After 5 years of daily use (stoned from noon until bedtime) I was a basket case. It wasn’t working anymore unless I took mega doses and then it only lasted a short while. I couldn’t quit by myself so I worked with a councillor. Took 4 months to become symptom free. Peak discomfort was at 12 days tapering slowly until I reached 4 months. I toughed it out and had it beat! 8 months later I decided to reward myself with a few hits off the vapourizer. WRONG decision! I was back full bore addicted in a week.

This is day one of attempt #2. I signed up for counseling again, but can’t see anyone for 3 weeks. So here goes. I “stubborn” it out alone until then, and then repeat the detox. Lesson learned: For me it’s like alcohol and an alcoholic. When you recover from marijuana addiction, you can never have any more. Ever. Not even one hit. If so, you either live with the addiction indefinitely or repeat the suffering of withdrawal.

It’s a battle that can be won if you stick to it. You will be glad you did. Just don’t do what I did as a reward or full relapse is likely.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)