
    2. Headaches around eyes and temples
    3. Muscle/joint aches, especially fingers

Im hoping this will be the last "phase" but I bet Ill get better and worse again and again, at least a couple more times while my brain chemicals settle on their true homeostatic state. I do plan to smoke weed again once I know Im for sure over all symptoms, but never ever enough to develop a dependence or for my brain to re-balance itself.

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default The never ending cycle

It is day 48 for me today.

Where do I start, this has undoubtedly been the hardest exeperience of my life. I smoked daily for 3 years. I have never experienced any sort of mental health issues until I decided to put an end to my marijuana addiction. The first days and weeks were scary to say the least. Depression, anxiety, insomnia, night sweats; the whole lot.

I am young, fit and very healthy by scientific standards, but I feel like I have completely lost myself with these withdrawals. I have good and bad days and I question if I actually have mental health problems which scares me more than anything.

Today is one of those bad days, my partner has noticed my loss of motivation and depression/anxiety spells and I feel sick that I'm being perceived that way.

Please, it would be great to hear from anyone who has gone through or going through this to provide some reassurance.

I just want to be normal again.

Unregistered Cannabis Rehab Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Where do I start, this has undoubtedly been the hardest exeperience of my life. I smoked daily for 3 years. I have never experienced any sort of mental health issues until I decided to put an end to my marijuana addiction. The first days and weeks were scary to say the least. Depression, anxiety, insomnia, night sweats; the whole lot.

I am young, fit and very healthy by scientific standards, but I feel like I have completely lost myself with these withdrawals. I have good and bad days and I question if I actually have mental health problems which scares me more than anything.

Today is one of those bad days, my partner has noticed my loss of motivation and depression/anxiety spells and I feel sick that I'm being perceived that way.

Please, it would be great to hear from anyone who has gone through or going through this to provide some reassurance.

Today is 78 days for me, I had few weeks of good days but then bad day started yesterday. I feel exactly like you stated if I have some mental health issues. I felt like that few weeks ago but it got better...it is ups and downs...really tired of this..I felt like crying today for no reason. I have a great life and don’t even need to work for living. **** is wrong with me.

Hey there Day 48,

It really does suck!
    If I haven't experienced a symptom you list, I have read on here a lot of people who have.
    They are temporary and will go away with time. At 48 days I was still really struggling. Many people have said they were questioning their mental health--I think I did a little bit, but I had some really good support so I was reassured what I was going through was "normal".

Go easy on yourself, take one day at a time. A few things I did to help myself:

Swim laps, lift weights, went to Marijuana Anonymous meetings--check them out online, they have lots of good info and try to find a meeting, went to a traditional medicine practioner who advised some supplements and did accupuncture, saw a therapist, read a lot about cannabis withdrawal, and tried not to think too much about the whole thing/distract my mind. I also found this forum to be a great resource of information and support.

48 days is a GREAT start! But you need to give it more time. It's a roller coaster ride. I found the good stretches become longer over time, but some symtoms--mostly trouble sleeping and depression-- sneak up from time to time. But they are much less severe than before. I'm at 8 and a half months and am feeling so much better than before. I don't think I'll ever forget how terrible I felt in the beginning.

I think you will feel normal again in time.
    Does your partner know what you are going through? Hopefully he or she is supportive. Tell him/her that you will be better but it will take some time.

Hope this helps you some. Hang in there--it will get better.
    Let us know how you are doing.
    All the best,
    John
    Last edited by JWC; 09-18-2018 at 12:40 AM.

Today is 78 days for me, I had few weeks of good days but then bad day started yesterday. I feel exactly like you stated if I have some mental health issues. I felt like that few weeks ago but it got better...it is ups and downs...really tired of this..I felt like crying today for no reason. I have a great life and don’t even need to work for living. **** is wrong with me.
    Hi Day 78

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

Sounds like you are on the roller coaster of withdrawal. It's a real thing.

If you want, read my reply to "Day 48". I list some of the things that helped me get through it. I think the excercise was and still is the most helpful. It really gets your body to produce the neurotransmitters that the cannabis interfered with. Our bodies need time and encouragement to rewire themselves.

