+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sick, scared and hoping there is a good answer...

Default Sick, scared and hoping there is a good answer...

About 24 hours ago I came home from a 48 hour stay in the hospital... It was about 8 am on Thursday morning, I was halfway through my normal routine of loading the SUV with the tools and misc. items I would need to complete the job we had scheduled. About 5 mins. into the process I started to feel like I was going to pass-out. I sat down and then started to feel like my heart was skipping some much-needed beats. I told my wife we needed to stop by the pharmacy to take my blood pressure because I was feeling kind-of bad. Before reaching the store, I redirected the car to the emergency room. After 2 days of heart related testing, I was released and told to follow-up with my cartiologist... they could not find anything other than an erratic heartbeat wrong with me. Since that time, I feel terrible... I go from a strongly irregular heartbeat and feeling like it's time for me permanantly check-out to feeling just weak and about to pass-out. So my wife just came in and suggested I search 'Google' for info. regarding symptoms, marrijuana addiction and here I am.

I've been smoking fairly high grade pot daily for about 12 years, I am 60 years old and I have always had a heart murmer and experienced occasional chestpains. Six days ago I decided to quite smoking due to the possibilty of a future drug test and what the implications of failing it would mean to those in my family. I've been under some extremely stressfull conditions for about 6 months (due to some problems one of my children is having) and I was thinking that this may be the overriding reason for my symptoms... now I'm not so sure.

So that's it. Anyone out there who can shed some light on what might be happening to me and what I might do to heal myself will be greeted with great thankfulness.

For assistance with finding a reputable and accredited Marijuana Rehab Service Provider in the USA you can call the US Government’s FREE SAMHSA’s National Helpline on:

1-800-662-HELP (4357)

•    Sponsored Offer - Cannitrol

Quit Marijuana with Cannitrol

cannitrol

hi...sorry you are having a hard time. this really sounds to me like you are having anxiety attacks. i have had them myself and i've read it's a rather common symptom people experience when they quit MJ. you can talk to your doctor, be completely honest, and maybe they would have suggestions? or you could tell yourself it's just an anxiety attack and remind yourself to breathe deeply and slowly until it passes. sometimes we panic because we're panicking, ironically. would advise against a benzo like xanax or valium just because it's easy to trade one addiction for another. if you do nothing, the anxiety will probably even out in time. but your body is used to having weed and it's probably confused.

+ Reply to Thread

Advertising