Setbacks can be so discouraging. Just when you are feeling better and think you are out of the woods....BAM! Symptoms reappear. Just ride the roller coaster and try not to be too impatient or hard on yourself. It will get better.

Hope this helps. Hang in there!
    John

LeafFly13 Cannabis Rehab Guest

Default Day 60, Moderate User

Hi All,

I posted a month ago detailing my withdrawal symptoms after 30 days of being clean. Wanted to give an update, I hope which will give some hope!

I was a moderate user, got high for a couple hrs a day every day; for the past 2 years (concentrates and weed).
    The two years before that, I was a heavy user, weed only, 4-5Hrs a day.
    The three years before that I was a moderate user, ~1hr per day.
    Overall, I think the oils made things so much worse than just weed. The couple times Ive used exclusively concentrates and stopped cold turkey; it was miserable. But how long you are high per day also seems to affect how bad withdrawal is.

My symptoms were outlined in my first post 3-4 posts above this one. They all seem to come and go in phases of 7-8 days.

Now, 62 days later, I finally feel like I have woken up today with no sign of any symptoms. For the first time in years.

One thing to note though: Don't relapse until you are *completely* recovered. Im not someone who thinks weed is evil and should never be used; it jsut has to be used in moderation. And knowing how shitty withdrawal is helps with that.

I - thinking I was over it all - smoked again for 3 nights in a row at day 29. After that, my symptoms returned full force; and it took another 30 days for me to feel like I was back where I was then.

In general though, the symptoms are much better the second month. I still have headaches, mild/moderate insomnia, bad dreams, and muscle ache that come and go every 4-5 days.

Day 63 - The first day I feel 100% better after a 5 year habit. I am surprised jsut how long it takes to recover; I had taken a 25day break before and thought that was enough; it clearly was not.

Quote Originally Posted by LeafFly13 View Post
    Hi All,

I posted a month ago detailing my withdrawal symptoms after 30 days of being clean. Wanted to give an update, I hope which will give some hope!

I was a moderate user, got high for a couple hrs a day every day; for the past 2 years (concentrates and weed).
    The two years before that, I was a heavy user, weed only, 4-5Hrs a day.
    The three years before that I was a moderate user, ~1hr per day.
    Overall, I think the oils made things so much worse than just weed. The couple times Ive used exclusively concentrates and stopped cold turkey; it was miserable. But how long you are high per day also seems to affect how bad withdrawal is.

My symptoms were outlined in my first post 3-4 posts above this one. They all seem to come and go in phases of 7-8 days.

Now, 62 days later, I finally feel like I have woken up today with no sign of any symptoms. For the first time in years.

One thing to note though: Don't relapse until you are *completely* recovered. Im not someone who thinks weed is evil and should never be used; it jsut has to be used in moderation. And knowing how shitty withdrawal is helps with that.

I - thinking I was over it all - smoked again for 3 nights in a row at day 29. After that, my symptoms returned full force; and it took another 30 days for me to feel like I was back where I was then.

In general though, the symptoms are much better the second month. I still have headaches, mild/moderate insomnia, bad dreams, and muscle ache that come and go every 4-5 days.

Day 63 - The first day I feel 100% better after a 5 year habit. I am surprised jsut how long it takes to recover; I had taken a 25day break before and thought that was enough; it clearly was not.
    LeafFly, very glad to read of your progress. Thanks for returning to update. This forum needs posts like this. Also you included some very useful info, thanks. Nice to see detailed data. I think such specifics can help those whose own journey might be similar to yours.

I found this to be an interesting hypothesis that you suggested. "But how long you are high per day also seems to affect how bad withdrawal is." Could be some reliability in that proposition cuz it seems logical that the duration of the high each day would affect the cannabinoid receptors/system more than anything else such as pot strength, pot type, & method of pot delivery to the body.

Someone, more easily affected by THC, might take one hit of low quality weed and be stoned for 6 hours while someone else, not so easily affected by THC, could do multiple doses of high quality oil and be high for 2 hours. I know users from both camps. There are friends who, day after day, get high from noon til sunset on one hit of average weed (that was me). While others, 3 times a day, take multiple hits of the best weed they can get and are high 3 hours total for the day.

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising